Dec 8, 2007
✟841,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
A little bit of good news here in Canada; we are starting to see some availability on reloading components. We have had a pretty good availability of powders for a number of months. Projectiles are available, but not always the exact ones that individuals prefer. Primers were spotty and way over priced, however, in the last few weeks, we have been seeing shipments of Campro (Ginex from Bosnia) arriving, mostly small pistol and small rifle, and in the last week, some large rifle and pistol as well. Prices in most stores are < $100.00/1000; I got some small pistol for $85.00/1000.

Since our government lets us have a few firearms to use them in, our community is a bit happier.

We are also seeing more surplus ammo again from Eastern Europe and China, and .22 ammo mostly from Europe, but a bunch of Federal and a bit of CCI is becoming available again. Prices on .22 are 40% -80% higher than pre covid. Comercial CF ammo is still hard to find, pistol ammo is about double or more than it was, but since I reload, this does not affect me at all.

Are things starting to improve elsewhere?

1683368842866.png

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A little bit of good news here in Canada; we are starting to see some availability on reloading components. We have had a pretty good availability of powders for a number of months. Projectiles are available, but not always the exact ones that individuals prefer. Primers were spotty and way over priced, however, in the last few weeks, we have been seeing shipments of Campro (Ginex from Bosnia) arriving, mostly small pistol and small rifle, and in the last week, some large rifle and pistol as well. Prices in most stores are < $100.00/1000; I got some small pistol for $85.00/1000.

Since our government lets us have a few firearms to use them in, our community is a bit happier.

We are also seeing more surplus ammo again from Eastern Europe and China, and .22 ammo mostly from Europe, but a bunch of Federal and a bit of CCI is becoming available again. Prices on .22 are 40% -80% higher than pre covid. Comercial CF ammo is still hard to find, pistol ammo is about double or more than it was, but since I reload, this does not affect me at all.

Are things starting to improve elsewhere?

View attachment 330774

It's improving in the US also but just barely. According to CCI, muzzleloading primers will be in full production over the summer to ready for fall hunting season. I make my own black powder so it's not scarce at all.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is getting better here in the states, primers and powder do not sit long, one has to be quick to grab them. Projectiles are available but still out of line expensive.
Overall getting a lot better availability.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard of a bare minimum of powder and a few more primers on line. There is brass thanks mainly to Starline.
im still using up previous purchases, some older powders.

But hodgdon is a Christian organization. They must be lying to say they are in full production. Unless they are dealing with the government. Then they are lying to us about it.

I took up casting. Anybody know about shooters choice powder. They are available at a decent price. What shoots in a 30-30 and a 45 colt? Sorry it all puts me in a bad mood for a moment. Natchezss got a load.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟841,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have heard of a bare minimum of powder and a few more primers on line. There is brass thanks mainly to Starline.
im still using up previous purchases, some older powders.

But hodgdon is a Christian organization. They must be lying to say they are in full production. Unless they are dealing with the government. Then they are lying to us about it.

I took up casting. Anybody know about shooters choice powder. They are available at a decent price. What shoots in a 30-30 and a 45 colt? Sorry it all puts me in a bad mood for a moment. Natchezss got a load.
Here's one dealer. Keep in mind there is a lot of military and commercial ammo manufacturing orders that are taking priority. While a lot of their powders are made in Florida, there is a whole bunch that is and has always been made here. IMR in particular but others as well. That is why, before the shortage, I was able to buy surplus powder made by IMR, one close to IMR4350 and IMR4895 but not quite the same. Keep in mind looking at the prices, that this is Canadian dollars.

My local dealer actually has a way better selection than this.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟841,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Good show!
I doubt that we will ever be back to what we had known as "normal"; rather the "good-old-days" will be a fond memory. I'm not sure about the US, but in Canada, our Government's aid for Ukraine often takes the form of ammunition, and Government contracts take priority with Strategic goods. I'm a little surprised to see Bosnian made primers again, but am not surprised that we have seen no Sellers and Bellot primers from Czech Republic, and zero surplus Russian ammo (I don't shoot the Moisin much, so I have enough to last more than my lifetime). We also have had a good consistent supply of Privi Partizan bullets and brass from Serbia. Their bullets are certainly not up to Sierra's standards, but they do shoot well enough. Their one exception is there 9.3 JSP semi Spire point 285 gr., but then again, it may be the rifle. PPU ammunition becoming more and more available, maybe even in pre-covid ammounts, but it sells out quick because other factory ammo is rarely seen. Their factory stuff is good, and their brass is excellent for reloading. Below is a photo of one of my 9.3 x 62 285 gr beside a 6.5 x 55 156 gr., both my miliatary M96 and M34 Swedis Mausers live these bullets. My Zastava shoots well with these but not their 120gr JHPBT bullets. Shame, as they were very cheap. I found some Sierra 85 gr for it at a local dealer, and bought all of them; they shoot like a laser at around 3500 fps; perfect ground-hog medicine.

Lots of Hornady bullets around (but they don't seem to shoot any better than the PPU for me, so I don't buy them). Lapua and Berger bullets can be found more and more often. now as well, but prices are high.

It is getting better.
9.3 vs 6.5.jpg

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt that we will ever be back to what we had known as "normal"; rather the "good-old-days" will be a fond memory. I'm not sure about the US, but in Canada, our Government's aid for Ukraine often takes the form of ammunition, and Government contracts take priority with Strategic goods. I'm a little surprised to see Bosnian made primers again, but am not surprised that we have seen no Sellers and Bellot primers from Czech Republic, and zero surplus Russian ammo (I don't shoot the Moisin much, so I have enough to last more than my lifetime). We also have had a good consistent supply of Privi Partizan bullets and brass from Serbia. Their bullets are certainly not up to Sierra's standards, but they do shoot well enough. Their one exception is there 9.3 JSP semi Spire point 285 gr., but then again, it may be the rifle. PPU ammunition becoming more and more available, maybe even in pre-covid ammounts, but it sells out quick because other factory ammo is rarely seen. Their factory stuff is good, and their brass is excellent for reloading. Below is a photo of one of my 9.3 x 62 285 gr beside a 6.5 x 55 156 gr., both my miliatary M96 and M34 Swedis Mausers live these bullets. My Zastava shoots well with these but not their 120gr JHPBT bullets. Shame, as they were very cheap. I found some Sierra 85 gr for it at a local dealer, and bought all of them; they shoot like a laser at around 3500 fps; perfect ground-hog medicine.

Lots of Hornady bullets around (but they don't seem to shoot any better than the PPU for me, so I don't buy them). Lapua and Berger bullets can be found more and more often. now as well, but prices are high.

It is getting better.
View attachment 330815

I haven’t seen what you are having. Bare shop shelves locally. Out of stock on line for what I need. Found one place and then they emptied it. I have not really really been in the market, but I have done extensive searching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums