About the return of Jesus in the Bible, how will the prophecies come true?

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
You are missing the point of describing it as "a story." Because history, is His (Jesus') story..."It is finished." Granted, it is an abstract notion, but that is simply because it is a foreign concept to you. Anyway, what is not finished, is Him telling the story to us through the pages of our lives. However...just because we are last to hear the story, does not change the fact that it is finished...and yet it was finished before we were born.

You asked.

If the story is "finished", then why does he need to return some day, with a sword in his mouth, no less?? That would seem to make a pretty good story in its own right, no?

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the story is "finished", then why does he need to return some day, with a sword in his mouth, no less?? That would seem to make a pretty good story in its own right, no?
It is as a story that is completely written, indeed "finished", but not known to those who come into the story in the final chapters: they know the first parts of the story, but not the end..."except" what is written and has been foretold. Some read and believe, and some read and do not believe, because they have no sense or faith in the handwriting.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let me understand this........the Jews of the first century made comment on the absence of leprechauns!??
The proposition that Jesus and leprechauns are sociologically comparable constitutes a false analogy.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
First of all, why would he leave in the first place? Why doesn't anyone ever ask this question?
This is one of the best questions ever.
And one almost never answered truthfully with understanding.
Ask yourself this - Who specifically calls Himself the Good Shepherd ?
Then what does He say about the Good Shepherd vs the hirelings ?
And whose voice are the sheep supposed to listen to TODAY, according to Him ?
Strangest question of all following this:
Why don't they ?
Why do only some listen to and follow the Good Shepherd ?
(All these are answered very simply in Scripture; plainly).

Upvote 0

devolved

Sep 4, 2013
US
✟67,927.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This is one of the best questions ever.
And one almost never answered truthfully with understanding.
Ask yourself this - Who specifically calls Himself the Good Shepherd ?
Then what does He say about the Good Shepherd vs the hirelings ?
And whose voice are the sheep supposed to listen to TODAY, according to Him ?
Strangest question of all following this:
Why don't they ?
Why do only some listen to and follow the Good Shepherd ?
(All these are answered very simply in Scripture; plainly).

So your answer as to why Jesus left would then be.... ? If you re-read what you've said, then it should be obvious that you thought it was a great question, and then you went on a separate tangent and never actually answered the question.

Upvote 0

Dan Bert

Dan
Dec 25, 2015
Cold Lake Alberta
✟10,517.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The prophecies...are about the beginning at the millennium and about the last great war between the sons of light and the sons of darkness where Christ shows up with His angels to fight. Prophecies should not be interpreted by the blind. The first prophecy that people should understand is that Jesus will come as a thief in the Night. Like a robber that comes in the night and steals because no one is awake. Only those who are spiritually awaken will be ready for Christ return at the beginning of the Millennium for these the prophecy does not apply. Christ's Return is described in the prophets and also described by the angel at His ascension. The angel said His return would be like his ascension. How many were there? about 500 were on hand for His ascension...the rest of the world missed it because they were asleep spiritually. The few the Elect were on hand to see Him go to heaven and only a few will be on hand for His return at the beginning of the millennium. I will tell you why after I post at least one verse.

Acts 1:11 - Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from
you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The reason why Jesus will not make an Entrance where the whole world sees Him at this time. Jesus is still forbidden to do anything to take men's agency. At the beginning of the millennium, there still will be many religions, only this time men of good heart will be staying in the world. The plan of salvation is not ended until the last battle at the end of the millennium. Then all those in this world shall see him come down from heaven with the angels.

And in the millennium only those chosen by God shall do missionary work. It is not my job to teach prophecies along with the Scriptures only to point people who read my posts into the right direction. Another reason why Jesus shall come as a thief in the night is also because the blind are interpreting the prophecies and teaching the Scriptures. The world is still asleep spiritually and will remain so. Only those who become the Elect will not be asleep and will know when Jesus knows. The rest of world will not know nor believe the Elect.

At first when I was a young man I had spent many years studying prophecies. Going from one teacher to another. Only to find out it was all in vain for none of them had the truth. They all had a portion of the truth which contributed to mis-lead. There is no better way to know the truth than to get truth from the Spirit of truth.

Dan

Today, I read two Bible scriptures, which arouses my interest. It is written in John 14:3, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” And it says Acts 1:11, “this same Jesus … shall so come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven.” Many people are impatient for Jesus's return in the last times.But, when it comes to the great event of Jesus's return, will He really come on a cloud as we imagine? will the prophecies be fulfilled in the same way as we think? Then, in what manner will the Lord Jesus come? How do you think about these two scriptures? Do you have any different views? Welcome to contribute.

