✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
FrumiousBandersnatch said:
Deceptive how? they've fled a war in their home country; that makes them refugees. You don't have to be poor to be a refugee. How is it crass to be able to pay your way?
They are privileged compared to those who have nothing, but if you were a refugee with a mobile phone and the number of a lawyer who might be able to help, wouldn't you complain if someone took you phone so you couldn't get legal help? I'm guessing the lawyers are mainly working with the various aid agencies; I'd imagine those wealthy enough to afford personal lawyers could afford to go and live somewhere else for the duration. No-one would go on the 'refugee trail' who could afford not to.
? not sure who you mean here - some refugees have had their phones taken.
It would be heartless, if true; but Saudi Arabia has taken in about a million 'migrants' from Syria since 2010 (technically not refugees under international law because the Gulf States aren't signatories to the UNHCR convention). I agree that they probably have the resources to do a fair bit more.
I must've missed that piece about Saudi Arabia.

Where did you find that information?

Thank you kindly.

Apparently one must be subscribed to read the article you linked to, as i could not access it.

Any other sources, that are after December, 2015?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I read not too long ago that rapes and criminal activities has gone down by 50% since tightening the borders and deportation of Muslims.

"The summary of total rape statistics dominated by 50% in total by Muslim immigrants coincides with similar figures from Sweden. It is important to pay attention that Muslims who only comprise of 1.5% of the total population in Norway, stand for 50% of the entire country’s rape statistics – highly and aggressively over represented."

Christian charity does not extend to serpents.

Now you guys know the reason why Norway is acting in such a way. The European Christian nations England, France, Neterlands etc have left God in their majority and so God is in the process of giving their country to strangers as Isaiah prophesied God would do.

Dan.

Apparently many agree with your findings, and the numbers of countries that agree is growing.

As a side note, those in the UK who are in favor of BREXIT and voted for it were driven quite largely by the the above.

Those who are allowed to find refuge in a country should remember they are "guests" in said country and not return evil for kindness.

At the very least, it's "impolite" and downright insulting and oooooogly to bite and/or smack or spit on the hand that feeds you and had compassion on you.

Never should evil be returned for kindness and compassion offered.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Refugees should be dealt with as refugees and not as immigrants. They should be accepted on a temporary basis until they can return to their native country.

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by refugees vs immigrants?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by refugees vs immigrants?

Thank you kindly.

Refugees are sheltered temporarily as guests, immigrants become citizens.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟328,728.00
Faith
Atheist
i thought you were not subscribed to Newsweek....
I'm not subscribed to Newsweek.
how were you able to read it?
I opened the link in my browser, and there it was. For me, the whole article is available, complete with comments, and an offer to subscribe. I don't know why it's different for you.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not subscribed to Newsweek.
I opened the link in my browser, and there it was. For me, the whole article is available, complete with comments, and an offer to subscribe. I don't know why it's different for you.

i don't know....when i attempted to read past the title it was blocked and the only options were to subscribe or sign in if yer already subscribed.

Perhaps it's changed now?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. Being dead poor isn´t a requirement for being a refugee.

I have considered your opinion seriously, but alas, i must disagree.

Thank you, however, for sharing your opinion.

It matters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's rather crass, and deceptive to come off as a "refugee" and take resources from those in dire, life threatening horrors where they are fleeing for their lives and have NOTHING at all.

They sound privileged and are whining about cell phones and no access to "lawyers", etc. When those in serious need have NONE of that.

It's not only insulting, it's heartless to take away from those who really need the help that is offered. It's also heartless for Saudi Arabia to offer NOTHING to any of the refugees.

Well ..... they dress well and have nice-looking bicycles. They do not appear to be
tired, poor, huddled masses, wretched refuse...... However, if necessary, my entire family would seek safety, of course. I don't believe we'd take much in the way of supplies.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I can still open and view the page without restriction <shrug>.

Unfortunately i cannot.

Where else did you say that there was something documented about Saudi Arabia taking in any refugees?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟328,728.00
Faith
Atheist
Where else did you say that there was something documented about Saudi Arabia taking in any refugees?
The Huffington Post as linked previously. There's more info available via search engines; I thought it was worth linking to one that highlighted the issue concerning the UNHCR definition of refugees.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Huffington Post as linked previously. There's more info available via search engines; I thought it was worth linking to one that highlighted the issue concerning the UNHCR definition of refugees.

The writer of the piece in the Huffington Post, Anhvinh Doanvo, is strikingly critical, if not insulting to the many countries that welcomed refugees with open arms.

Seriously?

Then he goes about in a round about way to say that the information that Saudi Arabia didn't take in refugees is wrong, deceptive, etc. Then goes on to appear to be speaking that's it's wrong and just is, without clarity on why the information is wrong.

Nevertheless, to disparage and insult the countries that took in refugees willingly, is horrific.

Are there any credible, unbiased sources that can back up that Saudi Arabia as well as other wealthy Muslim countries opened their arms, doors, and borders to refugees?

I'm unable, to find any, as of this writing.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0