• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Made a Mistake

Faithful-Follower

May 3, 2024
Smith Falls
✟325.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I made a mistake last night.
I said I didn't wanna be a Christian anymore, and that I give up because God wasn't doing anything for my boyfriend, even though I pray for him, I never get any answer, God doesn't wanna talk to me, I said this all to my boyfriend. he said he felt like it was his fault because maybe he was having a bad influence on me because he isn't a Christian. now I feel so wrong, I feel terrible, I said that God does so many things for others and nothing for me or my boyfriend, so many people feel touched by God and I don't, people always talk about feeling God with them and I don't. now I feel bad, I prayed for forgiveness and apologized, but I still feel bad. I wanna read the bible but it feels wrong after last night, like I messed up and that I'm not supposed to touch it, that it's not for me because I cursed at God and didn't have faith.

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟71,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So you lacked faith and cursed. You are not the first and certainly not the last. God is longsuffering, you really think He is that petty to just forget you? No a thousand times. "nothing separates you from the love of God. Your under condemnation, both from yourself and from the devil. Confess the sin and God is faithful and just. Faithful means he will forgive and just means, it is not out of order to do so because Jesus took all your sins.

So that is the good news. I hope though that you will look at the bigger picture though and that is you are not supposed to be unequally yoked. I am not saying you are wrong with the current bf, but unless he changes it is only going to cause problems. Generally, if a relationship brings you closer to God, it is a good one. If a relationship brings you away from God consistently, it is wise to move on. Again, I do not judge, only you and God can know the answer.

I would look too at all those feelings about God and everything else. I read a book called "Love is not a feeling." (Charles Finney) Feelings can be iffy, and move around. Love is doing what is right (God's will) and looking out for another's interest. Seems to me you were caring but lacked some patience.

Priverbs 24:16
For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Time to get back with God. He is happy you care, but push your faith more for accomplishing His will in your life. Even the disciples could not cast out some devils and they were walking literally with Jesus and saw it many times. So cut yourself some slack, your grade to get to heaven comes from what Jesus did, not what you have done.

Reactions: Aliemikeyj
Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟35,907.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I made a mistake last night.
I said I didn't wanna be a Christian anymore, and that I give up because God wasn't doing anything for my boyfriend, even though I pray for him, I never get any answer, God doesn't wanna talk to me, I said this all to my boyfriend. he said he felt like it was his fault because maybe he was having a bad influence on me because he isn't a Christian. now I feel so wrong, I feel terrible, I said that God does so many things for others and nothing for me or my boyfriend, so many people feel touched by God and I don't, people always talk about feeling God with them and I don't. now I feel bad, I prayed for forgiveness and apologized, but I still feel bad. I wanna read the bible but it feels wrong after last night, like I messed up and that I'm not supposed to touch it, that it's not for me because I cursed at God and didn't have faith.

You got angry and name called, etc. If you did that to a human, they might get angry back at you and be spiteful.

Lucky for us, God's ways are not like those of man.

God is not moved by fits of human temper. He doesn't get offended by such things. He knows we are weak and that we will often fail in such ways.

Imagine a good parent dealing with a toddler. The toddler may get angry and yell at the parent, they may even say things like they hate the parent etc. No decent human parent would get angry in response and turn their back on the toddler. If even a human parent is capable of doing that, how much more capable is God?

Most Christians who have ever lived have gotten angry at God at some point in their lives. God is perfectly capable of dealing with your anger. Realize the wrong you did, pick yourself up, and resolve to do better next time.

Upvote 0