Regeneration preceeds faith

Does Regeneration preceede faith?

• Yes

• No

• I am not sure.

• Interesting, I'd like to study into this.

• Of course not because I don't believe that.

• No, I can't be wrong after so many years.

Results are only viewable after voting.

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread has gone through a clean up and it is quite possible a further cleaning will take place. If you notice a post of yours missing it was removed in the clean up.

Please note the following Flaming and Harassment rules:

Flaming and Harassment
●
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue. Refrain from insulting, inflammatory, or goading remarks. When you disagree, remember to address the content of the post and not the poster personally.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.
● Stating or implying that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian is not allowed.
● Be considerate and do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
● Respect another member's request to cease personal contact.

You can find those listed within the Christian Forums Rules / Terms of Service

As you can see, it clearly states to treat ALL members with RESPECT and COURTESY through CIVIL dialogue. You are to refrain from using insulting, inflammatory and or Goading remarks to another member..or members. When you disagree with a member you are to address the content of the members post NOT the member personally.

If this continues the thread can and will be closed permanently and those involved may find themselves with staff actions.

~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,496.00
Faith
Christian
Foghorn,

While you note that "has been born of God" in 1JOhn 5:1 is in the perfect tense, the perfect tense only speaks of that which starts at a point in time and continues to the present. It does not specify when that point in time was and thus it cannot be used to prove that regeneration precedes faith.

But if you take verses like Gal 3:26 "You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus", there the order of faith and regeneration is unambiguous. Likewise with John 1:12 "to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—". Thus one does not even receive the right to become a child of God till they believe.

steve amato

Upvote 0