Dr. Jill Stein announced her candidacy for the 2024 presidential race because of course she did

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
In a post to X, formerly Twitter, Stein, a Green Party candidate, announced that she was running for president, saying that the "bipartisan establishment has failed us" and noting that Americans need another party to "serve the people."

"I'm Jill Stein, and I'm running for president to offer that choice for the people outside of the failed two-party system," she said in a video on social media.

"We call for an investigation of the Netanyahu regime's war crimes, as well as the role of Biden and U.S. leaders in aiding and abetting them," Stein said. "And above all, these crimes must stop now."

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,213,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ok... so where's her alternative to the two party system?
Jill “nuclear power plants are nuclear bombs” stein is among the last I would ask that question.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟841,957.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When she ran in 2016 she was photographed at a banquet with Putin. Her candidacy will only help Putin's buddy, and I distrust her motives.
I think "distrust" is the wrong word.

I think that her efforts are clearly an attempt to help Putin's buddy, as you say, and as was the case in 2016 when she succeeded in that effort.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟841,957.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where she stands on the issues, she would take votes from Biden.
as she did in 2016

If the idea is to spotlight her issues, and not affect the election itself, the solution is clear. She needs to NOT be on the ballot in swing states. Clearly, she wants to have an effect on the election.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟166,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Knowing very little about the interior politics of the Green Party, I'm not sure how good Jill Stein's chances are. There are ten candidates for their presidential nomination right now: Adam Hollick, Anita Belle, Emanuel Yi Pastreich, Jackie Tate, Jill Stein, Jorge Zavala, Mason Vincent Cysewski, Randy Toler, Robert Cooke IV, and Tyler Gray. I have no idea how well known any of these people are in the Green Party--I don't recognize any of them other than Jill Stein but I'm also not a Green Party member so that doesn't speak for anything, as the Green Party members are the ones who make the decision. Stein did get the nomination in 2012 and 2016 which would presumably make her the best-known of the candidates, but that might also make there be a strong feeling of "she's already done it, and done it again, so let someone else try" feel.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟841,957.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Knowing very little about the interior politics of the Green Party, I'm not sure how good Jill Stein's chances are. There are ten candidates for their presidential nomination right now: Adam Hollick, Anita Belle, Emanuel Yi Pastreich, Jackie Tate, Jill Stein, Jorge Zavala, Mason Vincent Cysewski, Randy Toler, Robert Cooke IV, and Tyler Gray. I have no idea how well known any of these people are in the Green Party--I don't recognize any of them other than Jill Stein but I'm also not a Green Party member so that doesn't speak for anything, as the Green Party members are the ones who make the decision. Stein did get the nomination in 2012 and 2016 which would presumably make her the best-known of the candidates, but that might also make there be a strong feeling of "she's already done it, and done it again, so let someone else try" feel.
All that matters to me is that the parties will help Trump's chances in any state when the party is on the ballot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When she ran in 2016 she was photographed at a banquet with Putin. Her candidacy will only help Putin's buddy, and I distrust her motives.

She was photographed at a banquet with Putin.

I always wonder why Xi doesn't get this same energy from the left.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,142,836.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She was photographed at a banquet with Putin.

I always wonder why Xi doesn't get this same energy from the left.
This is about Stein.

If Xi invades Taiwan he will incur the wrath of the free world, too. Taiwan is the chip maker for the world.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is about Stein.

If Xi invades Taiwan he will incur the wrath of the free world, too. Taiwan is the chip maker for the world.

I see...so the fact that he's Putin's best bud, a genocidal fascist, and pushing for the collapse of the US dollar doesn't factor in much with you....

But hey, Jill Stein was once in frame with Putin.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Knowing very little about the interior politics of the Green Party, I'm not sure how good Jill Stein's chances are.
Like with RFK Jr. (at least in the beginning) I expect people who prefer Trump will find a way to contribute financially to her campaign (or provide other assistance) to help her in the primaries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,142,836.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I see...so the fact that he's Putin's best bud, a genocidal fascist, and pushing for the collapse of the US dollar doesn't factor in much with you....

But hey, Jill Stein was once in frame with Putin.
If Stein were seen dining with Xi that could also be troubling, but there is no evidence that she is hanging out with Xi.

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you trying to say that her hanging out with Putin is fine because she didn't hang out with Xi?

At the moment, Putin is exercising his first attempt at nation toppling, with more in mind. While Xi's desire to regain Taiwan is troubling, and while we need to be vigilant, he has not made any moves. We have a nuclear sub in South Korea, recently in Japan. We have a military presence in both of those nations. We are paying attention, and possibly our presence in Asia is a strong deterrent for Xi.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As the leader of our country, it is necessary for Biden to engage in diplomatic relations with Xi.

Then why in the world would it ever be an issue that Jill Stein met/was photographed with Putin?

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟841,957.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Then why in the world would it ever be an issue that Jill Stein met/was photographed with Putin?
It is NOT the role of candidate or private citizen to meet with foreign leaders. It IS the role of many in the government.

Upvote 0