Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My fun thing is getting up and walking to another room to get something, get there and forgot why I went in there! :swoon::sigh:
Then I usually have to retrace my steps and look around and try to remember what I went in there for in the first place. Good to get exercise but not so good on the frustration level. :)
As soon as you get out of the room you were into you remember it's in there

• Agree
Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟84,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I found these rubber gripper jar opener things incredibly helpful. I can open jars now that I hadn't been able to open for years before:

1456bb54-0245-42c6-8219-b5b7d5271bf0.6c44d8b3b86f370e32bc5dfaf206d44c.jpeg
Oh, yes. I've seen a lot of helpful products that I didn't need when I was younger!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟84,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Things change as we get older, things we used to do as a much younger self are now becoming a challenge.

But is it only due to our aging bodies?

Recently I've noticed a bone spur on my knuckle on the finger that was jammed back when I was 11 playing outfield in a school softball game... without a glove. Ball hit me straight on my two longest fingers. Bent one up at the first knuckle and turning in the other finger in an odd way.

Noticed this as I was trying to remove the cap from the creamer for my coffee.

I used to not have much struggle opening things but I'm thinking back for the past 6 months maybe and realize it may not just be me.

I looked at the twist off cap, the one you open before the tamper resistant finger pull seal.

Now I don't think it's just me having trouble with this but that the manufacturer of these cardboard liquid containers (milk, creamer, OJ, eggnog and the like) are making the cap smaller. Not in diameter but in thickness. It's hard to grasp onto. I suppose it's a environmental thing but I wonder if they've even considered how it accepts the consumer. Not just the elderly but also others that are impaired of their fine motor skills?

I can hardly pry the lid off the cottage cheese. Maybe I'll stop buying it! >:0

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had to buy some half n half by the half gallon. Not only was the cap thinner and harder to get off but as I held the carton to pour into my coffee it started to collapse. I guess they are now making the cartons thinner. So instead of having to clean up a 1/2 gl of cream which would probably stick after awhile cause you can't get it all, I got a brain storm (happens very infrequently at this age :) ).
Why deal with the cap and the possible collapse of the carton?
I went up into my cupboard and got out a rarely used tupperware drink pitcher. It's sturdy, not flimsy plastic, has a sealing lid that easy to remove and a nice handle to grab it by.

Why didn't I think of this sooner? :scratch::yawn::swoon::doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟67,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Difficult to buy a washer and dryer that costs more than my first car.
Saw a news bit a few days ago about people buying new cars. The current average monthly payment is $730! We never had a house payment that high. And 1 in 6 people make a car payment of $1,000 per month.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟797,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟687,763.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being alienated from the current overconfident generation who don't think a boomer has anything of value to say.
We're now the "old fogies" of course no one listens to us! I remember when we didn't trust anyone over 30. :cool:

Upvote 0