Ct
✟15,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is long and I am going to be very blunt about the whole issue I am dealing with and my feelings so you’re warned;

Hi, My name is Emmanuel, tbh I randomly did a google search for forums for Christians to talk to. I need advice. I’m pretty sure I have a massive calling from God to “unite” the Churches around my area as an “organization” or something and let a God lead revival occur like Azusa Street and 16th Century Revival, or the Jesus Freak Movement…. But I’ve been consumed with melancholy and this…this weight that makes this life seem so mundane and things in life so, empty, vain. I feel like Solomon did in Ecclesiastes. I recognize the worth of life and everything in it but, the largest thought in my mind has been,” Whats the point?” And I find myself not even seeing the worth of “fighting” or “standing” for a people who in my observations rather be so dividied due to nonsensical things like politics, sexuality, minor issues and anything else that is so, trivial and far from God’s concern. I used to have hope, but it seems the Church as a whole rather be divided and unwilling to give up these temporary comforts in life, for God, for his plans and callings.

But even so, These callings haven’t disappeared, I even have Holy Spirit like…Its like he’s giving me ideas and more but I just…I have lost faith in the Church, all churches, Talling is so easy and so are promises but this calling of mine is bigger than me. The vision God’s been giving me is a nation shaking event or something idek the depth of it. Idek why I am even on this random post, maybe I have hope, but I dont want to hope alone and do this alone. I mean, the resources, time, to unite entire churches under the banner of God so we can do his work effectively and stop being divided….No offense but many of you will argue over basic things like clothing and other nonsense that is irrelevant to God’s heart. So Us working together? Entire Churches from all backgrounds? And yeah right……Idk, I’m a logical person and I just, I guess I need reasons to believe. I used to Hate all Christians except a minority because God showed me so much evil in Churches and how far we as a whole body, are. We are so disorganized, when our own enemy, our real enemy, is so organized against us. We were supposed to be lights in this world, lighthouse on a hill, kingdoms of light on a mountain. I dont, I cant do this alone. But whats the point? Idk. So many pastors and leaders seem to busy to even care, or try, too many stupid schedules and planning for things that should be so easy, seems like no one is willing like our ancestors were in Azusa street or Jesus Freak Movement, or those marches we’d used to do where entire Churches united to march to the state capital from other states. It seems like a pipe dream and I guess I wanted advice. I want to give up on pipe dreams and I have lost all confidence in the entire Church. I see no difference between the Pharisee’s of Jesus time and in book of Lamentations and The Church today, as always theres a remnant but apart from them, too much bs in the Church. Rejection of LGBT Christians who are treated like Lepers or Black Christians in 1901 when Christians segregation by skin color and angered God by doing that. The stupid nonsense of watering down or weighing down the Gospel, which Jesus gave us basically, the Lack of leaders and discipleship…I can go on and on but idk……To unite such a people would require a miracle, even Moses had to deal with his peoples nonsense.

But even so, I’m certain its my calling and I made a vow to God, I feel like I know the basic things I should do but all these reasons exist to not even care or try. I dont want to fight for a people who want to be divided and want to hate their own brothers. I dont want to fight for people who say they love their LGBT Brethren, or their “liberal/Conservative” brethren and only give superficial love.

Whats the point of even trying for such people? All our efforts would probably be undone in a week lol…..I used to think there existed modern day Peters or Pauls or Noahs or Enochs…but I lost that naïve belief…The lack of wisdom from our so called leaders alone, is enough reason to not even try. I guess I wanted a reason to try, that despite all these observations and wisdom I got from God, despite everything in my own fleshly mind that says to give up on His people, I guess I wanted even one genuine reason, to try. I’d have to sacrifice entire days honestly, months, weeks fasting. That’s how big God is making it seem. A nation changing movement……………it’s intimidating to think about…How many people are even willing? Idk, I doubt this’ll get any replies anyways but if you read this far then….I guess…..Ask God to give me hope, for the Church, if there’s any logical reason and any evidence it is worth it, that I wont be wasting my time for “my” people, then I guess I can do it. But for now, nah….knowing Church history, The Church would kill this movement like they killed Azusa Street and other God lead movements. Why waste my time then?

