France reclaims world record after baking baguette measuring 140.53m (461 ft)

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟146,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, those Frenchies enjoy baking baguettes. In France, a nearly 141 meter (461 ft) long baguette was baked, entering the Guinness World Record. The bread was cut up, and divided out to the city and folks living on the streets of Suresnes.

Short summary of the open-access article by The Guardian (<20% in length, for fair usage reasons):

In an article published on May 5, 2024, in The Guardian, Ashifa Kassam reports that a group of bakers from Suresnes, France, successfully broke the world record for the longest baguette, which for the past five years had been held by bakers in Como, Italy. The French bakers began their attempt at 3am and, after 14 hours of kneading, shaping, and baking, their baguette measured 140.53 meters, surpassing the Italian record of 132.62 meters. The sentiment among the French public and the bakers themselves was that the record should rightfully belong to France. The grueling process involved kneading, shaping, and baking the dough on site in front of the public, with the finished baguette expected to be at least 5cm thick and take about eight hours to bake. Once complete, the baguette was measured and shared among the public, as well as distributed to those living on the streets of Suresnes.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟146,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love France! May God save the French people!
Amen to that. I like France also, and hope that the French stick to Christianity (as Europe is declining in religion).

Non-exhaustive list of French things I like: Airbus, architecture, bread, desserts, metric system, Mistral 7B (AI), Notre Dame, and future house (a subgenre of dance music).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟256,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Amen to that. I like France also, and hope that the French stick to Christianity (as Europe is declining in religion).

Non-exhaustive list of French things I like: Airbus, architecture, bread, desserts, Mistral 7B (AI), Notre Dame, and future house (a subgenre of dance music).
I've been to France in 2015 and it's a beautiful country :)

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟146,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been to France in 2015 and it's a beautiful country :)
Same here, well in 2006 and 2009. I was young, but the country was beautiful, especially the mountainous region (Chamonix and Alps).

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0