Minnesota
✟219,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Cuellar is the second sitting Democrat to face charges. In September, federal authorities charged U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) with using his power on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to steer business toward political allies. A raid of his home revealed gold bars and hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash socked away in hiding places, prompting Menendez to claim that he always carried getaway assets as a result of his upbringing in communist Cuba.

He deserved a fair trial and should be presumed innocent until a jury decides.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Cuellar is the second sitting Democrat to face charges. In September, federal authorities charged U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) with using his power on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to steer business toward political allies. A raid of his home revealed gold bars and hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash socked away in hiding places, prompting Menendez to claim that he always carried getaway assets as a result of his upbringing in communist Cuba.

Biden’s DOJ going after its own?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

he faces 2 Republicans in the upcoming election

:)

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,125,877.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
he faces 2 Republicans in the upcoming election

:)
Since his district is one that always goes Democratic, Cuellar will be reelected--because the voters won't want to see a presidential candidate whose crimes make Cuellar's look like pocketing a pack of gum at a convenience store get a Congressional majority (should that candidate unfortunately win.)

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
what is Laefare?
I believe our mutual friend was having a joke with the term “political Lawfare” being a term used to decry the various separate prosecutions of a certain ex-President.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Seeing all the articles from the left and right about investigations of politicians proves those clowns are crooks.
It’s the “system”…politicians have to raise money to campaign and needing money is the stairway to the ethics-furnace.
The only “honest politicians” there are, no longer draw breath, and never did.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s the “system”…politicians have to raise money to campaign and needing money is the stairway to the ethics-furnace.
The only “honest politicians” there are, no longer draw breath, and never did.
Yes it is. We need to think of a better way. Thx for explaining "laefare" I learned a new word.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟837,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
PILOTICAL LAEWFARE!

I TTOOO0O000LD ALLYALLS!!!!!

1715118456702.png

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I TTOOO0O000LD ALLYALLS!!!!!

View attachment 347392
Oh lookie, a Very Dear Close Personal friend of mine is being raked across the coals by this crooked guy wWho won’t even go out of his way to take it easy on his own guys!? What chance do I HAVE!?

And it’s suddenly back to TheOne again, somehow.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟837,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Defence for Bob Menendez casts blame on senator's wife

Nadine Menendez "kept him in the dark" on financial matters, the politician's attorney, Avi Weitzman, told the jury.

But prosecutor Lara Pomerantz said Mr Menendez, 70, used his wife as a go-between in trading political influence for money, gifts and gold bars.

He married Nadine Menendez ... in 2020.

Mr Menendez's defence team painted a different picture of the senator's marriage, portraying Mrs Menendez as a financially troubled individual who left her husband out of her scramble to resolve money problems and "to get cash and assets any way she could".

A gold(bar)digger! I have my doubts that Bob will escape the bus he's throwing his wife under, but we'll see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums