What are Angels?

AlbertanFarmGirl

Jun 25, 2008
✟15,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God created angels as He created all things for His purpose. The angels serve God and He has sent angels to people as blessings to help them and give them messages from Him. Satan used to be God's most beautiful angel until he thought that he could be like God and was kicked out of Heaven. In the Garden of Eden the serpent was satan, but it was a form that he took. In the Bible satan is depicted as that serpent, but he is not really a snake. If that makes sense.
So while God does give us, man/humans, domain over all of the animals we do not controle satan, truthfully he can controle us if we let him. However, as Christians we are given all that we need to resist the devil/satan. God gives us this power through His Spirit and Christ Jesus, if we have faith and truely follow Him then we can tell satan to leave us alone and he has to flee.
If you have any more questions feel free to PM me or keep posting here and I'm sure that someone else will be willing to answer you as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When and why did God create Angels? I do not see Angels mentioned in Genesis...
Angels are spiritual beings. They are repeatedly mentioned in Genesis. Specific kinds of angels (cherubim -- e.g. Genesis 3:24, and seraphim) are also mentioned.

Their creation is generally taken to be part of what's described in Genesis 1:1.

The word "angel" is Greek and means "messenger". In the Bible they (the good angels) act as messengers of God. They also worship Him:

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang:
"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!"
(Rev 5:11-12)

The fall of the evil angels is described in Rev 12:7-9 (events occurring presumably just after Genesis 1:1):

And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
When and why did God create Angels? I do not see Angels mentioned in Genesis.

There are indeed angels mentioned in Genesis, if you look again. :wave:

After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life. Genesis 3 v 24

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I admit its a long time since I read the Bible. Where exactly is it in the Bible where all these different types of angels are talked about?

Quite a lot of angels appear in Revelation, so if you want angels that is a good place to start.

It is just about the worst book to start with for any other quest, but you will find plenty of angels there to keep you happy for a while. :wave:

Upvote 0