OOC: A Grain of Sand (GOODIES AND BADDIES NEEDED) (5)

Locket

Speak softly and carry a BIG STICK
Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Ok, had they cut out all the Padme junk, I would love love love Episode 3. So deliciously evil. Palpatine was awesome.

I only saw Spiderman 3 once. Venom creeped me out, but that dance scene was so bad I tried to repress the entire movie.

Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They transformed the Venom character into a monster that transforms all people into whining spider-men, who can enjoy emo music, have the trademark, one eye hair swoop, and pelvic thrust everything of the opposite sex while walking down the street. If that doesn't ruin everything you liked about Spider-Man, nothing will. Venom was scary in the way they animated him, but his behavior was just silly.
Then, for no apparent reason, they monkeyed with the Spider-Man introduction story, and introduced a secondary villain who's concept was almost as ridiculous as his costume. Almost.

All in all? It almost turned me off from Spider-Man. (But I'm biased, emo hair is a vendetta of mine). Oh, on that note, they're making a Spider-Man Musical. Composed by U2. Yep. I'm scared.

Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I never said I don't like Mulan. I actually like it better than Pocahontas. And now that I think about it, I didn't like P a lot, but I did like that Paint With All the Colors of the Wind number. I LOVED the way the animators did her hair! And Mel Gibson singing?! Astoundingly hilarious! So, yeah, while it's not a great cinematic art piece, I did enjoy Pocahontas.

Mulan? How can you NOT love it?! Eddie Murphy was wonderful, as was Ming Na. Loved the I'll Make A Man Out of You number. All in all, the story was WAY better than Pocahontas, which yeah, was a total fabrication. Not at all historically accurate. Which brings me to another Mel Gibson project. Braveheart? Stirling? WHERE was the bridge?!

Upvote 0

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
YouTube - I'll Make a Man Out of You (Mandarin Version)

So. On the note of Palpatine, did anyone else notice in Ep 2 and 3 how Anakin and Palapatine walked together? Palpatine with his hands against his torso, and Anakin with his arms folded behind his back? Remind you of our favorite black-cloaked villains in the earlier movies? I LOVED little nuances like that. :D THAT was a role that was perfectly cast.

Anyone else think Ewan McGregor should've sung in Star Wars? I mean come on, the ORder's collapsing, the Republic just became an Empire... can't we have one scene of him in a karaoke bar singing the blues?

Mel Gibson singing? I need to look this song up, apparently.

I think MD was directing the repression bit at Lock, man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K9Guardian

I live to protect the flock...
May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was just relating the conversation to a friend last night. When I got to the topic of Ewoks, my friend started chanting "Star cruiser crash, Star cruiser crash" , and then he got up, stood on his head, and fell over onto his back. :| :D

Upvote 0

Locket

Speak softly and carry a BIG STICK
Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I never said I don't like Mulan. I actually like it better than Pocahontas. And now that I think about it, I didn't like P a lot, but I did like that Paint With All the Colors of the Wind number. I LOVED the way the animators did her hair! And Mel Gibson singing?! Astoundingly hilarious! So, yeah, while it's not a great cinematic art piece, I did enjoy Pocahontas.

Mulan? How can you NOT love it?! Eddie Murphy was wonderful, as was Ming Na. Loved the I'll Make A Man Out of You number. All in all, the story was WAY better than Pocahontas, which yeah, was a total fabrication. Not at all historically accurate. Which brings me to another Mel Gibson project. Braveheart? Stirling? WHERE was the bridge?!

Mel Gibson is in Pocahontas? I've only seen that movie once.

Repression is bad for you. Gaze upon the nightmare, and overcome it.

Some experiences only need to happen once. Like tango lessons.

Anyone else think Ewan McGregor should've sung in Star Wars? I mean come on, the ORder's collapsing, the Republic just became an Empire... can't we have one scene of him in a karaoke bar singing the blues?

Goodness no. We've already got a horrible love plot. We don't need this thing turned into a musical.

To speak of nuances, in the Phantom Menace, did anyone else catch that when Yoda talks about Anakin's future to Obi-wan at the end, Vader's theme music plays in the background?

The real Vader theme? Are you sure? I thought the first time it played was when he slaughtered the Tusken Raiders.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
can I please join this RP

Hi Seathen, hope you're enjoying your time on CF!

I feel like you might not have gotten a proper response last time, though if you go back four pages you'll notice that Dramaking did lay out a few ground rules. If what he says seems kinda harsh, sorry. But what he says is pretty much true.

We enjoy helping out new RP'ers, and we want to see the RPG section grow again. However, this RPG is very far in its development and has many deep plotlines. It is also run by a group of very dedicated and skilled (yay *toot* goes the horn) writers who enjoy improving the quality of their own and others work. So it's a great place to learn, but there's also a lot of expectations that come with it.

In order to join, you'll have to get approval from our GM, who is not around that often. However, she is almost guaranteed to approve you if you are willing to put forth a little (maybe a lot) effort. Here's what you need: A character post that describes in detail the background, characteristics, and explanation of the character. As a first character at this point in the game, it should probably be at least 300 or so words long with most of that focusing on back story and physical description. Nothing too big, but still detail oriented.

After that, you'll probably get in. Once you're in, you have to be willing to keep up (real easy, this is a slow RPG) and post relevant, logical, and detailed responses for what your character is doing. No one-liners.

I'm curious, what about A Grain of Sand interests you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

K9Guardian

I live to protect the flock...
May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get the feeling we omehow intimidate the newbies. It probably has something to do with too many people jumping in to help at once, plus too manny questions and admonitions aat once. Maybe we should informally leet one person lead at a time? Just making inferences aloud.

Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Or maybe we need to vet these people to each of our satisfactions. I REFUSE to have another SSC incident as we had in the Consi. I have worked too hard to keep this thing going, as have we all, to have a debacle like that occur again.

So, Seathen? If you are serious about rp'ing with some OUTSTANDING writers with awesome capacities for plot writing, creativity and character development then I'd suggest you get ready to be vetted almost as badly as a potential Supreme Court appointee. We won't make your significant other cry or anything, but we WILL ensure you are serious about putting in some real effort to keep up with the quality we put into this.

I kid you not, we have put YEARS into this, and it is important to us. It can be great fun to have new people join, IF they are ready to actually write. I'm sorry if this seems harsh. I just read the last few pages of The Consi and my blood is up a little. Sam can vouch for that. So, if this doesn't scare you away then perhaps you have what it takes to write in this epic that is A Grain of Sand. Do I sound arrogant? I don't mean to, it's just that these people I've written with for years and this story we've plotted for years means that much to me.

Dave? I STILL have that speech of Jace's ready to go. Just waiting for the right moment.

Seathen? The speech I'm talking about is where Jace declares his love for Mina and I've had it in a folder for two years this month. About two and a half months has passed in the story thread. It took us about 3 years to write that much. If THAT doesn't tell you how much we put into this, I don't know what will. Still interested?

Upvote 0