• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Why Is Jesus's name constantly used in vain by people and the entertainment media ?

RootedWithGod

Aug 8, 2024
Roseburg, Oregon
✟288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The darkness that satan brings. And those who are happy to devour it.
You can't taste it, you can't smell it. But the darkness is there. With every nude scene they produce, every Lords name in vain they quickly and efficiently.

Man sitting on a bench. A passer by sees him. Picks up a rock and throws it at him.
Passer by, watch in horror as the man is hit in the head nearly falls out of his chair.
Another passer by stands next to the rock thrower and chucks another rock also hitting in the head.
And even still now two new passer by also pick up rocks and all four now throw rocks and the man tumbles to the ground.
This will continue, until those that watched in horror, begin to pick up their own rocks and throw them.
And there there is no one to watch in horror.
That is how satan works. He will pick, and stick, and drag, and claw at you until you give in and see how much easier it is to
deal with sin. When everyone around you doesn't care.
The Lords name is holy and a very high standard of care for all of us. Yet if satan can, get you to laugh and enjoy the mocking.
Soon everyone will mock, and no one to contest it.

Kirk Cameron is starts a show similar to the style of Mr. Rodgers to combat this type of evil.
Its a start. But this constant attack will means one of two things.
We will over come. Or he will return and it all ends now.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2024
BRIGHTON
✟857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Here's something that I absolutely can't stand and am tired of but keep hearing over and over again I want people and the entertainment to stop using Jesus's name in vain.
Maybe stop doing things that a follower of Jesus isn't supposed to be doing in the first place?
We're not supposed to be engaging in worldly activities.
Why are you watching worldly entertainment and exposing yourself to it?
When you choose to do that you rescind your right complain about what they do.

If people where you work or go to school or the bus use the Lord's name like a by-word then that's another story entirely.
It's okay to be annoyed and sad by that but we don't have the right to tell other people especially non-believers how to live and how to speak.

Maybe if people who claim to be followers of Jesus WERE the little copies of Jesus that the name Christian actually means then people wouldn't be using His name like a swear because they would know how beautiful and wonderful and powerful and amazing the Name and He are.

Upvote 0

MassimoTheChristian

Jul 7, 2024
Edmonton
✟7,661.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Maybe stop doing things that a follower of Jesus isn't supposed to be doing in the first place?
We're not supposed to be engaging in worldly activities.
Why are you watching worldly entertainment and exposing yourself to it?
When you choose to do that you rescind your right complain about what they do.

If people where you work or go to school or the bus use the Lord's name like a by-word then that's another story entirely.
It's okay to be annoyed and sad by that but we don't have the right to tell other people especially non-believers how to live and how to speak.

Maybe if people who claim to be followers of Jesus WERE the little copies of Jesus that the name Christian actually means then people wouldn't be using His name like a swear because they would know how beautiful and wonderful and powerful and amazing the Name and He are.
Why am I being blamed again ?

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2024
BRIGHTON
✟857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Why am I being blamed again ?
You, yourself, put all your business out on Front Street and admitted that you were engaging in activities that followers of the Bible and the Lord Jesus are not supposed to be doing.
Don't understand why people constantly think that they can say something and no one's ever going to speak the truth to them.

Upvote 0

RootedWithGod

Aug 8, 2024
Roseburg, Oregon
✟288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was a tweet I think I saw the other day , wish I remembered it source.
But after seeing it I expanded on it. To share with others just and idea.
The lesson was I saw. Take a day and everyone you see, is Jesus. The cashier, the driver that you think cut you off. Maybe
your boss, kids, etc. You get the point. And treat them as if they were the Lord.

So the lesson I expanded on is nothing new in the word. But a lesson none the less was to treat everything I do, like Jesus was standing right next to me. I know 100% the Lord is with me, that is not the perspective per say.
It was to think, hmm as I sit and watch TV would Jesus sit with me and watch this?
We are all sinners, and all fall short. So imagine Jesus hanging with you all day in human form.
He is getting a Hamburger with you, went to the movies and ate popcorn with you.

Its very hard to live a life and try to avoid sin. Especially when sin is broadcast right in front of you.
What I do find disturbing is being hijacked by advertisers. You could be watching the History channel.
And then they throw a commercial with half dressed people and very destructive to the soul to see.
But its there, hard to ignore it because five minutes earlier I was watching Elephants or something.
I know I cant avoid sin. But satan is a sneaky evil thing. That plays with the darkness like its a game of Monopoly.
And we are the game pieces and players he tries to morally bankrupt.
Digress:
IF and when you get caught. Maybe a lesson like that may help pull the Lord back into perspective.

