• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

You just have to read President Vladimir Putin's public statement in response to Obama.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟707,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh I see what you mean.

Yes then in that sense you are correct. The intel report acknowledges as much.

Having said that, while it was true information released, not nearly enough people were/are thinking about how they reacted to it and are playing right into the hands of Russia - whether they actually ordered the hack or not.

What's good for Russia may be good for the USA too. It may be true that Russia might have wanted Trump because he's friendly with them, but that might be in America's best interest to not be at odds with them. Perhaps tensions could ease, and trade could resume.
Clinton would probably have been favored by ISIS, because Trump was talking tougher against them. But then again, we have to ask if Clinton would have best best for America. Time will tell either way.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The assertion that is being made is that the election was hacked. When it's been pointed out that the election machines and counting was never hacked, then it's brought up that Russia "hacked" the election results by influencing the voters. Again, not true. It was James Comey's announcement of his re-opening of the investigation that influenced the polls.

Who made the claim that the Russians hacked voting machines or records?

We're in agreement though that it's a pretty tight case at this point thatcRussians did hack into American email accounts with the intent of influencing the election, that this was probably ordered by Putin himself, and that the Russians may also be behind other hacks into other American infrastructure, like electricity providers?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟707,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Who made the claim that the Russians hacked voting machines or records?

It's not hard to come to the conclusion that it's what's being referred to when the accusation is made that "Russia hacked the election". Hacking is a term most people understand as being a reference to breaking into computers. When the phrase "hacked the election" is used, it's easily interpreted by the masses as being a reference to the idea that election computers or voting machines were hacked.

We're in agreement though that it's a pretty tight case at this point thatcRussians did hack into American email accounts with the intent of influencing the election, that this was probably ordered by Putin himself, and that the Russians may also be behind other hacks into other American infrastructure, like electricity providers?

I think there has been mention in the past about ISIS and even people here in the U.S. who have been trying to do that. But if Russia really did work to get Trump elected, then it's doubtful they'd now start cyberattacking us.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It's not hard to come to the conclusion that it's what's being referred to when the accusation is made that "Russia hacked the election". Hacking is a term most people understand as being a reference to breaking into computers. When the phrase "hacked the election" is used, it's easily interpreted by the masses as being a reference to the idea that election computers or voting machines were hacked.

Who used the phrase hacked the election? Again we're not denying that Putin ordered people's email to be hacked in order to influence the election?

I think there has been mention in the past about ISIS and even people here in the U.S. who have been trying to do that. But if Russia really did work to get Trump elected, then it's doubtful they'd now start cyberattacking us.

How's that?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟707,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Who used the phrase hacked the election? Again we're not denying that Putin ordered people's email to be hacked in order to influence the election?

Here's a google search that gives many places where the phrase has been used. Pick the source you like most. Google

How's that?

How's what?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Here's a google search that gives many places where the phrase has been used. Pick the source you like most. Google

I just see articles simply using the words 'hacked' and 'election'. It's a lot. Perhaps you could help by linking to the one that you're referring to.

How's what?

Why on Earth would Russia be less likely to use cyber crime once Trump is president?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟707,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just see articles simply using the words 'hacked' and 'election'. It's a lot. Perhaps you could help by linking to the one that you're referring to.

I didn't say there was just one. I said there are many places where the phrase has been used.
Now that you ask for one, here's one: Here’s what you need to know about Russia’s election hacking

Let me know if it's not enough.

Why on Earth would Russia be less likely to use cyber crime once Trump is president?

Would you be inclined to continue threatening or attacking someone that gave you want you wanted?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I didn't say there was just one. I said there are many places where the phrase has been used.
Now that you ask for one, here's one: Here’s what you need to know about Russia’s election hacking

Let me know if it's not enough.

Yup. That's fine. Does the article claim that election results were hacked?

Would you be inclined to continue threatening or attacking someone that gave you want you wanted?

Are you saying President Trump is just going to hand over to Russia any data or information they want?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟707,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yup. That's fine. Does the article claim that election results were hacked?

The title claims that the election was hacked. Surprising that this is a sore point for Democrats--especially Obama himself: Democrats Decry Russia Influencing U.S. Election. FLASHBACK: Obama Admin Funds Group That Tries to Influence Israeli Election.

Are you saying President Trump is just going to hand over to Russia any data or information they want?

Responding to a question with a question of your own without answering isn't going to get you anywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
pepe-putin-640x480.jpg

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟895,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟236,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But the biggest dip in the polls for Clinton happened when OBAMA'S director of the FBI (James Comey) made his announcement. So instead of accusing Putin and Russia of hacking the election, the attention and accusations should be back on Comey and the FBI, which is where it was in the first place.
Slimy, sure, but was that illegal or actionable?

Is the Federalist impartial? It may be a fair article, I haven't had time to check it out, only to read it, so far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,477.00
Faith
Seeker

What does that have to do with the actual article itself?

This is something I've seen just about everytime a Politifact article shows up, and it doesn't make any sense. Someone says something, brings up an article, then someone just dismisses it, saying that Politifact is biased.

Even if I accept that Politifact is biasted, being biased doesn't automatically mean a source is wrong. Just saying the article is biased doesn't invalidate anything in the article. If you think the article is wrong, then read it and point out where the conclusion fails.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟707,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Slimy, sure, but was that illegal or actionable?

I don't know, but it IS what turned the poll numbers around in favor of Trump far more than any "hacking" by the Russians of the election.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Is the Federalist impartial? It may be a fair article, I haven't had time to check it out, only to read it, so far.
There are no impartial media outlets. That much has been made abundantly clear in recent years.

Bias at The Federalist is generally in favor of small and limited government.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟236,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, but it IS what turned the poll numbers around in favor of Trump far more than any "hacking" by the Russians of the election.
The effect of the Russian meddling isn't really knowable, imo. How do you gauge the effect of multiple fake news sites and an army of trolls over the months of campaigning? Comey was the final tipping point but that might have just been the straw that broke the camel's back as it wasn't anything new or critical.

Upvote 0