• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Tempted to cut

Chris G

Jul 17, 2013
✟7,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stay strong my brother in God!
Finding a person to have a relationship with is tough, but don't let that be the reason for you hurting yourself! You are not cursed nor are you ugly. You'll probably brush this away cause I don't even know you, right? But keep in mind that even if I don't know you, it is still possible for me to know that you are not ugly. For you are God's child. God's children are beautiful.
If you still just brush off what I'm saying (and keep in mind that I do NOT blame you if you do, for I know how difficult it is to change negative thoughts about oneself), just remember that you are God's creation. Calling yourself ugly is calling God's child ugly. You don't really want to do that, right?

I will leave you with a few bible-verses that you hopefully can think about before you hurt yourself.

Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest."

Psalm 34:18
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!
I have overcome the world.”

I will also be praying for you. Try not to hurt yourself, you've managed for more than 3 years! And that's something truly amazing. The fact that you've done that just proves that you ARE very strong. I hope that you can find the strength that you currently need.
:hug: :prayer:

Upvote 0