Montgomery
✟151,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Considering that most portrayals of Wallace in standard history texts *might* include a line like "Wallace renounced segregation later in life" there is not some sort of general "forgiveness" of Wallace.
Okay then I guess they voted for him without forgiving him

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟619,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Okay scratch that one and it’s still not a good record.
I am amazed at how Democrats like Byrd and George Wallace can just change their minds and all is forgiven.

That's sort of the basis of our religion. Repentance.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟328,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn’t mean to be disrespectful.
Generally speaking, telling someone what they think is disrespectful. Doesn't really matter if you phrase as "likely" or "probably".
Some of the things you say about Trump apply to Biden.
That he's not a shining paragon of virtue? Sure, but I never made that claim. I said that he comes across as a fundamentally good person. Good people can still make mistakes. Was he always a good person? I don't know - I wasn't around in the '70s. What matters is that he is now, when he's running for President. You'll notice that I generally don't bring up things that Trump said or did in the '80s and '90s as negatives (unless he's continued saying/doing them in the present) - people can change, and I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt
I couldn’t vote for Biden if he was a Republican
And yet you say you'll vote for Trump, despite only some of the negatives that apply to Trump applying to Biden? I'm having difficulty understanding your logic. Are you saying that, in a Trump v. Biden race, with policy positions reversed (Trump running as Trump, but on the Democratic platform; Biden running as Biden, but on the Republican platform), you wouldn't vote for Biden?

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟151,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Generally speaking, telling someone what they think is disrespectful. Doesn't really matter if you phrase as "likely" or "probably".

That he's not a shining paragon of virtue? Sure, but I never made that claim. I said that he comes across as a fundamentally good person. Good people can still make mistakes. Was he always a good person? I don't know - I wasn't around in the '70s. What matters is that he is now, when he's running for President. You'll notice that I generally don't bring up things that Trump said or did in the '80s and '90s as negatives (unless he's continued saying/doing them in the present) - people can change, and I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt

And yet you say you'll vote for Trump, despite only some of the negatives that apply to Trump applying to Biden? I'm having difficulty understanding your logic. Are you saying that, in a Trump v. Biden race, with policy positions reversed (Trump running as Trump, but on the Democratic platform; Biden running as Biden, but on the Republican platform), you wouldn't vote for Biden?
I didn’t vote for Trump in the primaries. I haven’t said that I will vote for him in the general but if I do I will be voting against Biden.
I couldn’t vote for someone who is that impaired cognitively no matter what party they ran in.
And I apologize for making you feel disrespected. You generally debate with respect and reason and don’t resort to insults and personal attacks and I respect you for that.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: RocksInMyHead
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟565,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟565,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is at least one intermediate step before "real jail". Every courthouse has a lockup where defendants are held including as punishment for contempt. That courthouse also likely has windowless interior rooms that could do duty as a lockup The judge could sentence him to spend the lunch break in an empty room by himself with no devices or other materials.
Can he please at least have him face a corner for 10 minutes?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟328,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn’t vote for Trump in the primaries. I haven’t said that I will vote for him in the general but if I do I will be voting against Biden.
I couldn’t vote for someone who is that impaired cognitively no matter what party they ran in.
Knowing the amount of actual control that the President wields over policy, as well as the number of staff, aides, and cabinet members around to keep things in line, I'd much rather a president who wasn't "all there" than one who attacks the democratic process, stirs up dissent, actively defies the legal system, is erratic in his dealings with foreign countries, and is generally just a horrible human being.

And, for the record, I think that right-wing media has overly exaggerated any cognitive difficulties that Biden may or may not face. He's certainly not as sharp as he was 20 years ago (and neither is Trump, for that matter), but I don't think he's the senile old man that Fox News claims he is either.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟151,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Knowing the amount of actual control that the President wields over policy, as well as the number of staff, aides, and cabinet members around to keep things in line, I'd much rather a president who wasn't "all there" than one who attacks the democratic process, stirs up dissent, actively defies the legal system, is erratic in his dealings with foreign countries, and is generally just a horrible human being.

And, for the record, I think that right-wing media has overly exaggerated any cognitive difficulties that Biden may or may not face. He's certainly not as sharp as he was 20 years ago (and neither is Trump, for that matter), but I don't think he's the senile old man that Fox News claims he is either.
Noted. Please see my edited post

Reactions: RocksInMyHead
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟155,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Haha
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟155,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay scratch that one and it’s still not a good record.
I am amazed at how Democrats like Byrd and George Wallace can just change their minds and all is forgiven.
When one “sees the light”?
Isn’t this the very model of Christianity?
Odd of you to disavow this in the political realm.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟155,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Considering that most portrayals of Wallace in standard history texts *might* include a line like "Wallace renounced segregation later in life" there is not some sort of general "forgiveness" of Wallace.
Naw, he “cleaned-up” good.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟155,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh no, they’re going to give him exactly what he clearly wants and has been trying to get this whole time.
The “Trump Letters From Prison” book will sell real good!

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟313,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The “Trump Letters From Prison” book will sell real good!

"Post from a Manhattan Courthouse conference room" (Original - sharpie on legal pad, 1 page)

THE CRAZY, TRUMP HATING JUDGE HAS LOCKED UP YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT (ME) FOR POSTING TO TRUTH SOCIAL ABOUT HIS CORRUPT RULING ON BEHALF OF CORRUPT HILLARY AND SLEEPY JOE (FAKE PRESIDENT AND LOSER). NO PRESIDENT HAS EVER BEEN SO POORLY TREATED BY ANYONE. NOT EVEN LINCOLN WHEN HE GOT SHOT HAD IT SO BAD. LINCOLN GOT TO GO TO A COMEDY PLAY AND I MUST STAY IN THIS HORRIBLE COURTHOUSE WHERE THEY BELIEVE THE LIES OF THAT ROTTEN LIAR MICHAEL COHEN ABOUT AN AFFAIR I DIDN'T HAVE WITH STORMY DANIELS. (WHO LIES ABOUT MY XXXX.) I WOULD NEVER CHEAT ON MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE MELANIE OR ABANDON OUR SON (THE SKINNY ONE). IT IS ALL A BIG LIE TO KEEP ME FROM GOING TO OUR WONDERFUL RALLYS WHERE YOU ADORE ME SO MUCH, YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT (TRUMP), SO WE CAN STOP THEM FROM STEALING OUR ELECTION AGAIN. THE HORRIBLE, CORRUPT, JUDGE HAS KEPT ME IN THE UGLY ROOM FOR THE LUNCH BREAK AND ONLY BROUGHT ME A TUNA SANDWICH AND A DIET PEPSI.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟619,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes but is it repentance or is it done to survive politically?
He was old school, so he probably wouldn't have been voted out, but my understanding is that he credited his son's death with part of his racial epiphany, expressed public regret for his previous behavior, and he went on to have his actions match his words. Most people are a mixed bag. Some of the worst humans on the planet have some good qualities and loves or has someone who loves them. Few are 100% rotten.

Upvote 0