Green Party Presidential Candidate Jill Stein arrested for assault at Wash U student protest

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,125,802.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So now our country will have two candidates in court during campaign season! Surely we can do better than this.

While I believe that President Biden could do more to put pressure on Prime Minister Netanyahu to engage in a cease fire to prevent the widespread civilian death, starvation, and homelessness in Gaza, nothing could ever convince me to vote for Stein and risk making Biden's principal opponent president--someone who is plotting mass deportations and prison camps using Netanyahu's playing card.

Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein says she was charged with assaulting a police officer after she attended a pro-Palestinian protest on the campus of Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, on Saturday. According to a statement by Washington University, 100 individuals—including 23 students and four university employees—were arrested on Saturday when they “refused to leave after being asked multiple times.”

“All face charges of trespassing and some may also be charged with resisting arrest and assault, including for injuries to three police officers who sustained injuries including a severe concussion, a broken finger and a groin injury,” the statement added.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟373,956.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I wonder if cops are ever embarrassed at how low the threshold for “assaulting an officer” is.
Judging from anecdotal stories....and court records stemming from BLM arrests, they likely should be (or frankly, many of the arrests stemming from protests). They use arresting as a means of controlling; weaponizing the justice system. So long as there are no direct physical threats to individuals, why shouldn't they be legally able to protests? And if there are take those INDIVIDUALS away.

To more directly address the OP:

Feeling lazy but I'd want to read the police report of the incident to see how awful this is. I would say it ain't GREAT.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,250,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I wonder if cops are ever embarrassed at how low the threshold for “assaulting an officer” is.
Right. Concussion and broken bones and groin injuries to police is a pretty low threshold.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,250,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So now our country will have two candidates in court during campaign season! Surely we can do better than this.

While I believe that President Biden could do more to put pressure on Prime Minister Netanyahu to engage in a cease fire to prevent the widespread civilian death, starvation, and homelessness in Gaza, nothing could ever convince me to vote for Stein and risk making Biden's principal opponent president--someone who is plotting mass deportations and prison camps using Netanyahu's playing card.
Almost three quarters of the protesters arrested were from outside the University. Wondering how many shouted “Death to Israel” at this highly Jewish campus?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Almost three quarters of the protesters arrested were from outside the University. Wondering how many shouted “Death to Israel” at this highly Jewish campus?
I hear there are other groups stirring up trouble and not affiliated with the school. I think we need to see who is backing them.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟564,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Right. Concussion and broken bones and groin injuries to police is a pretty low threshold.
What are you talking about? That's not even the threshold for assaulting a civilian.

Upvote 0