Oregon
✟18,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a pretty big fan, just finished reading Rhythm of War and am really excited for him to finish out this first half of the cosmere. I think we are about to see crossovers like crazy. I am a member of 17th Shard fansite but a lot of those members have spoiler level knowledge of things that Brandon hasn't written in-book yet and I don't really like being on that site because of how spoilery it is. Anyway idk if this forum has a friend feature but add me so as new books come out we can nerd out on them.

Reactions: Isaiah 2:22

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟609,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a pretty big fan, just finished reading Rhythm of War and am really excited for him to finish out this first half of the cosmere. I think we are about to see crossovers like crazy. I am a member of 17th Shard fansite but a lot of those members have spoiler level knowledge of things that Brandon hasn't written in-book yet and I don't really like being on that site because of how spoilery it is. Anyway idk if this forum has a friend feature but add me so as new books come out we can nerd out on them.

I've never read any of his stuff, but do you have a recommendation for a first-time read of his?

...Could be I'm a fan, and didn't even know it! :)

Upvote 0

KingsK.H.R.R.S

Holy, Righteous, Ratchet Squad
Mar 12, 2021
Oregon
✟18,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've never read any of his stuff, but do you have a recommendation for a first-time read of his?

...Could be I'm a fan, and didn't even know it! :)

So just an FYI Brandon Sanderson was the one that Robert Jordan's widow penned to finish the Wheel of Time series, so if you are already into that then I'd say that him finishing WoT put him on the map in a big way.

I always recommend new people to read his original Mistborn trilogy. It's a perfect into to Brandon. He's all about awesome magic systems that make sense and follow rules, and that is because all of his books (well most of them) all take part in the same universe that is slowly starting to come together. Like the Dark Tower series only waaaaaaaay bigger.

After mistborn trilogy you have multiple ways to go, I personally started back to his first published book and read though in publication order, I feel like that's the "funnest" way because you can watch him slowly start trickling out the secrets of his Cosmere as you also are learning more about what's going on. His BIG series is The Stormlight Archive and he just finished the 4th book out of planned 10 book series November 2020.

So for me:
Mistborn Trilogy
Elantris + Novella
Warbreaker
2nd Mistborn Trilogy
Mistborn Secret History
Stormlight Archive

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

KingsK.H.R.R.S

Holy, Righteous, Ratchet Squad
Mar 12, 2021
Oregon
✟18,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rhythym of war ended in a great way. Sets up the next story and I look forward to Szeth's perspective and development.
I think the Cosmere is about to blow up and I can't wait. I started reading Sanderson 9 years ago (wow!) and so to finally start getting some answers it's got me stoked.

Upvote 0