Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guess who's not pulling their advertising from X? Democratic politicians, who have spent over a million dollars on advertising.

GBGYffBaQAEqq0f.jpeg

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Guess who's not pulling their advertising from X? Democratic politicians, who have spent over a million dollars on advertising.

View attachment 340324
That's pretty hilarious actually, after all the histrionic rhetoric and flounces from that segment. But I guess it knows where to really reach its gullible base and to get attention.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟839,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
X Provides Premium Perks to Hezbollah, Other U.S.-Sanctioned Groups

A blue checkmark account that bears the name and profile image of Hassan Nasrallah, the secretary-general of Hezbollah, also indicates it is “ID verified,” a service that X offers to premium subscribers as a way to prevent impersonation. X requires users to submit a government-issued ID and a selfie to get verified in this way, though it is unclear if Nasrallah did so. X says these accounts get “prioritized support.”

Two other accounts for U.S.-sanctioned entities, Iran’s Press TV and Russia’s Tinkoff Bank, had gold checkmarks. A gold checkmark indicates the account is a “Verified Organization,” and at the time of TTP’s research, cost $1,000 per month.

For years, Twitter, as X was previously known, allowed U.S.-sanctioned individuals and entities to use free accounts on the platform, an arrangement that some legal experts said was permissible under U.S. sanctions law. But by providing a premium, paid service to sanctioned entities, X may be raising new legal issues.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟839,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Elon "Free Speech Absolutist" Musk apparently can't take a joke.

Elon "Free Speech Absolutist" Musk apparently prefers spouses of political leaders that didn't get captured and killed.

Alexei Navalny's widow Yulia Navalnaya has X social media account suspended (temporarily)​

Earlier today on her X account, Mrs Navalnaya urged the Kremlin to "give back Alexei's body and let him be buried with dignity".

"We unsuspended the account as soon as we became aware of the error, and will be updating the defence," the official account, Safety on X, wrote.

• Informative
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The social network, which was formerly Twitter before it was bought by Tesla and SpaceX billionaire Elon Musk, said the account was "mistakenly flagged" by the platform's anti-spam and manipulation system.
Less than an hour later, X restored Mrs Navalnaya's access to the social media platform.

A social media account gets mistakenly flagged by an automatic filter and then restored within an hour, and someone thinks this is somehow a gotcha for Elon Musk? Alrighty then.

Reactions: MrMoe
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟839,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Still running smooth as ever.

Ex-Sheriff Alex Villanueva (temporarily) suspended from social media site X

Former Sheriff Alex Villanueva, who is running for a spot on the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, said Monday that his primary account on X, formerly Twitter, was shut down after someone allegedly reported him for harassing his opponent in the race.

“This morning I found out that my X or Twitter account was temporarily suspended,” Villanueva said in a video posted to Instagram. “This is straight dirty politics 101.”

Spokespeople for his opponent, incumbent Janice Hahn, said the supervisor and her campaign had nothing to do with Villanueva’s account suspension.

“This is laughable,” said Dave Jacobson, a consultant with Hahn’s reelection campaign. “It’s simply more evidence of a lying, disgraced and failed former sheriff yet again attempting to mislead the public with baseless claims.”

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟374,610.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

View attachment 340324
Well to be fair, I'm not sure 1mil is REALLY all that much. I'm totally ignorant on how funds are normally allocated but that doesn't seem impressive to me. I mean, I personally wouldn't expect them to withdraw ALL advertising on it.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟374,610.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That's pretty hilarious actually, after all the histrionic rhetoric and flounces from that segment. But I guess it knows where to really reach its gullible base and to get attention.
yeah. Good observation. If there's ONE place left wingers still hang out...it's on twitter.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well to be fair, I'm not sure 1mil is REALLY all that much.

It's a whole heckuva lot more than ~0~, which is how much I would think you would want to spend if you disagreed with their policies and didn't want to support the company at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟374,610.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Oh, left wingers are there...and everywhere.
Of course they are! There were right wingers on twitter too. But there was a mass exodus of quite a few left wingers back before

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course they are! There were right wingers on twitter too. But there was a mass exodus of quite a few left wingers back before
Yep. There is a highly intolerant segment who cannot handle diverse opinions. They migrated to Tribel, an echo chamber.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟374,610.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Yep. There is a highly intolerant segment who cannot handle diverse opinions. They migrated to Tribel, an echo chamber.
Hmmm....Before I respond to that, I'm wondering what you mean when you say "cannot handle diverse opinions"?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm....Before I respond to that, I'm wondering what you mean when you say "cannot handle diverse opinions"?
Those who cannot handle opinions that are not in lockstep with their own. We saw a lot of this during the pandemic, when even doctors and scientists were silenced and deplatformed. People disagree - even in the medical field.

We see it all the time in the political discussions as well. Those who descend to hurling insults and ad hominems instead of refuting false premises tend to retreat to safe spaces instead of learn how to refute assertions with which they disagree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟101,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Those who cannot handle opinions that are not in lockstep with their own. We saw a lot of this during the pandemic, when even doctors and scientists were silenced and deplatformed. People disagree - even in the medical field.

We see it all the time in the political discussions as well. Those who descend to hurling insults and ad hominems instead of refuting false premises tend to retreat to safe spaces instead of learn how to refute assertions with which they disagree.
And you can tell that's true because there are no liberals here, where right wing, christian views are expressed freely without constraint.

-- A2SG, yup, none...not a one....all of us are illusions....

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And you can tell that's true because there are no liberals here, where right wing, christian views are expressed freely without constraint.

-- A2SG, yup, none...not a one....all of us are illusions....
Oh there are a few lefties here. Not many who can refute assertions without also descending to insults and ad hominems though. A handful at most.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟308,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh there are a few lefties here. Not many who can refute assertions without also descending to insults and ad hominems though. A handful at most.

Perhaps, but we seem to be better at detecting sarcasm. :)

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟145,587.00
Faith
Christian
Still running smooth as ever.

Ex-Sheriff Alex Villanueva (temporarily) suspended from social media site X

Former Sheriff Alex Villanueva, who is running for a spot on the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, said Monday that his primary account on X, formerly Twitter, was shut down after someone allegedly reported him for harassing his opponent in the race.

“This morning I found out that my X or Twitter account was temporarily suspended,” Villanueva said in a video posted to Instagram. “This is straight dirty politics 101.”

Spokespeople for his opponent, incumbent Janice Hahn, said the supervisor and her campaign had nothing to do with Villanueva’s account suspension.

“This is laughable,” said Dave Jacobson, a consultant with Hahn’s reelection campaign. “It’s simply more evidence of a lying, disgraced and failed former sheriff yet again attempting to mislead the public with baseless claims.”

"We unsuspended the account as soon as we became aware of the error, and will be updating the defence," the official account, Safety on X, wrote.

His Anti-Corruption Foundation tagged Mr Musk in a post on X, asking him to "please explain exactly which rules were violated" by Mrs Navalnaya for the suspension.

Less than an hour later, X restored Mrs Navalnaya's access to the social media platform.

These errors also use to happen back when Jack Dorsey was in charge.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟839,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)