And to those who are part of the remnant though, those few who do love God and are awesome, thanks! God is proud of you. All I said is not related to you few. But my calling is like Moses gathering his people to all leave Egypt, can you imagine if he had to unite all kinds of sects and groups and ensure they all knew the day to leave Egypt lol. Thats what this calling feels like. A person said to me,” Dont carry the Burden of an old man,” because I am young. But ever since then the desire to “change the world” has become a hunger so deep, but its like, like because of the Churches failures and more, I have lost all desire to even try. I used to care but seeing the entire Church fall worse than Babylon or Juresalem and this nonsensicial fighting I see in the Church, all I can say is,” Why try” i’m not Moses, I’m can’t unite a people like Joshua or David or Solomon can. Idek.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is long and I am going to be very blunt about the whole issue I am dealing with and my feelings so you’re warned;

Hi, My name is Emmanuel, tbh I randomly did a google search for forums for Christians to talk to. I need advice. I’m pretty sure I have a massive calling from God to “unite” the Churches around my area as an “organization” or something and let a God lead revival occur like Azusa Street and 16th Century Revival, or the Jesus Freak Movement…. But I’ve been consumed with melancholy and this…this weight that makes this life seem so mundane and things in life so, empty, vain. I feel like Solomon did in Ecclesiastes. I recognize the worth of life and everything in it but, the largest thought in my mind has been,” Whats the point?” And I find myself not even seeing the worth of “fighting” or “standing” for a people who in my observations rather be so dividied due to nonsensical things like politics, sexuality, minor issues and anything else that is so, trivial and far from God’s concern. I used to have hope, but it seems the Church as a whole rather be divided and unwilling to give up these temporary comforts in life, for God, for his plans and callings.

But even so, These callings haven’t disappeared, I even have Holy Spirit like…Its like he’s giving me ideas and more but I just…I have lost faith in the Church, all churches, Talling is so easy and so are promises but this calling of mine is bigger than me. The vision God’s been giving me is a nation shaking event or something idek the depth of it. Idek why I am even on this random post, maybe I have hope, but I dont want to hope alone and do this alone. I mean, the resources, time, to unite entire churches under the banner of God so we can do his work effectively and stop being divided….No offense but many of you will argue over basic things like clothing and other nonsense that is irrelevant to God’s heart. So Us working together? Entire Churches from all backgrounds? And yeah right……Idk, I’m a logical person and I just, I guess I need reasons to believe. I used to Hate all Christians except a minority because God showed me so much evil in Churches and how far we as a whole body, are. We are so disorganized, when our own enemy, our real enemy, is so organized against us. We were supposed to be lights in this world, lighthouse on a hill, kingdoms of light on a mountain. I dont, I cant do this alone. But whats the point? Idk. So many pastors and leaders seem to busy to even care, or try, too many stupid schedules and planning for things that should be so easy, seems like no one is willing like our ancestors were in Azusa street or Jesus Freak Movement, or those marches we’d used to do where entire Churches united to march to the state capital from other states. It seems like a pipe dream and I guess I wanted advice. I want to give up on pipe dreams and I have lost all confidence in the entire Church. I see no difference between the Pharisee’s of Jesus time and in book of Lamentations and The Church today, as always theres a remnant but apart from them, too much bs in the Church. Rejection of LGBT Christians who are treated like Lepers or Black Christians in 1901 when Christians segregation by skin color and angered God by doing that. The stupid nonsense of watering down or weighing down the Gospel, which Jesus gave us basically, the Lack of leaders and discipleship…I can go on and on but idk……To unite such a people would require a miracle, even Moses had to deal with his peoples nonsense.

But even so, I’m certain its my calling and I made a vow to God, I feel like I know the basic things I should do but all these reasons exist to not even care or try. I dont want to fight for a people who want to be divided and want to hate their own brothers. I dont want to fight for people who say they love their LGBT Brethren, or their “liberal/Conservative” brethren and only give superficial love.

Whats the point of even trying for such people? All our efforts would probably be undone in a week lol…..I used to think there existed modern day Peters or Pauls or Noahs or Enochs…but I lost that naïve belief…The lack of wisdom from our so called leaders alone, is enough reason to not even try. I guess I wanted a reason to try, that despite all these observations and wisdom I got from God, despite everything in my own fleshly mind that says to give up on His people, I guess I wanted even one genuine reason, to try. I’d have to sacrifice entire days honestly, months, weeks fasting. That’s how big God is making it seem. A nation changing movement……………it’s intimidating to think about…How many people are even willing? Idk, I doubt this’ll get any replies anyways but if you read this far then….I guess…..Ask God to give me hope, for the Church, if there’s any logical reason and any evidence it is worth it, that I wont be wasting my time for “my” people, then I guess I can do it. But for now, nah….knowing Church history, The Church would kill this movement like they killed Azusa Street and other God lead movements. Why waste my time then?

