Getting to Know Each Other (2)

Crypto

Apr 4, 2013
✟1,032.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
well maybe today. We have a few, it is a small group. I would love for it to grow. I just don't have much in common with the younger Single Section and I'm not into games and that's what's mostly on the 50+ section so this is where I hang, well here and sometimes in the widow/widower section.

What kind of games do they play?

Upvote 0
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Decided I should introduce mahself properly! :D

First Name (if you want): Chrissy

Children and/or pets: Two sons... 21 year old, and 19 year old.
Occupation: Taking care of my 19 year old who has Autism and my home etc.

Favorite Color: PURPLE..FTW!! :D
Favorite Food: Seafood, and dessert...cheesecake
Hobbies: Not actual hobbies as such, but LOVE researching stuff on the net, catching up with friends, playing cards, laughing, being silly!
Likes: Randomness, laughing, communicating with people, studying and learning about psychology, heaps of stuff really!
Dislikes/pet peeves: People who judge others based on appearance, or based their own perception of how a Christian should be.

Ministry Involvement: Not an actual Ministry as such, but encouraging, supporting, talking to people who are going thru lifes struggles. Also, love making people laugh. :)
Bible Translation: New Living Translation
Bible Verse(s): Many, but the one that has helped me heaps in the last couple of years is Proverbs 3:5-6
Hymns or other Christian songs: Lots, but my fave would have to be "How Great Is Our God."

Interesting Factoid #1: The reason for my nickname, and name on here, Mama Dory, is because Im just like the character, "Dory", from "Finding Nemo"! :D Random, forgetful, silly and bubbly! :D The "Mama" part is because Im kinda a "Mum" to a few younger people. :)
Interesting Factoid #2: I LOVE Unicorns, and spahkles, and rainbows!! :D
Interesting Factoid #3: I am an interesting "mix", cos I am bubbly, LOUD, silly, random etc, but I usually get a good balance, and can be serious when I need to be.
Interesting Factoid #4: I have a passion for helping people to overcome damage done from their past. Ive been on a journey of healing, growth and recovery for a few years now, and God is already using the stuff that happened to me, to connect with others, and help them.
Interesting Factoid #5: I talk...a LOT...and my Mum said I didnt walk til I was almost 2 years old, but I could have conversations with people before then...and she also says I havnt shut up since!! And dats da troof! :D

Puleeeeze feel free to bombard me with questions!! :D *reaches for helmet, and braces herself...*

Last edited:
Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks! Perhaps I'll try. I saw the dog in your pic. He is very cute. He is "he", right?

A little late on this answer but no, it was a "she". Her name was Breakdown. We had to put her down because she had cancer in her leg and was not getting better only worse. We miss her terribly!

Upvote 0

Doctor Strangelove

Oct 5, 2012
United States
✟16,773.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A little late on this answer but no, it was a "she". Her name was Breakdown. We had to put her down because she had cancer in her leg and was not getting better only worse. We miss her terribly!

Michelle, So sorry about your dog. My first dog was a black Lab and she also had cancer in her leg. Evidently, bone cancer, and I thought that was an odd illness. Every time I see a black Lab I think about my first dog and miss her, and it's been like 35 years since she died.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Michelle, So sorry about your dog. My first dog was a black Lab and she also had cancer in her leg. Evidently, bone cancer, and I thought that was an odd illness. Every time I see a black Lab I think about my first dog and miss her, and it's been like 35 years since she died.

Thanks Doctor, even though she was technically my older son's dog, I have to say, she was the best dog I've ever had and we all miss her terribly. I got my younger son a puppy, his name is Soldier and he's a character, but not as smart as Breakdown and not as sweet or obedient. He's 8 months and I still cannot leave him unkenneled even for a little while if we aren't home because he will find something to tear up. Not too bad, like it will be mostly the rug or trash but he's just not the same as our girl. I think I will miss her more than any other dog too, because I was there when we put her down. :(

Upvote 0

aussieangel

I never QUIT!!!!!!!
Sep 20, 2005
Australia not far from Sydney
✟8,453.00
Faith
Marital Status
Am really sorry people for kind of barging into some of the topics here without firstly introducing myself..I often kind of do things back to front lol..Makes life interesting I suppose but will attempt to correct that right now but it will not be as long an introduction as Mama Dory's lol..God bless her. She is an awesome woman!! Personality PLUS!! smiles.....

