Minnesota
✟222,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"A new #TwitterFiles investigation reveals that teams of Twitter employees build blacklists, prevent disfavored tweets from trending, and actively limit the visibility of entire accounts or even trending topics—all in secret, without informing users. . ."

https://twitter.com/bariweiss?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1601011428579717121|twgr^c42acfc83899437cff3fd93139740434d6a8e18a|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-twitter-files-part-two-released-exposing-secret-blacklists
Bari Weiss
@bariweiss
·
Follow
3. Take, for example, Stanford’s Dr. Jay Bhattacharya (@DrJBhattacharya) who argued that Covid lockdowns would harm children. Twitter secretly placed him on a “Trends Blacklist,” which prevented his tweets from trending.

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yes, Twitter moderates content. No one ever thought otherwise.

ETA: more than 4 years ago, Twitter told everyone that they ranked tweets and searches to mute 'unhealthy' messages.

We do rank tweets and search results. We do this because Twitter is most useful when it’s immediately relevant. These ranking models take many signals into consideration to best organize tweets for timely relevance. We must also address bad-faith actors who intend to manipulate or detract from healthy conversation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟155,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
"A new #TwitterFiles investigation reveals that teams of Twitter employees build blacklists, prevent disfavored tweets from trending, and actively limit the visibility of entire accounts or even trending topics—all in secret, without informing users. . ."

https://twitter.com/bariweiss?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1601011428579717121|twgr^c42acfc83899437cff3fd93139740434d6a8e18a|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-twitter-files-part-two-released-exposing-secret-blacklists
Bari Weiss
@bariweiss
·
Follow
3. Take, for example, Stanford’s Dr. Jay Bhattacharya (@DrJBhattacharya) who argued that Covid lockdowns would harm children. Twitter secretly placed him on a “Trends Blacklist,” which prevented his tweets from trending.

Let’s try talking openly about the moderation of our present forum?
Not allowed?
The irony, it burns.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟105,747.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Old Twitter manipulates content. No one is surprised. There a more accurate description. The so called trending is not organic nor algorithmic. And based on release information all the censoring, de-boosting, shadow banning and outright banning heavily favors one side of the partisanship. No cookie for guessing which side.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Beyond that Twitter was deceptive. They would stop a category of comments from showing as trending. In other words, they would misrepresent user interest.

• Agree
Reactions: IceJad
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And based on release information
Will Twitter release the information about the closed door meeting between its CEO and Trump in the White House? Or any other interactions with the Trump Administration?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Beyond that Twitter was deceptive. They would stop a category of comments from showing as trending. In other words, they would misrepresent user interest.
I wonder if Miller Lite actually tastes great and is less filling.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟105,747.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Will Twitter release the information about the closed door meeting between its CEO and Trump in the White House? Or any other interactions with the Trump Administration?
There is already release on how both Trump's and Biden's administrations have requested their censorship. That is why I said heavily favors. I didn't said only one side. You should read the released information. They might not the be full information but I have a gut feeling sooner or later the majority of the information will be out in the wild.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟105,747.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

And why are you bringing up Trump with me. I'm not American, I don't fancy either side. Both sides have their own skeletons. Too bad Twitter with their bias made the left looked worse with the releases. If they would have favored the right more then the releases now will make the right look worse. I guess you can call this reaping what you sow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟155,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I used to (as a boy), go to the movies on Saturday. The $1 allowance allowed for the 50¢ Theater ticket and 50¢ worth of candy.
Anyways, there’d be the short subjects and cartoons before the beginning of the double-feature and never once did that dern coyote get that roadrunner.
I think I was being led-on!

Seriously though, Twitter is “entertainment” it’s not “real life”.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I used to (as a boy), go to the movies on Saturday. The $1 allowance allowed for the 50¢ Theater ticket and 50¢ worth of candy.
Anyways, there’d be the short subjects and cartoons before the beginning of the double-feature and never once did that dern coyote get that roadrunner.

Social media is a big part of the U.S. infrastructure, with Twitter a major player. This is systemic fraud which altered the results of elections. The fascists involved must be brought to justice.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟319,238.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Bari Weiss
@bariweiss
·
Follow

How did you not already know this? Just what do you think moderators do?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How did you not already know this? Just what do you think moderators do?
Don't you know the difference between moderating and fraud? Moderators can delete posts deemed improper, moderators can ban people, Twitter banned President Trump. But it is another thing, for example, to falsely portray trending topics. If the New York Times bestseller list put a book at number one that had not sold any copies, that would be fraudulent. Or for example, let's say the FBI had determined the Hunter Biden laptop was real, but put out a story saying it was Russian disinformation, that would be fraudulent.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟53,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Technically, bias against conservatives on a forum is moderation. It's still bias. Your post seems to imply you believe no bias existed. Is that your belief?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟53,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's entertainment in the sense that us posting comments here is entertainment. Unless some of us are lying, it's also real life. Fiction, crafting imaginary accounts is both entertainment and not real life.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟319,238.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Moderators can delete posts deemed improper, moderators can ban people
And delete tweets. Which is what happened. Didn’t you even know that?

• Agree
Reactions: Don't Panic
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Technically, bias against conservatives on a forum is moderation. It's still bias. Your post seems to imply you believe no bias existed. Is that your belief?

I expect there's less bias than people are suggesting. If these media are suppressing misinformation, and one political wing is more misinformed, then an evenhanded moderation of misinformation may appear politically biased.

But more importantly, I don't care whether bias existed. Private companies are allowed to proclaim Jesus or suppress communism.

This website has moderation policies, but I'm not referring the matter to a Congressional subcommittee.

Any hint that government power should be used to regulate these private companies is an actual threat to the First Amendment, unlike biased moderation policies.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

“New Twitter policy is freedom of speech, but not freedom of reach,” Musk tweeted.

“Negative/hate tweets will be max deboosted & demonetized, so no ads or other revenue to Twitter. You won’t find the tweet unless you specifically seek it out, which is no different from rest of Internet,” he added.

1670599080688.png

Upvote 0