Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Pounded at an event in Kansas.

Joe Biden effigy hit and kicked at Republican event

A karate school decided that would be appropriate.

Former Kansas gop head said it was shameful to occur at an official event (difficult to say who put it on; leads line says no state involvement t but thr Twitter post said it was joint with the county.

I just find it weird because Biden is about the most bland vanilla president you could paper mache together. The fact that he elicits that reaction from people reflects more on them than on him.

Last edited:

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pounded at an event in Kansas. The event was not a state sanctioned event by the state gop.

Former Kansas gop head said it was shameful to occur at an official event (difficult to say who put it on; leads line says no state involvement t but thr Twitter post said it was joint with the county.

I just find it weird because Biden is about the most bland vanilla president you could paper mache together. The fact that he elicits that reaction from people reflects more on them than on him.
This is the same reason why the riots took place on January 6th, 2021. The extreme right has become unhinged. One could say the same for the extreme left. Regular, middle-of-the-road Republicans would never condone this, just as middle-of-the-road Democrats would never condone punching a Trump Pinata.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟30,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pounded at an event in Kansas. The event was not a state sanctioned event by the state gop.

I'm 70 and was a republican my entire life - until early in Dubya's second term. Ever since then, my eyes have been opened to us being "ruled" by the uniparty. The two parties are just playing "good cop, bad cop" with us. I see them as the evil party and the stupid party, the latter being the R's.

I stopped playing their game a long time ago. I see the writing on the wall and where we've been headed ever since Nixon separated the dollar from Gold. I expected it to unravel a lot faster, but unravelling it is, and the end is near, no matter who you vote for or who the voters select. We're in for "interesting" times.

Jesus is the answer. He told us about this a very long time ago. And what does the bible say over 300 times? Be not afraid.

2024 is going to be one for the history books, like 1939. And 2025 will be more so, like 1940-1945. And I'm speaking internationally. The US is only part of the equation. And speaking of the US, in the political environment as it currently sits, how do you think the losing side will respond in November? And will the political environment get better or worse between now and then?

Like I said, interesting times...

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 70 and was a republican my entire life - until early in Dubya's second term. Ever since then, my eyes have been opened to us being "ruled" by the uniparty. The two parties are just playing "good cop, bad cop" with us. I see them as the evil party and the stupid party, the latter being the R's.

I stopped playing their game a long time ago. I see the writing on the wall and where we've been headed ever since Nixon separated the dollar from Gold. I expected it to unravel a lot faster, but unravelling it is, and the end is near, no matter who you vote for or who the voters select. We're in for "interesting" times.

Jesus is the answer. He told us about this a very long time ago. And what does the bible say over 300 times? Be not afraid.

2024 is going to be one for the history books, like 1939. And 2025 will be more so, like 1940-1945. And I'm speaking internationally. The US is only part of the equation. And speaking of the US, in the political environment as it currently sits, how do you think the losing side will respond in November? And will the political environment get better or worse between now and then?

Like I said, interesting times...
My parents and I might go overseas during the election and vote early by mail, to escape the chaos in the country for a few weeks. We tend to vote for people in the middle, somewhat center left, and Biden was the choice in 2020. If Romney ran in 2024 against Trump, we would have gone for him in the primaries and potentially in November just to get rid of Trump.

The times of bipartisan agreement ended in the late 2010s and early 2020s. We are headed the wrong way.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟30,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My parents and I might go overseas during the election and vote early by mail, to escape the chaos in the country for a few weeks. We tend to vote for people in the middle, somewhat center left, and Biden was the choice in 2020. If Romney ran in 2024 against Trump, we would have gone for him in the primaries and potentially in November just to get rid of Trump.

The times of bipartisan agreement ended in the late 2010s and early 2020s. We are headed the wrong way.
I left the R party because they left conservatism, IMO. Part of the reason I left Seattle, my home for 46 years, for rural Kentucky, back in 2008 (two weeks before the election then) was because I saw the writing on the wall way back then and thought it was getting serious - And I thought Obama was going to lose. Like I say about 2020: The best case scenario is that the election was stolen. The worst case scenario is that it wasn't.

