About the return of Jesus in the Bible, how will the prophecies come true?

little stream

Mar 1, 2016
Berlin
✟7,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today, I read two Bible scriptures, which arouses my interest. It is written in John 14:3, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” And it says Acts 1:11, “this same Jesus … shall so come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven.” Many people are impatient for Jesus's return in the last times.But, when it comes to the great event of Jesus's return, will He really come on a cloud as we imagine? will the prophecies be fulfilled in the same way as we think? Then, in what manner will the Lord Jesus come? How do you think about these two scriptures? Do you have any different views? Welcome to contribute.

Last edited:

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,163,914.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Today, i read two Bible scriptures, which arouses my interest. It is written in John 14:3, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” And it says Acts 1:11, “this same Jesus … shall so come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven.” Many people are impatient for Jesus's return in the last times.But, when it comes to the great event of Jesus's return, will He really come on a cloud as we imagine? will the prophecies be fulfilled in the same way as we think? Then, in what manner will the Lord Jesus come? How do you think about these two scriptures? Do you have any different views? Welcome to contribute.
I suggest you post this in one of the theology forums, maybe ask a moderator to move it.

Welcome to CF:clap:

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟590,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@little stream

Hi, little stream :) God bless you :) I am Bill :)

First, we need to be ready for the return of Jesus. He says all He says about the end times, but then He says, "be ready", in Matthew 24:44. So, if we get busy only or mostly with finding out what will happen, but we do not give our attention to how to be ready, we are not doing what we need to do, most of all. And the Bible says all it does, about how to become and how to relate in love, and this is what helps us to be ready for our Groom Jesus.

So, feed on God's word about how to live and love and pray.

I consider Matthew chapter 24. To me, this means that at the end the sun will go dark and the moon will, and then up in the dark sky Jesus will brightly shine more intensely than the sun. This will be more than impressive. And He will receive us who are His bride church.

Then there will be clean-up, of all the evil. It will go to the flaming sewer which burns with fire and brimstone. And Satan and his are vessels of the spirit of selfishness (Ephesians 2:2) which is going to the flaming sewer. So, it is important how we make sure none of that filthy stuff of pride and lust is in us >

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 5:31-32)

Be ready by becoming pure in love :)

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Been waiting for 2000 years. When do you finally acknowledge that you have been left at the altar?

So you believe He was here, people write about Him, He left,
but not that He will return? That's weird.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The philosophical stance is, probably, theres no material test for Jesus. No DNA for example, or no fingerprints. So the second coming would have to be a purely social construct.

Meaning, if widely accepted this would make it a "truth" the second time around. Remember, the Jews didnt accept Jesus. Its a sociological thing, and what holds faith up is (from this perspective) agreement and culture.

There have been various "christs" and "prophecies fullfuilled". I was for example reading some Baha'i prayers earlier. The Muslim aothorities - I habve been told - supress the faith as inauthentic, and yet some people believe it to be true.

The atheisis might say rerligious consensus begins with a "con"? But I think many faith leaders are, and have been quite sincere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why would you think He existed at all?

Humans exist. It's not far fetched to assume a person existed around which these stories are centered.

There are plenty of characters in history that have seen legends and myths build on their lives.

It's one thing to assume a historical truth in such legends and myths. It's another thing to assume everything said in those legends and myths are historical truths.

Seems kind of logical.

For example, it's a historical fact that Mohammed existed. But that doesn't mean that he actually flew to heaven on a winged horse.......

Reactions: SteveB28
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are plenty of characters in history that have seen legends and myths build on their lives.It's one thing to assume a historical truth in such legends and myths. It's another thing to assume everything said in those legends and myths are historical truths.

I didn't assume. I came to that conclusion after a few years of seeking at age 30.
While both of my parents were associated through family with a church, neither practiced
any religion in their lives or attended any services. My father has always been hostile to religion.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn't assume. I came to that conclusion after a few years of seeking at age 30.
While both of my parents were associated through family with a church, neither practiced
any religion in their lives or attended any services. My father has always been hostile to religion.

Believing something, doesn't make it true.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,462.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Today, i read two Bible scriptures, which arouses my interest. It is written in John 14:3, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

That "place" is Christ's body.

will He really come on a cloud as we imagine?

That "cloud" maybe symbolic. Prepare to be surprised!

Upvote 0

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The only way Jesus could possibly be taken seriously (if he turned up in the near future) is if he were to display his powers openly. Exactly that which he's not done these last 2000 years. Anything less than a parting of seas or similar will result in instant dismissal and/or a ride to the nearest mental health facility.

Upvote 0