Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been thinking about this debate. Lou Famoso has a facebook page. On the info his religion is "life after death experiencer". So I sent him a message and flat out asked him to whom does he serve and if he believes Jesus is God. When I get a reply (if I get a reply) I'll let you know!
Please do let us know.

I am on the fence about this guy and the authenticity of his experience. It seems if he believed in Christ he would be preaching like crazy to a dying world as our time is so short.

Upvote 0

PintoBean

AlwaysHopeful
Sep 17, 2010
USA
✟15,300.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please do let us know.

I am on the fence about this guy and the authenticity of his experience. It seems if he believed in Christ he would be preaching like crazy to a dying world as our time is so short.

The more I think about it I'm leaning more to a oh no. First of all on his myspace page he has posted "An Open Letter From God", an anonymous poem, on his blog from March 11, 2008 that states:..."Every one of your religions claims that there's only one of Me, which, by the way, is absolutely true, but in the very next breath each religion claims that it's My favorite one. And each claims its bible was written personally by Me, and that all of the other bibles are man-made. Oh, Me. How do I ever begin to put a stop to such complicated nonsense?...Which brings Me to My next point about your nonsense. You act like I need you and your religions to stick up for Me or win souls for My sake. Please, don't do Me any favors. I can stand quite well on My own, thank you. I don't need you to defend Me, I don't need constant credit. I just want you to be good to each other..." . I do believe that the Bible was written by God through people, and we are known by our fruit, the only way to God is through His Son Jesus Christ. Nothing this man posts glorifies The Father in Heaven.

Also some things do not make sense in his story. Why would there be people in the tunnel that appear to be from non-Christian religions? I don't think God would want riff raff loitering around in his tunnel! Second of all, why is 'the one cast out' hanging around in Heaven? Satan was cast OUT. I don't think he'd be hangin' out; chillin'. Also, who else has seen God's face and not been stricken with blindness or lived to tell?

And he said, Thou canst not see my face : for there shall no man see me, and live. Exodus 33-20 KJV

He also mentions that "Michael, wanted me to know that He was pleased with the many times He had called on me to do His bidding and that I performed my duties well". He mentions he was raised Catholic. He doesn't say he was saved and he played around with non-Chrisitian religions. Why would God call upon him and be pleased? A man is known by his fruit.

Matt 7:15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

I am going to include this man in my prayers.

Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been thinking about this debate. Lou Famoso has a facebook page. On the info his religion is "life after death experiencer". So I sent him a message and flat out asked him to whom does he serve and if he believes Jesus is God. When I get a reply (if I get a reply) I'll let you know!

That should be interesting, I'm also curious to see his answer.

Upvote 0
S

Swordsmanoffaith

The devil was able to take Jesus and show Him the kingdoms of the world and offer them to Jesus if Jesus would bow down and worship satan.

Satan has a certain amount of power given him/allotted to him by God. I believe that there are men who seek supernatural power apart from God - Freemasons, the occult.

If the man doesn't believe in Jesus and say that Jesus is Lord then we have a right to suspect.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow. I finally got around to reading that story. He either made it all up (in which case he has a very active imagination) or was deceived by demons. There is no way he spoke to Jesus and came back with stuff like this:

Gabriel now tells me that this is His message that I must take back, to let others know that there is little to fear, for the Earth will go on forever, as did all the Planets I had visited. I am to tell the world to look to ORION, and they will know when the new world will come upon them.

I was brought here to go back to tell the others who would be coming after me, that if they would spread the Love they brought with them to the physical world they would know their Creator eagerly awaits them. The Being told me that should I ever have questions of the heart or mind, that He will answer them, if I only look within myself, for that is where He will dwell.

That is so opposite the gospel message it's ridiculous. The earth will go on forever? Jesus clearly said "heaven and earth will pass away". There's nothing in there about accepting Jesus. It's all hippie speak. And since when do we get to choose who we follow after we die? Clearly these are lies from the devil.

And the part about looking to ORION to know when the new world will come upon them really piqued my interest. This sounds like he's being prepared to accept the aliens and their leader (anti Christ) who will come from the Orion star system. (I keep wondering if there's any truth to that planet Niburu rumour.)

Upvote 0
S

Swordsmanoffaith

Wow. I finally got around to reading that story. He either made it all up (in which case he has a very active imagination) or was deceived by demons. There is no way he spoke to Jesus and came back with stuff like this:

Gabriel now tells me that this is His message that I must take back, to let others know that there is little to fear, for the Earth will go on forever, as did all the Planets I had visited. I am to tell the world to look to ORION, and they will know when the new world will come upon them.

I was brought here to go back to tell the others who would be coming after me, that if they would spread the Love they brought with them to the physical world they would know their Creator eagerly awaits them. The Being told me that should I ever have questions of the heart or mind, that He will answer them, if I only look within myself, for that is where He will dwell.

That is so opposite the gospel message it's ridiculous. The earth will go on forever? Jesus clearly said "heaven and earth will pass away". There's nothing in there about accepting Jesus. It's all hippie speak. And since when do we get to choose who we follow after we die? Clearly these are lies from the devil.

And the part about looking to ORION to know when the new world will come upon them really piqued my interest. This sounds like he's being prepared to accept the aliens and their leader (anti Christ) who will come from the Orion star system. (I keep wondering if there's any truth to that planet Niburu rumour.)

Planet earth will not be destroyed but it will be made new - just like after the flood.

Ecc 1:4Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

Psa 116:15Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

Jhn 14:17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Jhn 13:34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Jhn 13:35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Mark 13:31

Luke 21:33

Revelation 20:11
Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.

Revelation 21:1
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away.

