Satanists not welcome in Oklahoma schools, but are 'welcome to go to hell' says state superintendent

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟71,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have never been able to figure out why atheists get their undies in such a wedgie when Christians put up a display honoring God. Atheists don't believe God exists, so why do they go all "Bill the Cat" about something they don't even believe in to begin with? It makes no sense.

A religion is a formalized manner of worshipping God (or "a" god). Satan is not a god, ergo, the worship of him is not a religion---it's simply a way of mocking and denigrating the Christian religion
Yes, we see it a a counterfeit and rebellion against God, but it is worshipping the devil, it's own bible and even forms and symbols. There are other cases that affirm the rights of after school groups from Satanists. Here is one case, where the school district was sued by Satan's temple. In the end the school district was not only forced to provide the same consideration as other groups but they paid 200,000 in legal fees. School district and The Satanic Temple reach agreement in lawsuit over After School Satan Club No doubt the Oklahoma AG will gain votes but it is a public school and they too are likely to lose in Federal Court if it gets that far. We should be wise and not take their publicity bait.

A good Christian response would be to pray and do spiritual warfare. The battle is not flesh and blood. Even Gamaliel's advice in Acts is quite good. While we have authority over him as Christians in our lives and churches, he is still ruler of the world for whatever brief time is left. There is nothing wrong about a legal pathway but in general even Athiests can have public displays if a city allows Christian displays. The same is generally true for any after school groups.

Gamaliel's Wise Advice Source: If It Is of God, It Will Not Be Overthrown

"Here in our text the apostles of Jesus have been arrested again for preaching in the name of Jesus. Verse 33 says that the council is enraged and ready to kill them. But Gamaliel stood up and gave some very wise advice. In verse 38–39 he says, "I tell you keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this undertaking is of men, it will fail; but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them."

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟71,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is only your opinion. How do you then define "religion" so as to exclude Satanism?
"In interpreting the First Amendment, it is sometimes necessary to define religion. The courts have generally given a very broad definition to the term. Religious beliefs are protected even when they do not conform to the dogma of any particular religion. In fact, a person does not have to belong to an organized group to receive protection for religious beliefs. A person’s beliefs will be recognized as religious even without belief in God (or a supreme being) as long as the beliefs play “the role of a religion and function as a religion” in the person’s life." from Freedom of Religion

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟450,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The free exercise of religion does have limitations. If it causes known harms, like refusing a diabetic child it's medicine from parents, or using illegal drugs in many cases. Thus, Koresh would be protected until it crossed the line to harm. If you go and start choosing what exactly is "good for humanity" then it is a slippery slope. By allowing all religions even the Satanists you assure that Christianity is also free. If you want a Christian nation you would have to change the U.S. Constitution. Never mind there are lots of differences between even the Christian faith.
Hitting the buzzer.

Satanists are not out there doing good.
1. Real sacrifices
2. Other insanely cruel things
3. Polar opposite of doing good.

Slippery slope is believing that everything and every form of some kind of practice is okay for society at large.

I get it - compassion is dead, people are crazier than ever, don’t fix what’s broken.

Indefensible form of worship.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟280,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hitting the buzzer.

1. Real sacrifices

Slippery slope is believing that everything and every form of some kind of practice is okay for society at large.

I get it - compassion is dead, people are crazier than ever, don’t fix what’s broken.

It's an extension of the political idea that all viewpoints are equal. If you're Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Zoroastrian, Satanist, Buddhist, or worship tapioca pudding, then you have to be given equal preference to all the others, because to discriminate against one is to endanger them all.

But this is a fallacy, actually. Suppose somebody decided to start worshipping the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl, and demanded the right to offer human sacrifice. You think the freedom of religion clause would cover that? I don't either.

The problem is not that some religions are more accepted than others, the problem is that nobody has any common sense any more.....they've been exposed to this knee-jerk reaction to "discrimination" for so long that they automatically follow the well-worn ruts that the Left carved out decades ago, without stopping to consider the deeper implications of their "tolerance".

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟71,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hitting the buzzer.

1. Real sacrifices

I'm not defending Satanism, it is abhorrent but so are some that call themselves Christian. If you start by banning Satanists from public facilities, they will level the same arguments against even good Christians. Historically Mormons were banned even run out of many states.

In the end, good works are as filthy rags so anyone outside of of a relationship with Jesus is bad. They pay taxes too so can they use public facilities? I only responded to try and give a legal side of why other groups have access.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟450,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not defending Satanism, it is abhorrent but so are some that call themselves Christian. If you start by banning Satanists from public facilities, they will level the same arguments against even good Christians. Historically Mormons were banned even run out of many states.

In the end, good works are as filthy rags so anyone outside of of a relationship with Jesus is bad. They pay taxes too so can they use public facilities? I only responded to try and give a legal side of why other groups have access.
It has been in more recent times when lines became blurred.

No, not everyone has rights, or cannibals could claim ritual religious rights.

If it is harmful to others, it is not nor should be lawful.
I'm not talking being a meanie, but literally harmful.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
give a legal side of why other groups have access.
For money. This world loves its own, and will deny then permit then deny then permit on a whim.

The assemblies of Jesus' followers have stricter unchangeable RULES to FOLLOW, GIVEN BY GOD HIMSELF.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟450,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Realize the false , the counterfeit, the rebellious, are called true and right and good in this world.
Not only are the satan followers all that and worse,
but the ones causing harm often go under the name of "Christ" , but without substance - in name only.
The Catholic Church is biggest charity worldwide who also created hospitals and schools [hijacked by secular government and for profit agencies]
also adoption agencies. Most countries laws.
Basically anything good came from the ancient Church, despite mankind.

If you consider in name only, do you mean Westboro?
They are a very strident cult.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟250,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The Catholic Church is biggest charity worldwide who also created hospitals and schools [hijacked by secular government and for profit agencies]
also adoption agencies. Most countries laws.
Basically anything good came from the ancient Church, despite mankind.

If you consider in name only, do you mean Westboro?
They are a very strident cult.
The Catholic Church is the most charitable organization on earth. We have done the most good daily compared to anyone who criticize us because we do not agree with their ideology.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums