Pro-Palestinian supporters at Columbia University confront Jews ‘to push them out of camp’

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It's so sad you need to say "from democrats" and not "from racists".

It just goes to show you how much more important a man's label is than his character.
Well, in case you didn't know the 1st pic you showed IS from the democrat racist era. Their label WAS their character.....

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟837,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I fail to see how this is antisemitic especially since it is true. Maybe you would like to explain.

From my perspective, it was not all of Jewdom that condemned Jesus. So it can't be "The Jews" that are responsible. Either then or now.

But who cares what my opinion is? It's now federal law (in Title VI) that antisemitism is defined to include:

1. Using the symbols and images associated with classic antisemitism (e.g., claims of Jews killing Jesus or blood libel) to characterize Israel or Israelis.
...although I guess if you read it narrowly, it only applies to criticisms of Israel. But it would be weird if it was not antisemitic to blame ALL Jews, Israeli or not, for the execution of Jesus.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Canada is a huge place. There's no reason for me to cede my house. But I would be MORE Than happy to cede land to them....a LOT of land....a lot of GOOD land.
Uh....how much land did the Native Canadians posses prior to European colonization? 3 guesses......the first 2 don't count....
But.....but.....but according to your position it all belongs to the Native Canadians, right? I mean, you shouldn't have a choice If you really believe what you espouse.
Guess your house would be part of that cession.....that is if you really believe what you say.......

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
From my perspective, it was not all of Jewdom that condemned Jesus.
If you are literally speaking all Jews in Israel or even Jerusalem at the time you are correct. But the majority of the people at the so called trial were Jewish calling for his death. Combined that the Jews, even today, reject Jesus as their Messiah lends credence to that stance.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW, any time you would like to discuss why Indians were treated so harshly by (primarily British) colonists let me know; I got plenty of reference material on that. Some of the material I have is so grossly disgusting it would have to be in a PM instead of a thread.
My (limited) understanding is that the British were fairly respectful in keeping Treaties until The French told indigenous people what a raw deal England had given them, and then there was the Seven-Years War.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Free speech is wonderful. What's happening isn't free speech.

What's happening is that a minority are trying to hold campuses hostage.

They are depriving others of their right to a normal campus environment in which finals can be studied for and taken - that's called disturbing the peace and there's not a city in America where that's not an actual crime listed under the criminal code.

While campuses are bastions of free speech, the intent behind that is to learn, not to disrupt, riot, vandalize, camp out, have catering, and scream dumb slogans taught by designated terrorist organizations over loud speakers all hours.

^^^ free speech

Just thought a reminder was in order as to what it looks like to engage in free speech and debate on a college campus. Used to be a net positive, or at least I thought so.

We have lost any sense of western society now. And I really liked it very much. I think it's time to explore the joys of being a hermit.
I think that they’re “learning”, quite well!
Young people are getting involved with politics in a generation defining moment and these few weeks will determine the Political mainstream for the next fifty years.

Buckle up!

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,126.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Look!

Look at all the Free Speech Absolutists Run and hide!

Scattering like hypocritical tumbleweeds, forgetting that they actually LIKE free speech.

It's....I don't know, almost like they don't LIKE free speech.
Oh don't be silly. There aren't any free.speech absolutists. We all know there are limits on speech.

Whats going on isn't free speech. It's disorderly conduct and trespassing. Yelling and screaming at people, setting up unauthorized encampments and building take overs which disrupt the colleges and other students are not simple free speech campus activities. If you want to march around with signs, hold vigils March through campus fine.

But outside agitators.AND students have been destructive.

Students and outside activists breaking Hamilton Hall doors, mistreating our Public Safety officers and maintenance staff, and damaging property are acts of destruction, not political speech," Shafik said in a statement Wednesday. She added that many students felt unwelcome on campus because of the disruption and antisemitic comments made by some protesters.

At City College, affiliated with City University of New York, officials requested NYPD assistance after the college said students and "un-affiliated external individuals" refused to leave. The school issued a statement saying students have a right to demonstrate peacefully but that police were called in because of "specific and repeated acts of violence and vandalism, not in response to peaceful protest."

Less than two weeks later in California, 20 students were arrested at Pomona College—and some have since been suspended—after masked protesters from the Pomona Divest from Apartheid coalition stormed the president’s office and allegedly hurled a racial slur at an administrator.