And to those who are part of the remnant though, those few who do love God and are awesome, thanks! God is proud of you. All I said is not related to you few. But my calling is like Moses gathering his people to all leave Egypt, can you imagine if he had to unite all kinds of sects and groups and ensure they all knew the day to leave Egypt lol. Thats what this calling feels like. A person said to me,” Dont carry the Burden of an old man,” because I am young. But ever since then the desire to “change the world” has become a hunger so deep, but its like, like because of the Churches failures and more, I have lost all desire to even try. I used to care but seeing the entire Church fall worse than Babylon or Juresalem and this nonsensicial fighting I see in the Church, all I can say is,” Why try” i’m not Moses, I’m can’t unite a people like Joshua or David or Solomon can. Idek.
Welcome.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome Emmanuel. :)

You are likely to get more feedback on the advice forum than here as this is just an introduction forum.

Here is the advice forum:

• Winner
Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟562,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to CF.
---
Good point/comment.
---
Revivals/Spiritual Awakening often started..
- in unlikely/humble places..
Example:
Azusa Revival
---
& with a few people..who are broken..seeking/praying, waiting.
---
Revivals/Spiritual Awakening went through..
- criticism & despisement..especially, during the early days..
- in Christian history.
---
You mentioned..
'Jesus Movement'
- It was the Move of God/Revival..among young people.
- in United States & beyond..
- the Movement had impact on my spiritual journey..in 1970's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

My first comment is actually going to be a question. You use parentheses around the word unite have you heard of the unite movement? If not, what was in your heart when you wrote that word and decided to put parentheses around it?

Let me affirm for you that God is on the move, and we are starting to see the stirrings of revival. There has been talk recently, even on this forum about Azusa Street and what was supposed to take place 100 years after that pastor’s death, which was at the end of September.

Now I am going to state something that most people would not expect. Melancholy is very common among people who have a true calling from God, and especially if those individuals have a great ability to hear from God, to understand God‘s will, to understand God’s vision for the kingdom of God, people with prophetic leanings, they’re given to melancholy, because they have a very deep understanding of what surrendering to a true, calling from God means for their life, and for the lives of the people around them. People that the Bible refers to as hirelings of which there are a lot of them out there in Christianity, they don’t have that same passion or deepness to their spirituality that brings that melancholy. Most of them are in it for a paycheck. You’re upset like you describe that you have regarding the things that are going on in the body of Christ is a sign that you have the type of passion, calling, and prophetic leanings that I am talking about. Most of these individuals have an initial sense that they do not want to surrender to the calls that God has placed on their life. However, they ultimately do because when God has called you in this way, there’s really no way out.

You speak of distain for many individuals that you view as Christians, but I would say this to you. There are tons and tons of people in the church congregations, and even in leadership in those churches, who are not true followers of Christ. They will be many people you will encounter here on this forum, who are not true followers of Christ, their church goers, there’s a big difference.

On my blog, I did a series on the “spiritual remnant” of the church. I did this series several years back so it can be found in the archives. Spiritual remnant is in the title and as I recall, it had many parts to the series so if you would like to go look at that you might find it useful. A link to my blog is in my profile. If I can be of any further assistance to you, please send me a private message through the forum. There are some things that it might not be the wisest to post about, 101 may be better. But let me assure you I do understand because I have sat down on the bed many times, and told God that I quit over the last 25 or so years only to get up again and keep serving.

Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟44,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Rejection of LGBT Christians who are treated like Lepers or Black Christians in 1901 when Christians segregation by skin color and angered God by doing that.
RED ALERT! Are you gay? Have you been rejected by your local churches for being gay? Do you think being gay is not a sin?

My advice for you is to read the Bible all the way through, if you have not done so yet.

Next, get baptized, if you are not yet.

Study the Bible regularly.

Fellowship, preferably in person, with other Christians. Iron sharpens iron.

You do indeed have a big pipe dream. But before you help others repent of their sins, be sure you are repenting of your own sins.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I need advice. I’m pretty sure I have a massive calling from God to “unite” the Churches around my area as an “organization” or something and let a God lead revival occur like Azusa Street and 16th Century Revival, or the Jesus Freak Movement….
Welcome to the forum.

You've asked for advice re your #vision/calling'.
Well test it out. Get imvolved with your church, start leading by example.
You've mentioned the Azura street revival, well you will know that started small and grew slowly. The leader of that revival and of every other in history was involved with local Christians in there churches.
If that vission/calling is from God you will achieve something, if it is your own delusin you won't, either way you have to get up and get involved with people in your local church.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟67,267.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

up11_zpsb00daz00.gif

WELCOME to Christian Forums,
Emmanuel!

“And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”

Deuteronomy 6:5

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Isaiah 41:10

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With
men
it is impossible, but not with God:
for with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:27

The Lord is not slow to keep his promise.
He is not slow in the way some people understand it.
He is patient with you.
He doesn't want anyone to be destroyed.
Instead, he wants all people
to turn away from their sins.

2 Peter 3:9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums