OOC: A Grain of Sand (GOODIES AND BADDIES NEEDED) (5)

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was wondering if I could join this RP

I'm going to jump ahead and say what I think they're going to say.
You're going to be welcome to join, but we're going to warn you about our really picky character styles, and how Christia is a really complicated world with set orders. We'd love to help you adjust to the situation, but it takes some getting used to. So, that's the deal, from what we say to almost everybody who wants to join. There's other little things, but that's the gist.

Upvote 0

Locket

Speak softly and carry a BIG STICK
Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever gone back and watched Bambi recently though? I did and I wondered why I ever liked it. There's actually very little talking, just a lot of trees and nature and stuff, and some of those scenes are downright creepy. Mulan, on the other hand, is stinkin' hilarious.

Upvote 0

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever gone back and watched Bambi recently though? I did and I wondered why I ever liked it. There's actually very little talking, just a lot of trees and nature and stuff, and some of those scenes are downright creepy. Mulan, on the other hand, is stinkin' hilarious.

AMEN! It's taken a long time for me to remember why I could never sit through a full showing of Bambi, but Mulan was fun! Now, I've gotta say, I really preferred Alladin. Because, frankly, Robin Williams is amazing.

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

I live to protect the flock...
May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i haven't watched Bambi recently, but I'll have to say I liked it as a kid. :sorry: I liked the nature scenes, and especially the action stuff. Right now, the movie that sticks out most to me is the Lion King II... i liked the characters.

it was Star Wars I thought was boring. All talk and no move, except at the end. It wasn't till i was getting into my teens that I started to like it.

Upvote 0

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i haven't watched Bambi recently, but I'll have to say I liked it as a kid. :sorry: I liked the nature scenes, and especially the action stuff. Right now, the movie that sticks out most to me is the Lion King II... i liked the characters.

it was Star Wars I thought was boring. All talk and no move, except at the end. It wasn't till i was getting into my teens that I started to like it.

Man, I LOVED Star Wars as a kid. I still remember me, at about five, sitting in front of the TV watching an 80's VHS tape of "A New Hope", terrified of Darth Vader, and still loving every minute of it. Aladdin was the first movie I loved though. I remember Mom found the VHS of it in a trashcan in our old neighborhood. Good times. Good times.

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The first time I ever saw Star Wars was during Christmas. The TV was on, and it was the saber duel from the Empire Strikes back. I was enamored of that scene. I liked the way the sabers glowed and crossed, trying to picture how lasers could be solid objects and the pressure they exerted against each other. Luke was obviously the young dog and scared of Vader, and e wasn't any match for Vader either. I'm not ssure if I really wanted Luke to win... Vader seemed a dark and powerful force, I didn't want the struggle to end too soon.

But BOOKs were my thing. i was the kind of kid that went off in corners to read while everyone else sat around clamoring. By the time i left elementary school, I had gone through most of the books in the library.

Upvote 0

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now I remember why I like you guys. ... Except MD. Almost every person I talk to liked the Disney classics like aforementioned Mulan and Aladin, Lion King, etc. Star Wars is also what I freaking grew up on. >.>

...On that note, is it bad that the way Anakin was handled in the prequels leaves me feeling a very personal embitterment towards Lucas for the blow it dealt to the greatest villain of my childhood?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Personally, for me, it's a toss up between Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Dumbo. Beauty and the Beast treated the story well, and I personally liked the changes they made to the original. Aladdin, as has already been mentioned, is hilarious and has a good story to boot. Dumbo, while short, has a bunch of funny scenes, and I love the songs in that one.

As for Star Wars, the new ones just can't compare to the old ones. The acting, I think, was better in the old ones. The special effects, while technically better in the new ones, looked more real in the old ones. They were not computerized, as much, and as such, they looked more natural, more real.
That's my opinion, take it or leave it. Personally, though, I like the Sky One adaptations of Terry Pratchett's books. Check them out on youtube, if you feel like it.

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean, you don't like me, Dave? Well I suppose I can appreciate your honesty, if that's the case...

I never watched the prequels, other than YouTubes of the saber duels when Light and I got into sparring with them. I started to read the script to Phantom Menace and couldn't get past the first encounter with Jar Jar Binks. :( Horrible. I also heard that Anakin had to blow up a city just to get a girl's attention... :sigh:

Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dave, I have to agree with you on disliking, nay, despising Anakin. I feel more for Darth Vader than I ever did for Anakin, he was a spoiled brat who needed a swift kick in the pants and Obi Wan's biggest mistake was delivering it too late.

Shadow, Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite of all Disney films, with Sleeping Beauty running a close second. B&B is high on my list of all time favorite films though, of any genre. It truly is a masterpiece. I enjoy nearly ALL the Disney animated movies, but those of the most recent production leave me cold. The last one I can honestly say I liked a lot was Pocahontas. LOVE The Lion King and Aladdin and Little Mermaid, but except for B&B my faves are the classics from Walt Disney's reign. Fantasia is a fave, as is Snow White and Cinderella. Wow, I'm running off at the fingers... better quit.

Upvote 0

Locket

Speak softly and carry a BIG STICK
Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Lion King II? Really? With Kovu and all them? Bleck. And it's alright about Bambi ;) I liked it as a kid too, even if a lot of the scenes did creep me out. I just don't like it NOW.

Now I remember why I like you guys. ...

...On that note, is it bad that the way Anakin was handled in the prequels leaves me feeling a very personal embitterment towards Lucas for the blow it dealt to the greatest villain of my childhood?

O_O You forgot?