My friend permanently left Kentucky for Freeport, Bahamas last year for the same reason. But she wanted fully out of the country. I couldn't take it that far. But no doubt about it. Those of us that are older have witnessed the change, and also witnessed the increase of the speed of the change. As one guy said, it will take longer to happen than a lot of people (like me) think it will, but when it does happen it will unravel with such rapidity and force that few will be prepared for it - especially mentally.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟440,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

People want to be wound up.

Its a break in their boring aimless lives.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Huh. Time for me to play some whatboutism.

Anyone remember Kathy Griffin doing a photoshoot holding Donald Trump's disembodied, bloodied head? I'd post it here, but it's pretty graphic. Suffice to say if you Google it, you can see the disturbing images for yourself.

There are loons on both sides of the aisle.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟30,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟379,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Huh. Time for me to play some whatboutism.

Anyone remember Kathy Griffin doing a photoshoot holding Donald Trump's disembodied, bloodied head? I'd post it here, but it's pretty graphic. Suffice to say if you Google it, you can see the disturbing images for yourself.

There are loons on both sides of the aisle.
Well, to be fair, you cannot possibly be doing a "whatboutism" because it's been well established on CF that only democrats and lefties do that.

My issues with that comparison is the context. A comedian doing a photoshoot is a comedian being tasteless.

Having this at a GOP sanctioned event while inviting others to beat the president.

Not convinced its a good comparison.

I do agree there are nuts on both sides of course.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, to be fair, you cannot possibly be doing a "whatboutism" because it's been well established on CF that only democrats and lefties do that.

Not sure by who. Certainly not by me.

My issues with that comparison is the context. A comedian doing a photoshoot is a comedian being tasteless.

Having this at a GOP sanctioned event while inviting others to beat the president.

Not convinced its a good comparison.

It's a perfect comparison. In both cases, there are effigies of presidents/candidates that are being portrayed disrespectfully and violently.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟30,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It's a perfect comparison. In both cases, there are effigies of presidents/candidates that are being portrayed disrespectfully and violently.
It's actually kinda fun to watch Sky News videos of "lefties losing it". Same with videos from various sources making fun of "woke" people. You don't see the equivalent regarding the right. Sure, there are nutty people on both sides, but for only only one side is it their MO.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟379,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

To you, context does not matter, or it doesn't matter in JUST this case?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟379,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's actually kinda fun to watch Sky News videos of "lefties losing it". Same with videos from various sources making fun of "woke" people. You don't see the equivalent regarding the right. Sure, there are nutty people on both sides, but for only only one side is it their MO.
Like, it's their MO to put videos up of them?
The MO of the left is to put up videos of incredibly stupid Trump supporters and the depths of their stupidity and ignorance is shocking.
I guess then, the MO of the right to be ignorant and stupid.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To you, context does not matter, or it doesn't matter in JUST this case?

Context absolutely does matter.

Someone holding the disembodied, bloodied head of another person is problematic no matter what "context" it might be in. It demonstrates that there are some people who have some very violent feelings toward presidents/candidates and in that regard they are exactly the same.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟379,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Context absolutely does matter.

Someone holding the disembodied, bloodied head of another person is problematic no matter what "context" it might be in. It demonstrates that there are some people who have some very violent feelings toward presidents/candidates and in that regard they are exactly the same.
1) 1 person
2) Not at any kind of official, party sanctioned event.
3) Not encouraging others to also get a disembodied Trump head and smatter blood on it.

I'm not saying what she did was appropriate. Even when I saw it I thought it was over the top and thought she was just trying to be relevant. Seemed at LEAST as much about her own desperation as her hatred of Trump.

Which of these actions and events took place at a party sanctioned event?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1) 1 person

Actually, I can post (and have posted) videos of others calling for the assassination of Trump. It seems Kathy Griffin isn't the only one that wouldn't mind if Trump were dead.

2) Not at any kind of official, party sanctioned event.

If it makes you feel better, I'll agree that this didn't happen at a "party-sanctioned event". I don't think that's anywhere near the difference you think it is.

3) Not encouraging others to also get a disembodied Trump head and smatter blood on it.

