Making tracts?

Would you like to see alternative tracts?

• Yes! We need more types of tracts to use.

• No, there's plenty out there already.

• Yes, but not from some weirdo like you.

• I'd have to see samples to decide.

Results are only viewable after voting.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, it occurs to me: I can write, my wife can draw, and there seems to be a real market for Christian tracts that are, perhaps, less laden with additional baggage than Chick tracts.

What kind of interest do people have in such things? I'm thinking of something similar in type to Chick tracts, only more focused on the kinds of virtues I always thought Christianity was about - love, acceptance, and forgiveness. Less focus on all the horrible and bad things we hate, and more on the things we like.

I'd probably be unable to do them for prices as low as Chick sells his for, but I haven't really investigated this yet.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
I use lots of tracts! I have a tract ministry. Yes I am always will to see new tracts that present the Gospel accurately and have a strong positive salvation message.

Specially if they are in the style of the chick comic booklet. I use the positive because they are absolutely irresistable.

I used to strongly object to the trick or treaters of hallowen. Now each year I look forward to thier arrival, becuae inside each carefully prepared candy sack is a comic tract for young children.

These tracts not only reach that child and thier parents but I discovered many of them make thier way to the schools where even more are exposed to the Gospel.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm trying to write a tract for members of Aleph. My work on it has been delayed since my writing computer's 3 1/2 floppy drive broke more than a month ago (I'm borrowing my sister's computer to go online)However when I get my own computer again I will finish work on it and post it online if I can find a host.
My preliminary title is "Malicious desires deleted???" The story behind that: Aleph promises that people who wear its electric shock hat and worship its guru will have their "malicious desires deleted."
In the tract I'm trying to show the futility of that false approach and state the only way anyone can have victory over sin-faith in Jesus Christ alone. :)
(And no, I'm not wanting to single out or discriminate against the Japanese. This is simply my future ministry. However if this post offends you do not hesitate to delete it :) )

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I find that what works best to open doors are tracts with a single, short passage of scripture, with an explanation of how it applies to everyday life. It helps people see that the Bible isn't just an ancient, obsolete book.

Verses on finances, lying, marriage, children, business, etc, are very well accepted, and often the person will come back for more. Eventually, they will want a whole Bible.

Upvote 0

Thunderchild

Sheep in Wolf's clothing
Jan 5, 2002
Adelaide
Visit site
✟3,180.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Is a tract general, or is it aimed at specific age - social - whatever - groups? Do such things merely depict Bible passages, or do they illustrate what Christianity's aims are? If you can persuade people to actually accept them, what makes those people actually want to read them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually there are other, BETTER tract makers than Jack Chick, btw.
Check out the American Tract Society for one that makes many good tracts as far as I've seen. You might also want to check out the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
:)

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's good. I don't use Chick at all, and I'm very selective with the Fellowship Tract Society (although they have one or two I like) because I'm not a KJV onlyist (nor do I share some of Chick's other personal convictions) and to use materials I personally disagree with would be intellectually dishonest. :)
I remembered another one I like, that my church gets tracts from: Good News Publishers. I like their tract booklet called "Salvation." :) look it up sometime.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
YES Susan! Thanks, but the truth is I have used all the tracts you mentioned and love them all. I am very familiar with the Campus Crusade for Christ materials.

Last year I used a lot of stuff from Good News Publishers, though I have ordered nothing so far this year.

For the record I am very far from a KJV onlyist. In most of my writings, I will use as amny as 15 different translations.

I am not Catholic either, but I find the New Jerusalem Bible to be very poetic and there is some real beauty in many passages.

May I reccmend the CSV to you? The Christian Standard Bible. It is a Holman Bible and only available in the New testament so far but the old testament is due out sometime this year or early next year. I guarantee you will fall in love with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll do that. I read the KJV, NKJV, and NASB now, and occasionally a paraphrase to see what different people have said on a passage.
BTW I have no problem with people who prefer to read or want to read the KJV, only the people who use the KJV as an excuse to claim higher spirituality or look down their noses at other Christians. Those are the people I call "KJV onlyists."

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Gerry
Still waiting to see samples.

Sorry, life's been really busy recently. I'm still hoping to experiment with doing a couple of tracts, but this depends in part on my wife's schedule, since she'd be the one doing the art.

Upvote 0