Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟41,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had a conversation with a coworker about how my voice sounds at work an t honestly rubbed me the wrong way. I've been told that my customer service voice sounds like a Disney princess but honestly i take it as an insult. The more irritated i actually am the more try to hide it and thus sound fake or as a man the other day said" anyone ever tell you you have the voice of a child?" I feel like the more i try to be a better person it just explodes in my face and i end up looking or feeling ridiculous. I've been really depressed lately and anxious but I'm constantly surrounded by non Christians so i feel like i have to hide it but then they think I'm cheerful as can be and that makes me more depressed. Anyone can relate? Please pray for me.

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟15,322.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I had a conversation with a coworker about how my voice sounds at work an t honestly rubbed me the wrong way. I've been told that my customer service voice sounds like a Disney princess but honestly i take it as an insult. The more irritated i actually am the more try to hide it and thus sound fake or as a man the other day said" anyone ever tell you you have the voice of a child?" I feel like the more i try to be a better person it just explodes in my face and i end up looking or feeling ridiculous. I've been really depressed lately and anxious but I'm constantly surrounded by non Christians so i feel like i have to hide it but then they think I'm cheerful as can be and that makes me more depressed. Anyone can relate? Please pray for me.
Never hide who you are, be yourself! it is hard to be a christian on a sea of unbelievers, I know the feeling. but you must remain true.

Remember that Jesus said mat 28:20;

teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” Amen.

You are not alone, shine your light to the world, do not hide it!

Blessings

Upvote 0

jess09

Apr 10, 2024
Arizona
✟5,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m really sorry you’re going through this at your workplace. I can definitely relate to the feelings that come with being surrounded by nonbelievers. It is very lonely and depressing and it must be difficult feeling criticized about your voice when it’s such a main part of doing your job. There are so many opinions out there and if a couple people think you sound this way or that way, others may think you have a beautiful and unique voice. Praying for your peace :praying:

Upvote 0