• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Will the Democratic Party drop Joe Biden?

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟198,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
To me, it would seem un-Democratic to shuffle in some surprise candidate chosen by the government, and not by the electoral process.
A replacement would not be chosen by the government, but by the delegates to the Democratic national convention, a job which they were elected in non-governmental elections to do. The rules governing this process are not laws, but internal rules established by the Democratic party.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟641,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A replacement would not be chosen by the government, but by the delegates to the Democratic national convention, a job which they were elected in non-governmental elections to do. The rules governing this process are not laws, but internal rules established by the Democratic party.
It's unconstitutional if they inject a non-elected person.

The only acceptable solution if the democrats retract Joe, is to sit the 2024 election out completely, and let the other parties continue in their place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesseRaymondBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟465,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He got nervous on debate night that he might get drug tested, so he abstained..? Since that didn't happen, he's back to using again..?

One has to wonder...
I saw that too. I even pointed out to my staff this morning that the Joe Biden at his campaign stop is NOT the same Joe Biden we saw Thursday. Weird.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,279,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Which part of the constitution dictates how political parties can conduct their nominations?

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟264,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

The only acceptable solution if the democrats retract Joe, is to sit the 2024 election out completely, and let the other parties continue in their place.
It's not unconstitutional at all. It's up to the parties to decide how to nominate somebody, and the nomination conventions have rules allowing for new choices to be brought in if the lead candidates can't get enough support. The convention delegates are the ones who pick the nominee.

Having said that, if Joe wants to stay in the race, the Democratic Convention isn't going to get in his way.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟338,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What a difference between Joe on debate night and Joe on the day after. Anyone still not suspicious that Joe's handlers have him on something to get him hopped up for speeches?
If the do, then why get him "hopped up" for a campaign speech that almost no one will see instead of the debate with 50+M live viewers?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟338,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He got nervous on debate night that he might get drug tested, so he abstained..? Since that didn't happen, he's back to using again..?
That is nonsense. There was no provision in the rules to test any participant for drugs. Drug tests can't be involuntarily given to ordinary people. Do you think the Trump campaign was going to force the President of the United States to pee in a cup? Give me a break.
One has to wonder...
I wonder about the reasoning skills of some people.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟641,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is nonsense. There was no provision in the rules to test any participant for drugs. Drug tests can't be involuntarily given to ordinary people. Do you think the Trump campaign was going to force the President of the United States to pee in a cup? Give me a break.

I wonder about the reasoning skills of some people.
Well, he had to stay clean on debate night, in case anyone asked him straight out! If he got caught in a lie, it could mean an investigation, leading to a potential, future impeachment.

...Or perhaps he did the debate straight for his own ego.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟893,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
If he got caught in a lie, it could mean an investigation, leading to a potential, future impeachment.
Nobody is under oath at a debate. Otherwise Trump would have been struck by lightning.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟58,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is that hate?
Calling persons you don't like names and accusing others of making racist statements to me is in essence hateful and hypocritical since the person he supports did the same thing. Notice that two replies to me were from religious types one trying to make excuses and you question why it's hate but don't recognize it, we don't know these guys personally. All the information we have is second-hand. I'm sensitive to the name-calling because I've heard it for years and it goes both ways. White this white that from white people and I take offense; Fascist, Nazi, Hitler, to the people who you don't like, liars, shaming, and forgot deplorable to all who align with Trump.

There are two lenses through which we can view the world, one is love and the other is hate. I'm sure we religious types know what we need to choose.

In the debate, both candidates EXAGERATED their accomplishments and lied. How can I criticize them? Both were weak on policy and if I choose to vote for one of them I'd like to hear more on fixes. The moderator's questions were very good (honestly not what I expected) but both candidates spent half the debate putting each other down. They embarrass me for my generation like kids in a schoolyard, not a president. I can't blame a millennial because unfortunately, we raised you guys in this crap.

I wonder what other leaders think about it coming from a country at the top of the food chain.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟338,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, he had to stay clean on debate night, in case anyone asked him straight out! If he got caught in a lie, it could mean an investigation, leading to a potential, future impeachment.

...Or perhaps he did the debate straight for his own ego.
Did Biden take the time-release version of his uppers by mistake? Because he sure got better throughout the night.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟641,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nobody is under oath at a debate. Otherwise Trump would have been struck by lightning.
Well, then he was preparing himself for the *potential* of taking a drug test to prove himself clean... unbeknownst to all, it would only have been a temporary clean.

• Prayers
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟58,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To me, it would seem un-Democratic to shuffle in some surprise candidate chosen by the government, and not by the electoral process.
Maybe but it's needed don't you think? Coming from an independent point of view.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟641,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe but it's needed don't you think? Coming from an independent point of view.
I feel like the Democratic Party is too entitled, as if this country can't bear to live without them, even though there are plenty of other parties.

Surely there are times when a party gets disqualified, or just sits down.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟893,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well, then he was preparing himself for the *potential* of taking a drug test to prove himself clean... unbeknownst to all, it would only have been a temporary clean.
The conditions of the debate were settled and agreed to by all parties well ahead of the debate.

There is no need for your pointless fantasies.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟58,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw that too. I even pointed out to my staff this morning that the Joe Biden at his campaign stop is NOT the same Joe Biden we saw Thursday. Weird.
I know Joe was under the weather on the night of the debate and cold medicine makes you groggy. Or because both my elderly mother-in-law and mom acted differently in the evening.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟641,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The conditions of the debate were settled and agreed to by all parties well ahead of the debate.

There is no need for your pointless fantasies.
Well, we know his son smokes crack, so who knows what levels of drug use to expect from the Biden family. It's only natural to be concerned, considering he's our president.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟58,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying illegal drugs lol?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟655,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If the do, then why get him "hopped up" for a campaign speech that almost no one will see instead of the debate with 50+M live viewers?
Fear of getting caught perhaps? If they are and did get caught it could destroy/severely damage the democratic party for years if not decades to come.

Upvote 0