IS 2 COR 3:6 SPEAKING ABOUT THE NEW COVENANT ?

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟50,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The book of Hebrews describes the new covenant as better (not new) than the old covenant (Heb. 8:1-2, 6, NRSV). The obvious question, then, is Why did God establish the old covenant if it was faulty? The problem, however, was not with the covenant but with the response of the people to it.

It is Jesus that fulfills all covenants .... He is the only one that can and why it's a better covenant.
The new covenant is "new", as attested to by God (according to the writer of Hebrews).

In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. (Heb 8:13)​

God used the word, "new" purpose when He told Jeremiah of the new covenant which was to come because He was indicating that the first covenant was going to be made obsolete. That's why one is called "old" and the other is called "new". The fact that the new covenant is better than the old covenant does not detract from the fact that it is new.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟50,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I still do not know what the new covenant is.
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

The New King James Version (Je 31:31–34). (1982). Thomas Nelson.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟50,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
# 1 For one , from Heb 8:8 that the NEW COVENANT is for the house of Israel and the HOUSE OF Judah !!

dan p
I don't know what your point is. Are you saying that if we are not Jewish that none of the elements of the new covenant apply to us...
  1. He does not put His law in our minds and write it on our hearts (Jer 31:33), and
  2. He is not our God, and We are not His people (Jer 31:33), and
  3. We do not know Him, from the least of us to the greatest of us (Jer 31:34), and
  4. He does not forgive our iniquity, and He does still remember our sins (Jer 31:34)?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what your point is. Are you saying that if we are not Jewish that none of the elements of the new covenant apply to us...
  1. He does not put His law in our minds and write it on our hearts (Jer 31:33), and
  2. He is not our God, and We are not His people (Jer 31:33), and
  3. We do not know Him, from the least of us to the greatest of us (Jer 31:34), and
  4. He does not forgive our iniquity, and He does still remember our sins (Jer 31:34)?
And Heb 8:8 says that It is all Jewish . When Christ will make a NEW COVENANT with the HOUSE of Israel and with the HOUSE of Judah !!

It does not mean a NEW COVANANT with the Body of Christ ,

Or the Palestinian Covenant

Or the Davidic Covenant

Or the MOSIAC Covenant that has been set aside in Acts 28:25-28 and 2 Cor 3:13-16 .

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟50,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And Heb 8:8 says that It is all Jewish . When Christ will make a NEW COVENANT with the HOUSE of Israel and with the HOUSE of Judah !!

It does not a NEW COVANANT with the Body of Christ ,

Or the Palestinian Covenant

Or the Davidic Covenant

Or the MOSIAC Covenant that has been set aside in Acts 28:25-28 and 2 Cor 3:13-16 .

dan p
you didn't answer the question. your point has no point.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you didn't answer the question. your point has no point.
Yes I did !!

The NEW COVENANT is for Israel ONLY and Not for the BODY of Christ , PERIOD is my point .

We ARE // ESTE which is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and in the Indicative Mood , which means you better believe it and in the Plural which means that all saved by Grace are in the PREASEN TENSE .

And since we are ALL in Christ , 1 Cor 12:15-17 WE the ones saved by GRACE are Christ's , HANDS , HIS EARS , are his EYES , are His SENSE of HEARING , His SENSE of SMELLING

And 1 COR 6:2 and 3 Grace believers will GOVERN the UNIVERSE and GOVERN ANGELS .

This is why we are NOT and NEVER be under the NEW COVENANT , PERIOD !!

dan p

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟50,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes I did !!

The NEW COVENANT is for Israel ONLY and Not for the BODY of Christ , PERIOD is my point .

We ARE // ESTE which is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and in the Indicative Mood , which means you better believe it and in the Plural which means that all saved by Grace are in the PREASEN TENSE .

And since we are ALL in Christ , 1 Cor 12:15-17 WE the ones saved by GRACE are Christ's , HANDS , HIS EARS , are his EYES , are His SENSE of HEARING , His SENSE of SMELLING

And 1 COR 6:2 and 3 Grace believers will GOVERN the UNIVERSE and GOVERN ANGELS .

This is why we are NOT and NEVER be under the NEW COVENANT , PERIOD !!

dan p
Just repeating the claim that we are not under the new covenant does not answer the question.

Every element mentioned in the new covenant applies to us. He put His law in our minds, and wrote it on our hearts; He is our God, and we are His people. No one needs to teach us to know God because we all know Him, from the least of us to the greatest of us. And He has forgiven our iniquity, and our sins He will remember no more. (Je 31:33–34)

And there is no getting around these verses that say Jesus' sacrifice of Himself is the blood of the new covenant for the remission of sins and that He is the mediator of the new covenant...

Matt 26:28For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.​
Mark 14:24And He said to them, “This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.​
Luke 22:20Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.​
1 Cor 11:25In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”​

Heb 9:15And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.​
Heb 12:24to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.​

So, if we don't receive the benefits of the new covenant, how do we get the same benefits? There's a different path for us?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just repeating the claim that we are not under the new covenant does not answer the question.

Every element mentioned in the new covenant applies to us. He put His law in our minds, and wrote it on our hearts; He is our God, and we are His people. No one needs to teach us to know God because we all know Him, from the least of us to the greatest of us. And He has forgiven our iniquity, and our sins He will remember no more. (Je 31:33–34)

And there is no getting around these verses that say Jesus' sacrifice of Himself is the blood of the new covenant for the remission of sins and that He is the mediator of the new covenant...

Matt 26:28For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.​
Mark 14:24And He said to them, “This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.​
Luke 22:20Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.​
1 Cor 11:25In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”​

Heb 9:15And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.​
Heb 12:24to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.​

So, if we don't receive the benefits of the new covenant, how do we get the same benefits? There's a different path for us?
Can you mentioned what the ELEMENTS that are in the NEW COVENANT TODAY ?/

I count at least 6 elements and there are more !!

And will you provide a verse as to How anyone is saved by the NEW COVENANT today ?

And where will these New Covenant believers spend ETERNITY , with a verses ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. Galatians 6:14-16
We do 100% have to be circumcised in order to be saved. WE have to follow ALL of the law of God. Paul explains this in Romans 2:29

"circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

Deuteronomy 30:6
The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, and you will love Him with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are not Jewish? I have been circumcised what more do they want?
Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. Galatians 6:14-16
We do 100% have to be circumcised in order to be saved. WE have to follow ALL of the law of God. Paul explains this in Romans 2:29
"circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.
Deuteronomy 30:6 The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts ...
Which has nothing to do with circumcising your johnson.
And you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, Colossians 2:10-12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Which has nothing to do with circumcising your johnson.
I do not remember talking about a 'johnson". The Bible is clear that it is not the literal law but the symbolic law we have to follow.

Upvote 0