Is it wrong for me to be content where God put my Family?

Loveoneanother80

May 17, 2024
Abilene
✟325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My wife has been looking at houses on Zillow and I think it is because she is uncomfortable about the neighborhood/the people who walk up and down our street look quite thuggish☹️
God has provided us a house that’s paid for and I don’t make much plus she doesn’t work due to her having a heart defect/issue…
Can anybody give me encouragement on how to help her understand or even me how to understand what I should do…
I am Sooooooo Thankful for the place God has Provided to Us, but feel my wife is not and is just ready to find a new place to live… it was my first home b4 I met her and feel like as the 7 years has passed she has no desire to help me make this her home as well:(
Thanks for your responses and Prayers that God will Lead me to tell Her what is needed to be said the kind correct way.

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟230,440.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you say that you think she is uncomfortable, it leads me to believe that you haven't actually asked her how she feels about your home. The obvious solution is that you need to have an honest conversation with her about her concerns.

Also, since you said that this was your home before you met her, it's possible she feels that it's your home, not hers. It's difficult sometimes for someone to move into an established household and feel ownership. My husband moved into my house that I had lived in for many years when we married, and while he was completely understanding about my history there, it was only when we moved in to a house that we purchased together that we both felt like a complete team in the home.

If your wife is feeling unsafe living in your home, I would seriously consider moving. Since the house is paid off, you have the equity to buy another house with little to no mortgage. But until you know exactly what is on her mind, there is little to be done.

Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
plus she doesn’t work due to her having a heart defect/issue…
How does she plan to buy a home if she has no money? If your happy and content then she can stay if she wants and she can leave if she wants. We all have the same freedom to come and go as we please.

Upvote 0