I was originally born in UK but emigrated here (Australia) with my family when I was sweet 16 lol...Sheesh that was a long long time ago now !! Rolls my eyes!! I now live about 90 mins North of Sydney in a great area which is also is near many beaches and lakes... Widowed for 7 years this year with a son and daughter..both now grown with families of their own..Grandmother to 4..smiles...Have a black cat which the kids bought me as they thought I needed a pet to look after and keep me company.. not sure where they got THAT idea from but now I wouldn't be without him...:)

Love music, the theatre, singing..have performed with local amateur musical productions but am now fully involved with a group of 20 singers who visit the aged..in nursing homes and retirement villages..(older than me that is lol) and entertain them on a voluntary basis.. I just love being involved in this and seeing the joy we bring into the lives of these wonderful residents for just the time we are there.. :) Enjoy writing poems and art..admiring beautiful scenery, fishing, walking in the bush..

I also enjoy a good indepth conversation when I can find one..smiles..enjoy meeting others..

I believe God brought me to this site for some good Christian fellowship as I have been without that for some time now but I have already experienced His love here through others..Ahh enough of me now lol...and this is probably almost as long as Mama Dory's after all haha..Looking forward to joining in with you all from time to time and also to resuming my walk with Christ..Putting my trust in God in regards to the plan he has mapped out for me now... YAY! Praise God for all that He will do in my life and for all that He has already done!!...Amen!!:amen::clap::angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Welcome Mama Dory! :wave:

Hi Dory, welcome to CF

I have GF who talks all the time ... I don't konw if I could handle it every day! lol

Am really sorry people for kind of barging into some of the topics here without firstly introducing myself..I often kind of do things back to front lol..Makes life interesting I suppose but will attempt to correct that right now but it will not be as long an introduction as Mama Dory's lol..God bless her. She is an awesome woman!! Personality PLUS!! smiles.....

I was originally born in UK but emigrated here (Australia) with my family when I was sweet 16 lol...Sheesh that was a long long time ago now !! Rolls my eyes!! I now live about 90 mins North of Sydney in a great area which is also is near many beaches and lakes... Widowed for 7 years this year with a son and daughter..both now grown with families of their own..Grandmother to 4..smiles...Have a black cat which the kids bought me as they thought I needed a pet to look after and keep me company.. not sure where they got THAT idea from but now I wouldn't be without him...:)

Love music, the theatre, singing..have performed with local amateur musical productions but am now fully involved with a group of 20 singers who visit the aged..in nursing homes and retirement villages..(older than me that is lol) and entertain them on a voluntary basis.. I just love being involved in this and seeing the joy we bring into the lives of these wonderful residents for just the time we are there.. :) Enjoy writing poems and art..admiring beautiful scenery, fishing, walking in the bush..

I also enjoy a good indepth conversation when I can find one..smiles..enjoy meeting others..

I believe God brought me to this site for some good Christian fellowship as I have been without that for some time now but I have already experienced His love here through others..Ahh enough of me now lol...and this is probably almost as long as Mama Dory's after all haha..Looking forward to joining in with you all from time to time and also to resuming my walk with Christ..Putting my trust in God in regards to the plan he has mapped out for me now... YAY! Praise God for all that He will do in my life and for all that He has already done!!...Amen!!:amen::clap::angel:

Ohhh my gudness!! Soz I forgot to reply to everyone after posting in here! :doh:

Thanks for the lufferly welcome! *blushes* Fanks for your kind words, Aussieangel! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.