Most of the protests.have been peaceful. The the take over of campus clgrounds.ans buildings is trespassing. And trespassers should be removed and arrested.

The other part of this is the foolishness of it all. What do they think they are really going to.accomplish with this? Is Israel going to stand down because of a bunch of kids locking themselves in a building and stopping classes? Is the US going to stop supporting Israel? The demands of these kids are for the campuses to divest from.Israel. is there some huge thing these campuses are doing for Israel. Is Israel funding them? What exactly do they think these campuses.are doing? The stupidity of these students is remarkable.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,126.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,126.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think that they’re “learning”, quite well!
Young people are getting involved with politics in a generation defining moment and these few weeks will determine the Political mainstream for the next fifty years.

Buckle up!
Defining moment? What defining moment? Israel is in.a regional war with a terrorist organization. What, is Israel going to stop because some kids took over a campus building?

These are nothing but a bunch of outside agitators and left wing students making it difficult for all the other kids who.just want to.learn. Do they.think.all these campuses are somehow up to their eyeballs in Isreali Zionism and research?

This has got to be some of the dumbest groups of kids. Probably just a bunch of rich kids trying feel relevant. Instead it's a wasted unless effort.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Defining moment? What defining moment? Israel is in.a regional war with a terrorist organization. What, is Israel going to stop because some kids took over a campus building?
Nobody knew where “the lines” were (quite so well), as after Israel got revenge in-kind 20 fold over and hadn’t stopped.
We all agree that what is going on over in Israel is wrong.
The ”why’s” are “the front”, the lines are being drawn.

These are nothing but a bunch of outside agitators and left wing students making it difficult for all the other kids who.just want to.learn. Do they.think.all these campuses are somehow up to their eyeballs in Isreali Zionism and research?
“Some, I suppose, are ‘good people’”?
Why is it all of a sudden, when young adults demand to have a say in things, it’s “outside agitators”?
Please formulate a more realistic political philosophy than could’ve been heard in Alabama 70 years ago.

This has got to be some of the dumbest groups of kids. Probably just a bunch of rich kids trying feel relevant. Instead it's a wasted unless effort.
”True terror is waking up and having your high school class running the country.” —Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I have faith in the kids to “do the right thing”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My (limited) understanding is that the British were fairly respectful in keeping Treaties until The French told indigenous people what a raw deal England had given them, and then there was the Seven-Years War.
We would need a lot more space than here as well as a new thread to discuss the causes of the French and Indian War. Very short version: It was over land.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟837,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Combined that the Jews, even today, reject Jesus as their Messiah lends credence to that stance.
"The Jews" today have no connection to the arrest and trial of Jesus. The fact that they aren't Christian doesn't lend credence to anything.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Police officers involved in clearing out protesters at a New York City college campus are sharing signs recovered from the scene bearing terrorist slogans.

New York Police Department officers broke up an "illegal encampment" at New York University on Friday, with cleaning crews called in to remove tents and sweep away the belongings of the protesters.

NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Operations Kaz Daughtry shared various photos of "inflammatory literature and signage" found at the protest.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟837,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The demands of these kids are for the campuses to divest from.Israel. is there some huge thing these campuses are doing for Israel.

Students protested over apartheid, and campuses did divest from South Africa.

Whether that had any significant impact on South Africa is arguable. But I think from an ethical standpoint, it's a victory to stop your institution from seeking increased shareholder equity at the cost of a great injustice. Similarly here.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟204,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's too bad that Jewish people are so uncomfortable with the idea that the people whose land was stolen and whose land CONTINUES to be stolen, have chants that indicate they want their land back.
Ah, so you want from the river to the sea, Israel destroyed.....
It must be really hard to be getting all the land while killing Gazan children, to have to ..hear those words being said.
Getting all the land? Israel was attacked, and took the land in war. Just like all others have done before them.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"The Jews" today have no connection to the arrest and trial of Jesus
No one is claiming they do. It could be looked at as 'hereditary sin"; descendants suffering for the sins of the father. We don't live in the Garden of Eden because of the sin of Adam and Eve even though we are not directly blamed for it. The Bible has several verses on the sins of the father being visited upon the son for numerous generations. 24 Bible verses about Sins Of The Fathers
The fact that they aren't Christian doesn't lend credence to anything.
Jesus was specifically Israel's Messiah and secondarily the savior (thru Israel) to the rest of the world.
New King James Version
But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Their rejection of Him as the Anointed One caused them the loss of their temple, their ancestral homeland and dispersion into the world for 2000 years.
The meaning of Christ is drawn from the Old Testament. God promised the ancient Israelites that a Messiah would come to deliver them from sin. The idea of the Messiah is carried over into the New Testament with the title Christ. The Greek word Christos, from which we get the English word Christ, is the translation of the Hebrew term Mashiach, which is the source for the English word Messiah. Mashiach, in turn, is related to the Hebrew verb masach, which means "to anoint." Therefore, when the New Testament speaks of Jesus Christ, it is saying "Jesus the Messiah," which literally means, "Jesus the Anointed One." Jesus Christ, Anointed One by R.C. Sproul

