Canadian doctors amputate 2 healthy fingers of man with ‘bodily integrity dysphoria’...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In “the first described [case] about digits amputation,” Canadian doctors surgically removed two healthy fingers from a young man experiencing “body integrity dysphoria” (BID). The sad, bizarre account, published March 27 in the open-access journal Clinical Case Reports, is linked to surgical interventions for gender dysphoria. This similar yet distinct case underscores the dangers of gender ideology from a slightly different vantage point, one which circumvents the deceptive veil of civil rights language which conceals the harms of gender transition procedures.

Distress​

A 20-year-old man felt “profound distress over his left hand’s fourth and fifth fingers,” according to the case report. He hid his fingers by keeping them flexed, which impaired his dexterity and caused localized pain. He experienced nightmares in which his fingers rotted or burned, as well as “daily intrusive thoughts … provoking a distressing feeling that they do not belong to him.” He couldn’t imagine living with those fingers for years, the doctor wrote.

I can’t imagine what it would be like to have such feelings and desires. I can’t imagine feeling that a part of my body didn’t belong, even though I could intellectually acknowledge it. I can’t imagine what it would be like for such feelings to persist through every attempt to counteract them, causing long-term distress, and causing me to hide from my family in embarrassment. Let us not neglect compassion for people who feel such things, even as we affirm biblical truth about their condition.

Feelings such as BID are the result of the world’s fallen state. They did not originally belong to God’s created order, which was “very good” (Genesis 1:31). They will not belong to the future paradise that awaits God’s people, which will have no “mourning, nor crying, nor pain” (Revelation 21:4). For now, under the weight of sin and death, disease and pain, the whole creation is “subjected to futility” and “has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now” (Romans 8:20-22). But such things as BID won’t last forever.

Desires​

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,258,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In “the first described [case] about digits amputation,” Canadian doctors surgically removed two healthy fingers from a young man experiencing “body integrity dysphoria” (BID). The sad, bizarre account, published March 27 in the open-access journal Clinical Case Reports, is linked to surgical interventions for gender dysphoria. This similar yet distinct case underscores the dangers of gender ideology from a slightly different vantage point, one which circumvents the deceptive veil of civil rights language which conceals the harms of gender transition procedures.

Distress​

A 20-year-old man felt “profound distress over his left hand’s fourth and fifth fingers,” according to the case report. He hid his fingers by keeping them flexed, which impaired his dexterity and caused localized pain. He experienced nightmares in which his fingers rotted or burned, as well as “daily intrusive thoughts … provoking a distressing feeling that they do not belong to him.” He couldn’t imagine living with those fingers for years, the doctor wrote.

I can’t imagine what it would be like to have such feelings and desires. I can’t imagine feeling that a part of my body didn’t belong, even though I could intellectually acknowledge it. I can’t imagine what it would be like for such feelings to persist through every attempt to counteract them, causing long-term distress, and causing me to hide from my family in embarrassment. Let us not neglect compassion for people who feel such things, even as we affirm biblical truth about their condition.

Feelings such as BID are the result of the world’s fallen state. They did not originally belong to God’s created order, which was “very good” (Genesis 1:31). They will not belong to the future paradise that awaits God’s people, which will have no “mourning, nor crying, nor pain” (Revelation 21:4). For now, under the weight of sin and death, disease and pain, the whole creation is “subjected to futility” and “has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now” (Romans 8:20-22). But such things as BID won’t last forever.

Desires​

Continued below.
The Hippocratic Oath starts out with ‘first, do no harm’. At least the classic oath did. It also did not allow doctors to be abortionists.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,258,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yeah, he needed mental therapy.
Someday he might turn around and sue.
I hope he does eventually sue their pants off. Serve those doctors right.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,258,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The modern medical "Hypocritic Oath" strikes again. :mad:
Whoever thinks these policies up should be given a head removal.
I noticed that play on similar sounding but very different words there.

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0