Reactions: Chriliman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Could Hebrews be considered an ad hoc explanation for Jesus not returning during the lives of his disciples, as he is alleged to have claimed?
Some might choose to view it that way while others consider it an inspired revelation.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are two concepts which don't seem to have any legitimate biblical basis.

1. That angels and God don't have bodies.

2. That time didn't exist before the BB or before God created the universe.

Upvote 0

Dan Bert

Dan
Dec 25, 2015
Cold Lake Alberta
✟10,517.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Shemster this law applies to the natural man. Spiritual man is not deceives nor is his interpretation of the prophecies private. The Spirit of truth reveals it to him. If the Lord does not wish the world to have its true meaning then he is told to keep it to himself. At the Ascension about 500 were on hand to see Jesus do into the heaven. At his coming the faithful which are few will know about it and only they will know about...The world like Israel will still be waiting for their Lord. That is because they are expecting Jesus according to their precepts and traditions.
The difference between Servants and Friends (Spiritual man)
John 15:15 - Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Jesus will have already come and the Hebrews will not believe it until Jesus Himself goes to them, and says
Zechariah 13:6 - And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. KJV etc.

dan

There is a law of prophecy just like there is a law of gravity.
Prophecy is never understood until AFTER the event happens.
So....don't spend too much time looking into it. Enjoy life in Christ instead!

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Today, I read two Bible scriptures, which arouses my interest. It is written in John 14:3, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” And it says Acts 1:11, “this same Jesus … shall so come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven.” Many people are impatient for Jesus's return in the last times.But, when it comes to the great event of Jesus's return, will He really come on a cloud as we imagine? will the prophecies be fulfilled in the same way as we think? Then, in what manner will the Lord Jesus come? How do you think about these two scriptures? Do you have any different views? Welcome to contribute.

One thing which many Christians seem to ignore is that the return of Jesus is associated with many events which constitute a great tribulation prior to the reestablishment of a paradise Earth. This is mentioned in Mathew chapter fourteen and in the book of Revelation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The only way Jesus could possibly be taken seriously (if he turned up in the near future) is if he were to display his powers openly. Exactly that which he's not done these last 2000 years. Anything less than a parting of seas or similar will result in instant dismissal and/or a ride to the nearest mental health facility.
Curious! I once saw a film where Jesus had returned to Earth and was temporarily detained in a highly militarized maximum security facility.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why would you think He existed at all?
Pontius Pilate believed he existed as historical documentation clearly shows.
Outside of the four Gospels, Pontius Pilate is mentioned by Tacitus, Philo, and Josephus. In addition, the “Pilate Stone,” discovered in 1961 and dated c. A.D. 30, includes a description of Pontius Pilate and mentions him as “prefect” of Judea.
http://www.gotquestions.org/Pontius-Pilate.html

Also, the first-century historian Josephus who meticulously documented the Roman siege of Jerusalem and it's destruction mentions Jesus and Jesus' brother James as well.

Outside of the four Gospels, Pontius Pilate is mentioned by Tacitus, Philo, and Josephus. In addition, the “Pilate Stone,” discovered in 1961 and dated c. A.D. 30, includes a description of Pontius Pilate and mentions him as “prefect” of Judea.

Josephus and the Gospel of Luke
http://www.josephus.org/LUKECH.html

More significantly, the Jews have never accused Jesus as never having existed and if such had been the case, you can rest assured that they of all people would have immediately latched on to that fact as a way to discredit Christianity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Curious! I once saw a film where Jesus had returned to Earth and was temporarily detained in a highly militarized maximum security facility.
A film. Yes indeed.
Someone said recently there are over 1000 "Messiahs" all claiming to be "Jesus" walking around. (today).
But instead of all that, what does GOD'S WORD say of JESUS'S RETURN ?
(nothing at all like most people on earth expect)

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A film. Yes indeed.
Someone said recently there are over 1000 "Messiahs" all claiming to be "Jesus" walking around. (today).
But instead of all that, what does GOD'S WORD say of JESUS'S RETURN ?
(nothing at all like most people on earth expect)
But in that film he turned out to have been the genuine article and not a false Messiah.
But you are right. Most films are based on misconceptions of what the return of Jesus really involves.

Upvote 0