And remember, most of the very early church were Jewish Christians.
Jewish Christians were the followers of a Jewish religious sect that emerged in Judea during the late Second Temple period (first century AD). These Jews believed that Jesus was the prophesied Messiah and they continued their adherence to Jewish law. Jewish Christianity is the foundation of Early Christianity, which later developed into Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Christianity started with Jewish eschatological expectations, and it developed into the worship of Jesus as the result of his earthly ministry, his crucifixion, and the post-crucifixion experiences of his followers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Christianity

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Students protested over apartheid, and campuses did divest from South Africa.
But not because of student protests but from the over whelming pressure of virtually every country in the world.
it's a victory to stop your institution from seeking increased shareholder equity at the cost of a great injustice. Similarly here.
Maybe you can explain what that 'great injustice' is?

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟837,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
No one is claiming they do. It could be looked at as 'hereditary sin"; descendants suffering for the sins of the father.
Suggesting "the Jews" bear collective guilt for something is quite obviously antisemitic.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Suggesting "the Jews" bear collective guilt for something is quite obviously antisemitic.
Not according to God; I quoted His position not mine. I would guess the sins of the father passed onto the sons may have been to help fathers walk a Godly path so there would be no sins for their sons to bear.....but that is my opinion.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟307,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No one is claiming they do. It could be looked at as 'hereditary sin"; descendants suffering for the sins of the father. We don't live in the Garden of Eden because of the sin of Adam and Eve even though we are not directly blamed for it. The Bible has several verses on the sins of the father being visited upon the son for numerous generations. 24 Bible verses about Sins Of The Fathers
There is someone in another thread who needs this explained to him. He seems to think that collective blame for the misdeeds of your ancestors is "wokeness", when it is very obviously Jewish/Christian. It is still abhorrent.
Jesus was specifically Israel's Messiah and secondarily the savior (thru Israel) to the rest of the world.
New King James Version
But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Their rejection of Him as the Anointed One caused them the loss of their temple, their ancestral homeland and dispersion into the world for 2000 years.
The meaning of Christ is drawn from the Old Testament. God promised the ancient Israelites that a Messiah would come to deliver them from sin. The idea of the Messiah is carried over into the New Testament with the title Christ. The Greek word Christos, from which we get the English word Christ, is the translation of the Hebrew term Mashiach, which is the source for the English word Messiah. Mashiach, in turn, is related to the Hebrew verb masach, which means "to anoint." Therefore, when the New Testament speaks of Jesus Christ, it is saying "Jesus the Messiah," which literally means, "Jesus the Anointed One." Jesus Christ, Anointed One by R.C. Sproul
That is of course what you Christians believe, but it is very clearly not what Jews believe. They don't buy the claim you are making. They don't believe those are authentic teachings from God.
And remember, most of the very early church were Jewish Christians.
Jewish Christians were the followers of a Jewish religious sect that emerged in Judea during the late Second Temple period (first century AD). These Jews believed that Jesus was the prophesied Messiah and they continued their adherence to Jewish law. Jewish Christianity is the foundation of Early Christianity, which later developed into Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Christianity started with Jewish eschatological expectations, and it developed into the worship of Jesus as the result of his earthly ministry, his crucifixion, and the post-crucifixion experiences of his followers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Christianity
This doesn't change the fact that the primary cause of believing that Jesus is the messiah is having parents who believe that Jesus is the messiah and the primary cause of not believing that Jesus is the messiah is having parents who don't believe that.

Upvote 0