This seems either a bit naive or obtuse, I'm not sure which.

I'm not saying what she did was appropriate.

It's good to know you think beheading people in effigy is "inappropriate"...

Even when I saw it I thought it was over the top

...and also "over the top".

and thought she was just trying to be relevant. Seemed at LEAST as much about her own desperation as her hatred of Trump.

Interesting that you agree that beheading Trump in effigy would have been "relevant" to people. That calls into question your first point that it was only "1 person".

Which of these actions and events took place at a party sanctioned event?

Hoo boy, you got me there. This didn't happen at a party-sanctioned event, so that makes it completely different. I guess.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟379,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Actually, I can post (and have posted) videos of others calling for the assassination of Trump. It seems Kathy Griffin isn't the only one that wouldn't mind if Trump were dead.
I can post videos of people calling for Biden's death. Suddenly, plebs making death threats means nothing then. Maybe we could get back to the context of this event.

Otherwise, we can go ahead and start a NEW thread on the many assassination threats made by individuals against individual presidents.

If it makes you feel better, I'll agree that this didn't happen at a "party-sanctioned event". I don't think that's anywhere near the difference you think it is.
I'm sure you wouldn't think that. At least not until it actually happens at a Democrat party event.
Then it would matter.

If the Republican party does not condemn this action, does that mean anything, nor not really?

It's good to know you think beheading people in effigy is "inappropriate"... ...and also "over the top".
Yes. When a person does it, it's pretty terrible. When a business encourages it, and then the political party that hosts the event where it happens does not chastise those people doing it, I also think THAT is inappropriate and reflective new "values" of the Republican party.

Interesting that you agree that beheading Trump in effigy would have been "relevant" to people.
Yes. Kathy Griffin wanted to stay relevant to people (she's the perennial and famous C lister I hadn't heard from for several years by that point). A movie star doing something shocking to stay in the zeitgeist; Or, "relevant"

Hoo boy, you got me there. This didn't happen at a party-sanctioned event, so that makes it completely different. I guess.
Well it's going to be different for some people because some folks think context is important sometimes and not others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟30,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like, it's their MO to put videos up of them?
The MO of the left is to put up videos of incredibly stupid Trump supporters and the depths of their stupidity and ignorance is shocking.
I guess then, the MO of the right to be ignorant and stupid.
I've not seen many of them. I'll do a search. I do really enjoy the Candice Owens takedowns.

And most on the right can tell you what a woman is. It's science. :cool:

I've seen some leftist videos trying to take down conservatives, but they almost always sorta fall flat. Don't get me wrong, there are examples of people on the right getting it wrong. It's just that, like I said, it's the left's MO. e.g. nobody on the right thought Juicy Smallyay was really attacked by a couple of MAGA guys.

• Agree
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟379,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I've not seen many of them. I'll do a search. I do really enjoy the Candice Owens takedowns.

And most on the right can tell you what a woman is. It's science. :cool:
Strange that they can't wrap their head around "gender" then....

I've seen some leftist videos trying to take down conservatives, but they almost always sorta fall flat.
We've seen very different videos. Allow me to recommend anything by Jon Stewart.

Don't get me wrong, there are examples of people on the right getting it wrong. It's just that, like I said, it's the left's MO.
I thought the left's MO is that we scream and freak out. But I don't understand what you're saying here.

e.g. nobody on the right thought Juicy Smallyay was really attacked by a couple of MAGA guys.
That's true. Very few Republians believed that. Of course, very few Republicans believe that racism is a problem in America, so at least everything is on brand, right?

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟30,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Strange that they can't wrap their head around "gender" then....
Well, I can't speak for others, but I can. Gender is what you think you are, sexually. Sex is what you actually are. XX vs XY, defects notwithstanding (e.g. XXY)

It's not that they can't wrap their heads around gender. It's that they can't wrap their heads around using gender to replace sex. i.e. saying a manthat thinks he's a woman being allowed to be in women's sports. The sex designation is about biology, not how you "feel". The reason is simple. A man can crush a woman in physical sports. It's not complicated. And neither is sex vs gender. And let's be honest. They used to mean the same thing, just like "gay" used to mean happy. :cool:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0