SIDE NOTE:
I wish I was alive 2000 years ago. To have met the Lord. He would have been such
and amazing person to sit around the fire and maybe make smores.
Yes its silly, but God made that silly as well. And I would love to just hang out with him
in human form. I know I can feel him close in my life and I am so grateful. But to just spend some time.
See the smile on his face as he himself talked about God.
I am new here, but this is God is wired in me, some serious and some personal. Just comes out.
But I pray to see him some day. Oh will that be amazing.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟55,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not silly at all. I've often thought about looking forward to sitting at His feet and hearing the Great Storyteller of all regale us with His other deeds He did while here, that John refers to. And also what He experienced the first 30 years before His public ministry. I would especially want to know when in His childhood He became aware that He was the Son of God and lone Messiah, and what that realization was like, or if He always knew since infancy.

And what exactly He and the Father and Holy Spirit were up to in eternity past.

And like you, I really want to see Him smile, and laugh, and tell jokes with His eyes lightened up. You just know He has a great sense of humor - look at the platypus, or the myriad of bizarre sea creatures, or the antics of animals (especially our beloved pets).

It will just be so good to see that His suffering has ended as well as ours, eh? Along with that of the Father and the Holy Spirit, grieved no more.

God bless!

p.s. And yes, did Oswald act alone? And where did I lose my senior ring?

Upvote 0

Deblee

Jul 22, 2024
Missouri
✟3,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Deblee, I'm on the brink of joining you. Over 200 channels and I'm down to maybe 5 - and that depends on what program is on at any given moment. I confess, part of my unwillingness to send the thing to the dumpster is that my Apt. makes us pay for Cable whether we like it or not.

So... every time I turn it on (which is getting less and less frequent) I say a prayer that I'll be led to a godly program. Sometimes I'll catch a sermon on one of the public channels from a local church (which I listen to carefully to flip away from if anything heretical is perceived) and mostly am edified in fellowshipping with God.

I also really love to watch nature shows so I can revel with Him over the awesomeness of His creation. His witness is in everything! I especially enjoy how He demonstrates His keen sense of humor through animal's antics with each other and humans. And object lessons that I use in my witness.

Also enjoy the history channel (though have to watch with great discernment), especially when it concerns nations from Biblical times. It is a frustrating channel, though... what IS the obsession with UFO's and Nazi Germany? FLIP!

Um... well... that's about it. Sitcoms - out. 99% of movies - out. Politics - about 3 mins in and I'm just needlessly agitated and disinterested in the utter minutiae that they debate over. Same with the news - though if it's something that can be pertinent to end-times prophecy I'll watch.

But, like you I'm guessing, I try my level best to be sensitive to the Spirit's conviction should the TV ever become an idol to me again. He's tested me by doing without for 10 years, and I feel peace that I'm doing well. He knows my heart.

The reason I seek to remain sensitive is due to the freedom and deeper fellowship I enjoy with Him after forsaking other idols, like secular music and trashy novels - all to the dumpster and no looking back. I've found true purpose and joy in making Him my primary focus all day, every day.

Just speaking for myself, folks. The biggest surprise I've discovered is that God is perfectly willing and able to entertain us in His way and in His measure, a kind of extra benefit to "making my life a prayer to you." (credit: Keith Green).

God bless!
About 20 years ago, I noticed that all of my favorite programs suddenly became much darker. I couldn't stand to watch them anymore. Then I noticed how dark and manipulative the news programs were, so I stopped watching them. That left the weather reports. They kept getting the weather forecast wrong, so I said,"That's it!" and threw it out.

It coincided with the change over to digital. My son says that digital TV makes it easier to subliminally program people, so I always figured it was the Holy Spirit protecting me.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟27,265.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is the only saviour!
John 17:6-10
New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition

“I have made your name known to those whom you gave me from the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything you have given me is from you, for the words that you gave to me I have given to them, and they have received them and know in truth that I came from you, and they have believed that you sent me.
I am asking on their behalf; I am not asking on behalf of the world but on behalf of those whom you gave me, because they are yours.
All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I have been glorified in them."

Greater is the One that serves.

Upvote 0