Passing Through
✟461,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't need to do that to see that he said “You have said the actual truth.” in a direct reply to an antisemitic post. He agreed with an antisemitic post. QED.
What was the "actual truth" to which he assented?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟839,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Walmart is out.

Walmart (WMT.N) said on Friday it is not advertising on social media platform X, one of the latest brands to say it has dropped the Elon Musk-owned site.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟566,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not surprised. Who shops at Walmart?
I think I've just been converted back to WM from Target. I don't really shop at either one much, but my local Targets have been dumpster fires for a while now. The Target store is lit up better, but WM actually has stuff on the shelves and at lower prices.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think I've just been converted back to WM from Target. I don't really shop at either one much, but my local Targets have been dumpster fires for a while now. The Target store is lit up better, but WM actually has stuff on the shelves and at lower prices.
I don't shop much at either, but spouse stopped at Target yesterday and it had everything requested.

At Walmart, I simply refuse to work there, scanning all my own items, bagging them, and then letting some person who should have that job checking people out at the door, and the ones here have gone that way, I've read. They don't treat workers well, and I don't want to work there, so as a matter of principle, I will not go there.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟566,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
At Walmart, I simply refuse to work there, scanning all my own items, bagging them, and then letting some person who should have that job checking people out at the door, and the ones here have gone that way, I've read. They don't treat workers well, and I don't want to work there, so as a matter of principle, I will not go there.
Most every store around here has gone to that model now. Based on what I see as a customer of Target, I can't imagine they're treating their people well, either.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most every store around here has gone to that model now. Based on what I see as a customer of Target, I can't imagine they're treating their people well, either.
I detest that method of putting all work on the customer, while there is zero reduction in prices. Trader Joe's - on the other hand- empties your cart, scans them, and bags them, placing them back on your cart, as does Costco. Customer service isn't dead there.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟197,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As LBJ might have said, when you've lost Walmart, you've lost middle America.
Wait and see.

"In a statement to Business Insider, Walmart said: "We are not actively advertising on X. This is not about a specific change to our advertising policies. We've simply decreased spend over time to align with performance."

"These decisions are made in a dynamic market and could change in the future," it added."

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟150,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait and see.

"In a statement to Business Insider, Walmart said: "We are not actively advertising on X. This is not about a specific change to our advertising policies. We've simply decreased spend over time to align with performance."

"These decisions are made in a dynamic market and could change in the future," it added."

Politics is politics but business is business

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics is politics but business is business
Right. You saw what happened when people stopped buying Bud Light. That said, we shall see if Walmart comes back to Twitter/X. Hard to call it X.

I'm thinking the random gullible person who doesn't look into things and takes whatever assertion is made first as true wouldn't be a good audience (Jussie Smollett, Covenant Kids, etc) but who knows.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,200.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Right. You saw what happened when people stopped buying Bud Light. That said, we shall see if Walmart comes back to Twitter/X. Hard to call it X.
What does this mean? Because Walmart stopped advertising on Musk's social media, Walmart customers will boycott Walmart?

I bet most Walmart customers don't care about Musk's social media website.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟461,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does this mean? Because Walmart stopped advertising on Musk's social media, Walmart customers will boycott Walmart?

I bet most Walmart customers don't care about Musk's social media website.
No, I'm responding to the statement Pommer actually made. "Politics is Politics but business is business."

Yep. Many will do anything in pursuit of the dollar. It's when one goes against financial interest that there are principles involved, as Musk has done. There is a term in law: admission against interest. An admission against interest is as an out of court statement made by a party that is against their own pecuniary (money) interest, proprietary, or penal interest; it is admissible as a statement against interest, because one doesn't tend to make those.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟839,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Elon Musk’s ‘Anti-Woke’ AI Is Here

Access to Grok is slowly being rolled out to X Premium Plus users today. The anti-woke chatbot is kind of like if ChatGPT watched nothing but Tucker Carlson and Joe Rogan’s podcast. Musk specifically designed Grok to be anti-woke and lack the political correctness built into other chatbots... Grok has access to all of X, giving it a leg up on all other chatbots.

I'm certainly not subscribing to X Premium Plus when I have a perfectly good uncle for this kind of interaction.

Upvote 0

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟228,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Elon Musk’s ‘Anti-Woke’ AI Is Here

Access to Grok is slowly being rolled out to X Premium Plus users today. The anti-woke chatbot is kind of like if ChatGPT watched nothing but Tucker Carlson and Joe Rogan’s podcast. Musk specifically designed Grok to be anti-woke and lack the political correctness built into other chatbots... Grok has access to all of X, giving it a leg up on all other chatbots.

I'm certainly not subscribing to X Premium Plus when I have a perfectly good uncle for this kind of interaction.

This might just be a wrapper for OpenAI.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,158,502.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,200.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones account reinstated on X after poll​

/technology/musk-poll-shows-x-users-want-us-conspiracy-theorist-jones-account-back-2023-12-10/

"Social media platform X on Sunday showed the account of U.S. conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to have been reinstated after a poll organized by owner Elon Musk backed his return after a ban of nearly five years."

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟308,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones account reinstated on X after poll​

/technology/musk-poll-shows-x-users-want-us-conspiracy-theorist-jones-account-back-2023-12-10/

"Social media platform X on Sunday showed the account of U.S. conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to have been reinstated after a poll organized by owner Elon Musk backed his return after a ban of nearly five years."
Well that ought to "improve" the "discourse" on Twitter...

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟308,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Will I have to reblock him again?

Probably, and mute, and likely regularly.

I've heard from people on the site that there have been lots of problems of late with blocks and follows vanishing. No one is certain if this is manipulation or a dying software infrastructure. (I do not have an account and only have browsed through the web interface. Lately that doesn't work so I use an intermediate service that doesn't have the main features like the algorithm or ads.)

Upvote 0