• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Why did Jesus not explicitly spell out that he was God in the Gospels?

JesusFollowerForever

Disciple of Jesus
Jan 19, 2024
quebec
✟40,923.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mr, Spock, true pure faith is superior to logic anytime.
tony by the verses I used you did understand that Jesus DID publicly proclaim he was God, there are also other verses let me reacp 4 u,

• John 10:30: "I and my Father are one."
  • John 8:58: "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."
  • John 14:9: "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"
  • Matthew 28:18: "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
  • John 1:1: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
  • John 5:18: "Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God."
  • Matthew 9:2-6: (Jesus forgives sins, which leads to accusations of blasphemy) "But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house."
  • Mark 2:7: (After healing a paralytic) "Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?"

many verses directly say he did day he was God, others people say he was GOD, why do you say he did not proclaim he was GOD in the gospels? because he did not use your words G1="I Am GOD" Was this the only way for jesus to say he was GOD? Jesus in John 8:58 used a well known verse so the people assembled there would understand clearly exactly who he claimed to be, in essence GOD, 'I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.'

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟148,771.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tony by the verses I used you did understand that Jesus DID publicly proclaim he was God, there are also other verses let me reacp 4 u,

• John 10:30: "I and my Father are one."
  • John 8:58: "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."
  • John 14:9: "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"
  • Matthew 28:18: "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
  • John 1:1: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
  • John 5:18: "Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God."
  • Matthew 9:2-6: (Jesus forgives sins, which leads to accusations of blasphemy) "But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house."
  • Mark 2:7: (After healing a paralytic) "Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?"

many verses directly say he did day he was God, others people say he was GOD, why do you say he did not proclaim he was GOD in the gospels? because he did not use your words G1="I Am GOD" Was this the only way for jesus to say he was GOD? Jesus in John 8:58 used a well known verse so the people assembled there would understand clearly exactly who he claimed to be, in essence GOD, 'I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.'
Which one of your verses contains G1? That's the question of this OP.

Upvote 0

JEBofChristTheLord

to the Lord
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2005
Topeka, Kansas, USA
Visit site
✟67,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mr, Spock, true pure faith is superior to logic anytime.
Heartily agreed. The word "logic" is merely another word for "words". Its use is as a synonym for "reasoning", and Christ the Lord did not respond encouragingly to "reasoning" between people who are not God. Rather, He simply delivered the words worthwhile to have faith into. I shall prefer His example.

Upvote 0