• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Wanting to vent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2008
US
✟15,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey everyone my name is jennifer. I am 21 years old and have been married for 2 years on September the 9th 2008. I have always had really bad stomach problems and never really did anything just kinda thought it was endometriosis. Because that is what my mom has. Well anyways After i got married my husband and i decided we wanted to have a baby. So months went by and still no baby. Tracking and everything. Then i noticed i started to gain weight rapidy, Which was very hard for me because i was heavier growing up and then i finally got comfortable with myself and was healthy and gained weight like crazy. My hormones started going all out of whack and i would snap at the top of a hat. Just chalked it up to being a teenager. Anyways over a year went by and still no baby. Aganizing pain from the cysts getting so large that they eventually would rupture. I Ended up getting dark patches on my skin and figured it was a rash or something it would go away. Didnt think anything of it. Have had the same rash for almost 10 years. Well anyways my husband and i started getting concerned after 19 months had passed only used a condom for the first like month or so and we still werent getting pregnant so i decided to go to the doctor. I was diagnosed with PCOS. and my doctor prescribed me metformin. the month after the doctor prescribed me metformin i Got pregnant. I lost the baby. Well my doctor did a series of tests on me and noticed i was insulin resistant and i have much higher levels of testosterone. Well just recently here and there i am sprouting little black hair from my chin. Its soo embarassing/ I have issues with my confidence as it is. Anyways i just dont know what to do i feel like my body is going all out of whack. Im gaining weight like crazy, my doctor wont refill my medicine ( having probs withh her), Im not getting pregnant and i feel like im starting too look like a man. I try really hard to be happy, but inside i just feel like a different person. This is over comming my life and consuming me. Im soo lost . Anyone have any words of advice? Sorry it was such a long story :o

Thanuist

Sep 4, 2008
✟7,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ask your doctor to go on the birthcontrol pill. Find a doctor to get your your glucophage. See a dietician about going on a diabetic diet to lose weight. Don't bother with a baby until your testosterone and insulin is down. Shouldn't even be trying for a baby while you're on metformin anyway

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SG, first of all I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. I know that really hurts. I lost two babies I was carrying, it still hurts to think about. But I know this, beyond a shadow of a doubt, I will see them in heaven someday. So will you. Your little one is with the Lord, you will see him or her someday.

Regarding the medical problems. Don't try for a baby until you can get your physical problems straightened out. These all sound treatable with diet and meds. Like you my little sister was growing hair on her face. She found out she had a hormone imbalance and was treated for it. She has five children today.

If your doctor isn't helping you, go to another doctor, if you can. There are other medical professionals who could help you as well. Don't stop trying to get help, keep going. Sooner or later you will find answers and feel so much better.

I am praying for you. Be blessed. You can PM me anytime.

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟23,379.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If you don't have one, I suggest you go to an edocrinologist for this. The specialize in helping with your hormone levels plus issues with the baby (I'm surprised they would keep you on metformin with you trying to conceive).

Upvote 0

lovesdolphins

New year, new me, new baby????
Mar 28, 2007
Houston
✟15,296.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh wow - ok, metformin is a VERY common medication for women TTC. I'm not sure why y'all are saying she shouldn't be on it.

At the very least that is EXACTLY what she should be on. It will help with all of the issues that she is having, with the excess hair, the high testosterone, the insulin resistance, and even with her weight.

Some Drs even recomend for women to stay on it while pregnant for the first few months.

But, you definitely should get your insulin resistance in check, as well as the testerosterone down. With those numbers out of 'whack' you will have a very difficult time carrying a baby to term. It took me a very long time to get mine down, but I have and next week I will begin a fertility treatment cycle.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.