Toano
✟19,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If I told you I took a bath last night in my brand new bathtub, and you investigated my claim scientifically and found:
  1. no watermarks
  2. no soap scum
  3. no bathtub ring
  4. no evidence whatsoever (microscopic or otherwise)
Would you believe my claim?

Of course not.

Yet when God bathed the world, then cleaned it up, it's as if it didn't happen.

Some people go beyond what Scripture says, because they're trained to do that.

If they can't see it with their eyes, then they'll send their equipment out to find it.

And if their equipment doesn't find anything, they'll conclude it didn't happen.

The proper conclusion is that they didn't find anything.

But instead of saying they didn't find anything, they'll say it didn't happen.

It's circular logic.

They didn't find anything so it didn't happen; and so it didn't happen because they didn't find anything.
Canyon ministries (one can google it) takes people on tours of the Grand Caynon and shows those "bathtub" rings and watermarks of the flood. It is very interesting. There is evidence for people to see. It really is a matter that their hearts must be changed.

Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Define gamble.
"Wager" is the word you used, so lets define that.

Wager: risk (a sum of money or valued item) against someone else's on the basis of the outcome of an unpredictable event; bet.

This is textbook gambling.

Furthermore there is no valid way to make such a wager. You are not going to accept any evidence I put forth and I am not going to accept any evidence you put forth. There is no valid metric for either of us to wager against and its impossible to set a wager against two opposing opinions. How would you propose we settle the wager? Wait until after the day of judgement and settle our bet in Christs kingdom by asking God himself what he did?

Honestly it sounds like you are trying to scam people here. You know good and well there is no way to settle this in an agreeable manner.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟102,223.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He already spoke on the matter in the Torah.

You're lucky we didn't wager, that's checkmate brother.
If you are so sure, then go ahead and bet on it. This is the last time I have asked.

• Love
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are so sure, then go ahead and bet on it. This is the last time I have asked.
You are being circular as we have already discussed this. You seem more interested in this bet than actual discussion of the topic which leads me to believe you are a scammer attempting to extort money from people. Further mention of bets will lead to me ending discussion with you.

Let me ask you a two questions since you have affirmed you believe in God:

Do you trust God?

Do you believe that God can do ANYTHING?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny how you stop responding when you see that im not falling for your scam and cant answer a question as simple as if you trust God. Its quite clear that you are just here trying to scam people, your thread has been reported.

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I am taking wagers here.

This OP is NOT about whether Noah's flood was global or not. I'm assuming you think that it was. This post is about wagering on what you believe.

Let proposition P1 = Noah's flood was global.
P2 = Noah's flood was not global but regional.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

Are you willing to wager based on your weighting scheme?

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a bet to scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put your money where your mouth is. I am interested in finding out the strength of your belief mathematically. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

You can say that the moon is made of cheese. Words are cheap unless you are willing to bet on it.
I bet my life that the Genesis Flood was global. The Flood is so easy to defend. I'm just surprise there are people out there who still don't accept the Flood. But I will not get myself involved in some type of philosophical mathematics game. I'm about real evidence without the games.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟33,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
When it comes to flood discussions, the evolutionists and old age creationists like to argue Grand Canyon & other Earth Canyons were carved out over millions of years, though the evidence actually shows that it was a washout over a short period of time.
Funny thing is the secular folk will argue for millions of years, except on Mars it's ok if such canyon carving by flood happened in a very short period of time:

"New research finds that billions of years ago Mars was beset by catastrophic river flooding that played a massive role in shaping what the planet’s expansive but now dry network of valleys looks like today, with its deep chasms and canyons."

"river valleys formed by breach floods were around 560 feet deep, while the depth of valleys formed in other ways was just around 254 feet. The results suggest that these floods carved out rock and sediment rapidly while other valleys were formed more slowly."

"One of the most astounding findings for the researchers was that the valley systems formed from breached lakes accounted for only 3 percent of total river valley length on Mars but made up about a quarter of its volume. That means floods from overflowing lakes carved out about 13,675 cubic miles of volume."
Full article:

Why is it ok for Mars but not Earth? Is it because there's a bias about anything that might even suggest the existence of God, and a God who is holy, and punishes sin, of which mankind is fully responsible for committing by choices we make? A God of moral absolutes and righteousness, and that we did NOT "evolve" but rather were created by an All Powerful and All Intelligent Designer, who is King of the Universe?

• Informative
Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟80,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Let proposition P1 = Noah's flood was global.
P2 = Noah's flood was not global but regional.
Noah's flood was an archetype of the flood that took place at Pangea 200 million years ago. If we study the ice samples the climate was very different at the time of Pangea, the sky was pink. We are told in Genesis that " floodgates of the heavens". This is when the atmosphere became less humid. The dinosaurs are found today in flood deposits. This is when primates began to grow and evolve. We still see Turtles and alligators that were alive at the time of the dinosaurs. They need very wet conditions today. They live a long life. They start off very small and grow to be very; big over a long period of hundreds of years.

1708923108620.png

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟80,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
When it comes to flood discussions, the evolutionists and old age creationists like to argue Grand Canyon & other Earth Canyons were carved out over millions of years, though the evidence actually shows that it was a washout over a short period of time.
The layers took many millions of years to make. They were carved out for us by the flood in a short period of time. God wanted us to see and know how old creation is. They do not believe in catastrophic and that sets the stage for a lot of disasters today. For example the Orville Dam Crises is an example of conditions of high water pressure that they simply did not plan on or prepare for.

1708923509041.png

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟80,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Canyon ministries (one can google it) takes people on tours of the Grand Caynon and shows those "bathtub" rings and watermarks of the flood. It is very interesting. There is evidence for people to see. It really is a matter that their hearts must be changed.
How long did it take for the grand canyon to be formed?

Upvote 0

HarleyER

Jan 4, 2024
Toano
✟19,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
How long did it take for the grand canyon to be formed?
The amount of time for the flood and the waters to subsize-190 days. Am I wrong? :)

BTW-I was in Alaska last summer and a national park ranger was telling us that scientists believe that at one time a vast majority of the Canada and Alaska, mountains and all, were completely covered in ice. One could walk from Alaska to New York and never touch the earth. Over thousands of years, this gigantic ice pack melted and is what caused the shapes of the Alaska mountains and the glaciers. I turned to my wife and said (guietly) 1) all this water to form the ice sounds like a great flood to me, and 2) if this was all ice, then isn't it logical that the glaciers have been melting for thousands of years. And, for comparison, the Alaskan mountains makes the Rockies look puny.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟80,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
isn't it logical that the glaciers have been melting for thousands of years.
They are still melting. I live in Northern Ohio and most everything here was effected by the glaciers.

Upvote 0