Those passages obvious contradict Ecc 1:4, which means either my examples were mistranslated or Ecc 1:4 was mistranslated from the original Hebrew. Given that there is only one verse that says earth will last forever, I would say it's more likely that that verse was incorrectly translated.

The word "forever" in Ecc 1:4 comes from the original Hebrew word "olam" which can also simply mean "a long time" or "through the ages". Alternatively, it is also possible that Ecclesiastes 4:1 could simply mean "there will always be an earth, but not necessarily the same one"

One might argue that when Revelation speaks of a new earth, it means the earth was renewed or refreshed. Yet, when it says there was no place for earth and sky in Rev 20:11, it seems to indicate that they are completely gone.

So I'm sticking by my statement that this earth will not last forever.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psa 116:15Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

Jhn 14:17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Jhn 13:34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Jhn 13:35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Those statements are all true, of course but what he wrote down was not the same message. Rather he was using familiar Biblical phrases to create his own message.

He said to let others know that "there is little to fear". That sounds to me like, "Don't worry about it. Live your life. All is good". If anything Gabriel would tell him to fear the one who has the power to kill both the body and soul, and to go back and let others know that. To repent and turn to Jesus for salvation. That is the message he should be bringing back. Not that there is "little to fear".

And when he says that he is to tell the world to look to ORION??? That is absolutely not a message he would receive from Gabriel. He would instead tell people to look to the message of the Gospel, accept Jesus, look to God and study the Word of God. Not to "look to Orion".

Then he says that if you "spread the love" they would know their creator eagerly awaits them??? Of course we have to spread the love but what does that have to do with the creator eagerly awaiting them? The Bible says that he loves the death of his saints, which means they are coming home. But simply "spreading love" does not a saint make, although this is what Satan wants us to believe. He tells us that we don't need God, we just need love.

And lastly, Jesus never told us to look within ourselves for answers. Yes, he dwells within us, if we accept him, but looking within yourself means leaning on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;" We need to look to the Lord and his word for answers. Not "within ourselves".

I think it's a very subtle and deceptive message in this story.

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lisa Lisa, you said earlier that you thought Jesus is Michael. That is false.

Read Hebrews 1

What does that have to do with the earth not being destroyed? I'm still not convinced that Jesus is not Michael. Nobody has shown proof, so the jury is out on that one.

But, I'm sure that the physical earth will not be destroyed. The system and governments will be destroyed, but not the planet.

There will be a new earth, a new system, a new way of living where there will be enough food for everyone, no sickness, and the lion will lay down with the lamb and everything will be in harmony, the way it was meant to be. That's what the bible says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

Swordsmanoffaith

Those statements are all true, of course but what he wrote down was not the same message. Rather he was using familiar Biblical phrases to create his own message.

He said to let others know that "there is little to fear". That sounds to me like, "Don't worry about it. Live your life. All is good". If anything Gabriel would tell him to fear the one who has the power to kill both the body and soul, and to go back and let others know that. To repent and turn to Jesus for salvation. That is the message he should be bringing back. Not that there is "little to fear".

And when he says that he is to tell the world to look to ORION??? That is absolutely not a message he would receive from Gabriel. He would instead tell people to look to the message of the Gospel, accept Jesus, look to God and study the Word of God. Not to "look to Orion".

Then he says that if you "spread the love" they would know their creator eagerly awaits them??? Of course we have to spread the love but what does that have to do with the creator eagerly awaiting them? The Bible says that he loves the death of his saints, which means they are coming home. But simply "spreading love" does not a saint make, although this is what Satan wants us to believe. He tells us that we don't need God, we just need love.

And lastly, Jesus never told us to look within ourselves for answers. Yes, he dwells within us, if we accept him, but looking within yourself means leaning on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;" We need to look to the Lord and his word for answers. Not "within ourselves".

I think it's a very subtle and deceptive message in this story.

We are told not to fear but have faith, Scripturally and trust in God.

We are also told that there will be signs in the sun, moon and stars.

Listen, I don't know if the story is true or not but the things that you pointed out as being unbiblical are biblical.

Upvote 0
S

Swordsmanoffaith

What does that have to do with the earth not being destroyed? I'm still not convinced that Jesus is not Michael. Nobody has shown proof, so the jury is out on that one.

Hebrews 1

The Son Superior to Angels

1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. 3The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
5For to which of the angels did God ever say,
"You are my Son;

today I have become your Father"? Or again,
"I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son"? 6And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,
"Let all God's angels worship him
." 7In speaking of the angels he says,
"He makes his angels winds,
his servants flames of fire." 8But about the Son he says,
"Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy." 10He also says,
"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.
11They will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment.
12You will roll them up like a robe;
like a garment they will be changed.
But you remain the same,
and your years will never end." 13To which of the angels did God ever say,
"Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet"? 14Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Upvote 0

PintoBean

AlwaysHopeful
Sep 17, 2010
USA
✟15,300.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He replied to my question and this is his answer, "God is my Creator, Jesus is His Son!" I thanked him for his answer. But I tell you to be wary. If this was God then I apologize, but I don't believe it. Also in his story he saw the earth flooded didn't he? God sent the rainbow after the first flood as a promise he will not do it again.

Upvote 0

andross77

Sep 12, 2006
✟17,696.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One thing I would like to know, is why are some christians so quick to judge something as "demonic" if they don't undertstand it?

It's like, if you don't understand it, it must be demons!

That is soooooo ridiculous.

I do understand your OP. I've read Urantia. It's not a mystery. It's not a cool vision God showed one of His children. It's a deception from Satan. Just like Islam, just like Hinduism, just like Buddhism, etc, etc.

I say it's demonic, because it is demonic. You are the one thinking Jesus and Michael the Archangel is the same. Hmmmmm, another lie that is perpetrated in the Urantia book.

Guess who's confused...????

Upvote 0