Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How far was this from the campus?
The campus adjoins the streets, but the campus is also very large. Looking at the image below, the students were occupying the area highlighted in yellow on the day the woman yelled, "We are Hamas. She would have been located somewhere outside of the red box and far removed from the students protesting on campus.

jews at columbia 2 revised.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟236,114.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For anyone interested, here's a video of a press conference that was held at Columbia University this afternoon, where some of the Jewish students that were arrested or suspended and a Jewish faculty member, among others, gave statements and answered questions. It starts at around the 10:30 mark.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟335,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The video was taken Saturday night at Columbia University, less than 24 hours ago, of woman below holding a sign pointing to the Jewish students and their friends who were holding Israeli and American flags and singing songs religious. It was their attempt at a small counter protest on campus, not that they have any numbers.

View attachment 346337

The sign says

Al-Qasam's next targets

For those who don't know Al-Qasam brigade is the military portion of Hamas who operates in Gaza and the West Bank.

So here we have someone on a university campus in America making a specific terrorist threat. Openly and without any fear.

as for the Jewish students the whole group was attacked and run off in the end by the openly professing terrorists who are operating freely on Columbia's campus.

The local Rabbi associated with the students has now told all the Jewish students to leave campus and go to their homes and stay at home until the situation on campus has changed because neither the school nor the police are providing for the safety of the Jewish students.

I'll quote here from FOX news:

In a WhatsApp message sent to hundreds before the start of Passover, Rabbi Elie Buechler, director of OU-LJIC at Columbia/Barnard, told students to leave "as soon as possible" until the situation improves, noting that "what we are witnessing in and around campus is terrible and tragic."

"The events of the last few days, especially last night, have made it clear that Columbia University’s Public Safety and the NYPD cannot guarantee Jewish students’ safety in the face of extreme antisemitism and anarchy," Buechler wrote. "It deeply pains me to say that I would strongly recommend you return home as soon as possible and remain home until the reality in and around campus has dramatically improved.

The rabbi added: "It is not our job as Jews to ensure our own safety on campus. No one should have to endure this level of hatred, let alone at school."

Plus this begins Passover. The FBI is on heightened alert and is supposedly watching every Jewish Center in America in the hopes of keeping them safe from terroristic attacks.

(If Biden even really cares to since Hamas appears as his new voting block the Democratic party is currently appeasing)

Politico also recently published an article detailing an anti semitic sentiment at levels never seen in the history of the school.

What are we doing here? Why are we allowing this?

They are turning students into anarchists and terrorists and Marxist's at these American Universities.

University professors who are pushing this anti American and anti Jewish sentiment needs to be fired immediately and deported if they are not American citizens, as well as the university leadership who turns a blind eye.

We also need to end all Qatari funding of American Universities, it should be illegal for Iran's proxies to be funding universities in order to create good little American terrorists on American soil.

We need to be putting a stop to this and not simply saying oh that's fine. It's not fine and it will never be fine.

This is not American.
Do you have a reliable source? So , I can get the truth. I really don't get why a news channel, that allowed their news employees to lie to the public for months plus. Is allowed on a Christian forum.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Campus Antisemitism Surges Amid Encampments and Related Protests at Columbia and Other U.S. Colleges​

Anti-Zionist student groups on over a dozen U.S. college and university campuses have established “encampments” in recent days to ostensibly protest Israel’s actions in Gaza and their academic institutions’ alleged “complicity” in those actions. College campuses have been the site of many tense anti-Israel protests and antisemitic incidents since the start of the ongoing Israel-Hamas war that began with Hamas’s October 7, 2023 terrorist attack. These recent encampments and related protests in support of a “Popular University for Gaza” initiative have brought those tensions to a boiling point as protesters ramp up their activity to push universities to divest from Israel.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟236,114.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I Am a Jewish Student at Columbia. Don’t Believe What You’re Being Told About ‘Campus Antisemitism’

The White House, Congressional Republicans, and cable news talking heads would have you believe that the Columbia University campus has devolved into a hotbed of antisemitic violence – but the reality on the ground is very different. I still can't quite believe how the events on campus over the past few days have been so cynically and hysterically misrepresented by the media and by our elected representatives.

Smears from the press and pro-Israel influencers, who have levied charges of antisemitism and violence against Jewish students, are a dangerous distraction from real threats to our safety.

Just over a day after the encampment was formed, university President Minouche Shafik asked and authorized the New York Police Department to clear the lawn and load 108 students – including a number of Jewish students... One Jewish student told me that she and her fellow protesters were restrained in zip-tie handcuffs for eight hours and held in cells where they shared a toilet without privacy. The NYPD chief of patrol John Chell later told the Columbia Spectator that “the students that were arrested were peaceful, offered no resistance whatsoever, and were saying what they wanted to say in a peaceful manner.”

I implore you, as our Jewish Voice for Peace chapter does, to consider whether arresting Jewish students keeps us and Columbia safe.

It’s true, the fact that CUAD organizers fundamentally reject bigotry and hate has not stopped unrelated actors from exploiting opportunities to shamefully harass Jewish students with grotesque or antisemitic statements... But the often off-campus actions of a few unaffiliated individuals simply do not characterize this disciplined student campaign. The efforts to connect these offensive but relatively isolated incidents to the broader pro-Palestinian protest movement mirror a wider strategy to delegitimize all criticism of Israel.

A Passover Seder service was held at the encampment. Would an antisemitic student movement welcome Jews in this way? I think not.

Here’s what you’re not being told: The most pressing threats to our safety as Jewish students do not come from tents on campus. Instead, they come from the Columbia administration inviting police onto campus, certain faculty members, and third-party organizations that dox undergraduates.

Jonathan Ben-Menachem is a PhD student at Columbia University.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟236,114.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jewish student protesters celebrate Passover Seder in encampments

As pro-Palestinian protesters gather in solidarity and their tents, sleeping bags and banners dot the greenspace on campuses across the U.S., many students — Jewish and non-Jewish alike — could be seen at makeshift tables this week over a Seder dinner to honor the Passover holiday.

“We as Jews have this idea of ‘Tikkun olam’ — to repair the world,” said Zoe Kanter, a student protester with Yale Jews for Ceasefire. “And that’s really a guiding principle for me … recognizing where there is injustice and suffering and working to repair it any way possible.”

Some Jewish protesters say their faith is tied to their calls for a ceasefire in Gaza and “Palestinian liberation.”

“A belief in justice and a belief in doing the right thing, a belief in human equality and dignity has been instilled within me, in keeping with my Judaism,” said Elijah Bacal, a student protester with Yale Jews for Ceasefire. “It’s a very complicated issue, and I’m very involved in Jewish life on campus, and I’ve had a lot of difficult and nuanced conversations.”

“Passover has always taught me to think about who is oppressed and what we can do to fight for their freedom,” said one student in a statement released by Columbia University Apartheid Divest. “Palestinians in Gaza have been bombed and starved by Israel for months, and we have a responsibility to speak out against these atrocities, especially as our university is funding this violence through investments.”

Jewish protesters also told ABC News that they believe generalized accusations of antisemitism against pro-Palestinian protesters are being used to “shut down very legitimate protests and grievances about what Israel is doing in Gaza right now,” said Colburn.

“Israel has, in many ways, perpetrated this genocide in the name of Jews around the world,” said Colburn. “As a Jew, I take the danger of antisemitism very, very seriously. And it is precisely because that danger is real that it is all the more important not to instrumentalize and cheapen the charge of antisemitism.”

Upvote 0