✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
:D :D :D

I just can't stand the whining and the posturing... If she has an issue with the practice of closed communion, she could at least have the common courtesy of discussing it with you respectfully, instead of being antagonistic exactly where she knows that y'all can't defend yourselves. Total hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

SPALATIN

Lifetime friend of Dr. Luther
May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DanHead said:
:D :D :D

I just can't stand the whining and the posturing... If she has an issue with the practice of closed communion, she could at least have the common courtesy of discussing it with you respectfully, instead of being antagonistic exactly where she knows that y'all can't defend yourselves. Total hypocrisy.

So we will defend ourselves here. The intolerance of anyone posting there from the LCMS is interesting since they claim to be so tolerant.

Danhead is welcome here anytime.

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
SPALATIN said:
So we will defend ourselves here. The intolerance of anyone posting there from the LCMS is interesting since they claim to be so tolerant.

Danhead is welcome here anytime.

KEPLER said:
Seconded!

:blush: Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

SPALATIN

May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
KEPLER said:
However, you have to check your lemur at the door...you can keep your gun, but Lemurs are such a mess, and we just got this place carpeted....

Hey,

We have been critiqued on Lutherquest.org. Discussion thread titled "Lutherquest's own on Issues etc." About 3/4 the way down on the post by Eric Obermeyer. I think he nails it on the head pretty well.

Upvote 0

Zoomer

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟19,830.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What a moronic song. I am sure they would be offended and hop over here if the shoe was on the other foot. Now I know why I drive 25 minutes to an LCMS church when there are 5 ELCA churches that are closer. It is always that ones the are "open" that tend to be more judgemental and rude.

Upvote 0

LutherNut

Barefoot Bible Reader
Aug 15, 2005
✟2,254.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SPALATIN said:
Hey,

We have been critiqued on Lutherquest.org. Discussion thread titled "Lutherquest's own on Issues etc." About 3/4 the way down on the post by Eric Obermeyer. I think he nails it on the head pretty well.

Hit it on the head and drove it home. One thing that they failed to mention is that all of the Lutheran mods on this forum are also ELCA. That may help explain some things.

Jay:wave:

Upvote 0

SPALATIN

May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Angelus Sax on ELCA Subforum said:
Closed communion makes others pass a litany test set up by a human hierarchy before that hierarchy deems them worthy to receive Christ.

The Christ presented in the Gospels went to those least deserving of all. The outcasts, the sinners, the tax collectors... He went to them and said "Here I am."
Quite frankly, it isn't about your worthiness to receive communion. We can't truly know the heart of another person. It is about the confession you make. The ELCA has said they don't take quia the Confessions. To most of the synod they are just another source of understanding scripture. They hold no particular import. But the LCMS does take the confessions seriously (not as much as scripture). But hey we have had this argument many times before.

I am posting this here because if I did it on your subforum I would get deleted and you know it. All you guys want is the ability to say what you want and not have anyone refute it as error. Well I may not be able to do it on your forum but I will do it here.

Upvote 0

KEPLER

Crux sola est nostra theologia
Mar 23, 2005
3rd Rock from the Sun
✟12,398.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
SPALATIN said:
Quite frankly, it isn't about your worthiness to receive communion. We can't truly know the heart of another person. It is about the confession you make. The ELCA has said they don't take quia the Confessions. To most of the synod they are just another source of understanding scripture. They hold no particular import. But the LCMS does take the confessions seriously (not as much as scripture). But hey we have had this argument many times before.

I am posting this here because if I did it on your subforum I would get deleted and you know it. All you guys want is the ability to say what you want and not have anyone refute it as error. Well I may not be able to do it on your forum but I will do it here.

Scott, is it acceptable within CF rules to post a link to your response above on the ELCA thread? Or is that still consdiered encroachment?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SPALATIN

May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
KEPLER said:
Scott, is it acceptable within CF rules to post a link to your response above on the ELCA thread? Or is that still consdiered encroachment?

I don't know. You could try and see, but my guess is yes it is encroachment. I personally wish they would all go away and have their own little forum where I don't have the opportunity to read their gross errors.

Upvote 0

KEPLER

Mar 23, 2005
3rd Rock from the Sun
✟12,398.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
SPALATIN said:
I don't know. You could try and see, but my guess is yes it is encroachment. I personally wish they would all go away and have their own little forum where I don't have the opportunity to read their gross errors.

Yeah, like a train wreck...you know you shouldn't look, but....

Or maybe it's more like the Ice Cream in the freezer, you know you shoudn't, but you do, and then you feel horrible and bloated afterwards....:sick:

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
SPALATIN said:
I fully agree. It is deception and a lampoon to have thir arguments defended and protected in a forum named Confessional Lutherans. Thair crap belongs in Liberal Theology and/or a Unitarian forum, and nowhere else.

Upvote 0

KEPLER

Mar 23, 2005
3rd Rock from the Sun
✟12,398.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I was going to say something snarky about "litany test" :scratch: ...but I'm trying to keep my cool...

I was grading a student's paper once (gave him a C-), and in an email reply to me he said something to me about "reading him the ride act". Heh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.