No, no, I'm there with you. Whiny little... I was TICKED OFF when I came out of the new Star Trek movie. I'd never seen anything Trek before and the new movie blew my mind. THAT was how the prequels should have been.

I started to read the script to Phantom Menace and couldn't get past the first encounter with Jar Jar Binks. :( Horrible. I also heard that Anakin had to blow up a city just to get a girl's attention... :sigh:

^_^ As a middle-schooler girl, I loved Jar-Jar. And I think you heard wrong on the city because I don't remember that at ALL. Tusken Raider village to save his mother, yes. But no city for a girl.

The best three Disney movies (in no particular order) are Lion King, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast. Belle is my favorite princess with Beast as the sweetest stinkin' guy there ever was, Aladdin is hilarious, and Lion King is just the classic of all classics, even if it made me cry as a kid. I had to watch it numerous times before I could even stay in the room for the Mufasa death scene. It's very hard for a five year old Daddy's girl.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Personally, for me, it's a toss up between Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Dumbo. Beauty and the Beast treated the story well, and I personally liked the changes they made to the original. Aladdin, as has already been mentioned, is hilarious and has a good story to boot. Dumbo, while short, has a bunch of funny scenes, and I love the songs in that one.

As for Star Wars, the new ones just can't compare to the old ones. The acting, I think, was better in the old ones. The special effects, while technically better in the new ones, looked more real in the old ones. They were not computerized, as much, and as such, they looked more natural, more real.
That's my opinion, take it or leave it. Personally, though, I like the Sky One adaptations of Terry Pratchett's books. Check them out on youtube, if you feel like it.

I agree with you on the special affects. The prequels looked TOO good. ...Can't say I agree with the Dumbo bit, though. >.> I dunno, I just never liked it. Pink elephants... *shudder*

You mean, you don't like me, Dave? Well I suppose I can appreciate your honesty, if that's the case...

I never watched the prequels, other than YouTubes of the saber duels when Light and I got into sparring with them. I started to read the script to Phantom Menace and couldn't get past the first encounter with Jar Jar Binks. :( Horrible. I also heard that Anakin had to blow up a city just to get a girl's attention... :sigh:

I find myself in extreme disagreement with your tastes, is what I meant.:p

Really? Jar Jar Binks was the WORST thing for you? I liked Jar Jar, honestly. And he's really only around for one movie; the rest, he stays pretty much out of the way. Why, can Star Wars not be silly? How'd you react to the bloody Ewoks?

It was Anakin and Padme in Lucas' terrible attempt at writing romance that made the prequels hard to swallow. Other than that, I still liked them (and own a copy of each). Heck, went to see Episode 3 on the midnight premier with my mom.

Dave, I have to agree with you on disliking, nay, despising Anakin. I feel more for Darth Vader than I ever did for Anakin, he was a spoiled brat who needed a swift kick in the pants and Obi Wan's biggest mistake was delivering it too late.

Shadow, Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite of all Disney films, with Sleeping Beauty running a close second. B&B is high on my list of all time favorite films though, of any genre. It truly is a masterpiece. I enjoy nearly ALL the Disney animated movies, but those of the most recent production leave me cold. The last one I can honestly say I liked a lot was Pocahontas. LOVE The Lion King and Aladdin and Little Mermaid, but except for B&B my faves are the classics from Walt Disney's reign. Fantasia is a fave, as is Snow White and Cinderella. Wow, I'm running off at the fingers... better quit.

Yeah, but I think "NO ARMS/LEGS/SKIN FOR YOU!" remedied the delayed kick in the pants. ^_^ I would've liked watching him become a crispy critter if it weren't for how... very graphic the scene was. :( Almost felt sorry for him. Definitely would have if he weren't roaring that he hated Obi Wan.

Pocahontas? Eh... as a history student, I really wouldn't be able to let myself like that movie. ...If I had back when I was a kid, that is. I dunno; never liked that movie. None of the musical numbers did it for me, the characters all seemed painfully flat, and it just... didn't appeal to me. I didn't get an emotional reaction from anything like I did other movies.

I'm still surprised that you didn't like Mulan much. That's actually among my favorites. Say, anyone in here happen to be a fan of both Mulan and Jackie Chan, by chance?
Jar-Jar took the Star Wars out and put in a cartoon. :p I liked it for its depth, and Jar-Jar was totally out of context. Put him back in the Muppets where he belongs! :p

See above. What, Star Wars can't be silly too? How'd you feel about the Ewoks, man? Sentient, aboriginal teddy bears. No, no, say it with me. SENTIENT. ABORIGINAL. TEDDY BEARS. Sentient aboriginal teddy bears that spawned TWO MORE MOVIES and a Christmas special!

Upvote 0

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Aaaah Ewoks. I remember those movies well. And the Christmas Special. Nothing like blatantly cashing in on Western Culture's love for cuddling bears. And exploited minorities. :D They're adorable. Yeah, Jar-Jar was just ridiculous, which was fine by me, but Anakin had the emotional realism of...well...a twenty year old emo kid. Which leads us to the topic of Spider-Man 3...

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's good that it's just an issue of taste, Dave. :)

I didn't even remember the Ewoks. :p They probably were kind of cute. But I was more drawn to the heavy themes... Luke's relationship to Yoda, Kenobi, and Leia and the fight against Palpatine, et cetera. Binks was just a wierd thing that threatened to give Jedi Knights kiisses. Ew. And I'm not dissing the Muppets, just saying they're better suited for Jar Jar. :p

I watched Peter Pan and the Jungle Book a lot, but I think J.M. barrie and rudyard Kipling's originals take the cake. I liked Bagheera especially.

Upvote 0