• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Who is Israel?

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟599,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You have yet to establish it does, even though you were the one who brought it up.

It is not your reader's job to prove a negative.

No, I am not asking you to prove a negative, I am asking you to explain in your views how your theology is consistent with the Nicene Creed, by responding to each specific objection I raised, rather than evading the question.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟235,756.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I am not asking you to prove a negative, I am asking you to explain in your views how your theology is consistent with the Nicene Creed, by responding to each specific objection I raised, rather than evading the question.

and I am saying the Creed made no mention of the New Covenant has been made with us.

You are asking me to prove that it has not, that is proving a negative.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟599,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
and I am saying the Creed made no mention of the New Covenant has been made with us.

You are asking me to prove that it has not, that is proving a negative.

No, that’s incorrect. I am not asking you to prove that the Creed says one thing or another, and I never asked you to do that. All I am asking you to do is to explain what you positively belief the Creed means when it says the following:

And in ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 11:17)
the Son of God, (Mathew 14:33; 16:16)
the Only-Begotten, (John 1:18; 3:16)
Begotten of the Father before all ages. (John 1:2)
Light of Light; (Psalm 27:1; John 8:12; Matthew 17:2,5)
True God of True God; (John 17:1-5)
Begotten, not made; (John 1:18)
of one essence with the Father (John 10:30)
by whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1:1-2)
Who for us men and for our salvation (1Timothy 2:4-5)
came down from Heaven, (John 6:33,35)
and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:35)
and became man. (John 1:14)
And was crucified for us (Mark 15:25; 1Cointhians 15:3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 19:6)
and suffered, (Mark 8:31)
and was buried. (Luke 23:53; 1Corinthians 15:4)
And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures. (Luke 24:1 1Corinthians 15:4)

I am not asking you to prove or disprove anything, but rather, merely explain what you believe the Creed means by that statement, and also, by this statement:

I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins. Ephesians 4:5; Acts 2:38)

Clearly if you believe in the Nicene Creed, and that the Nicene Creed does not contradict your theology, you should be able to explain what those two sections mean with your belief system, even if you had not considered it previously. And that’s all I am asking you to do.

Not to prove your theology is consistent with the Creed, not to prove that my theology is inconsistent with the Creed (which would be to prove a negative).

When asking someone to prove a negative, that merely means the question has been asked in the wrong way - for example, Mormons say they believe in the Trinity, and we can’t dispute that, but we can ask what they mean when they say they believe in the Trinity, and we can positively assert that what they say when they believe in the Trinity is different than what Christians mean, since they do not believe that God consists of three coequal, coeternal and coessential persons, and that Jesus Christ is the incarnation of the Father, consubstantial with Him and consubstantial with us, rather, they merely believe in the Trinity in the sense of a family of three related male deities who are the only legitimate deities who have any legitimate claim on the Earth, and they would agree with that statement.

But if you hold out in refusing to answer my questions, which do not ask you to prove a negative but rather merely ask you to explain what you believe those two portions of the Creed mean, by alleging that I am still asking you to prove a negative, that would be a strawman, which is a logical fallacy.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟235,756.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, that’s incorrect. I am not asking you to prove that the Creed says one thing or another, and I never asked you to do that. All I am asking you to do is to explain what you positively belief the Creed means when it says the following:

And in ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 11:17)
the Son of God, (Mathew 14:33; 16:16)
the Only-Begotten, (John 1:18; 3:16)
Begotten of the Father before all ages. (John 1:2)
Light of Light; (Psalm 27:1; John 8:12; Matthew 17:2,5)
True God of True God; (John 17:1-5)
Begotten, not made; (John 1:18)
of one essence with the Father (John 10:30)
by whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1:1-2)
Who for us men and for our salvation (1Timothy 2:4-5)
came down from Heaven, (John 6:33,35)
and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:35)
and became man. (John 1:14)
And was crucified for us (Mark 15:25; 1Cointhians 15:3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 19:6)
and suffered, (Mark 8:31)
and was buried. (Luke 23:53; 1Corinthians 15:4)
And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures. (Luke 24:1 1Corinthians 15:4)

I am not asking you to prove or disprove anything, but rather, merely explain what you believe the Creed means by that statement, and also, by this statement:

I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins. Ephesians 4:5; Acts 2:38)

Clearly if you believe in the Nicene Creed, and that the Nicene Creed does not contradict your theology, you should be able to explain what those two sections mean with your belief system, even if you had not considered it previously. And that’s all I am asking you to do.

Not to prove your theology is consistent with the Creed, not to prove that my theology is inconsistent with the Creed (which would be to prove a negative).

When asking someone to prove a negative, that merely means the question has been asked in the wrong way - for example, Mormons say they believe in the Trinity, and we can’t dispute that, but we can ask what they mean when they say they believe in the Trinity, and we can positively assert that what they say when they believe in the Trinity is different than what Christians mean, since they do not believe that God consists of three coequal, coeternal and coessential persons, and that Jesus Christ is the incarnation of the Father, consubstantial with Him and consubstantial with us, rather, they merely believe in the Trinity in the sense of a family of three related male deities who are the only legitimate deities who have any legitimate claim on the Earth, and they would agree with that statement.

But if you hold out in refusing to answer my questions, which do not ask you to prove a negative but rather merely ask you to explain what you believe those two portions of the Creed mean, by alleging that I am still asking you to prove a negative, that would be a strawman, which is a logical fallacy.

I am interested in one question, has the new covenant begun for the house of Israel and Judah.

My answer is no.

I am not interested in explaining what the creed is about.

If you want to bring that up, it's your job to explain how is the creed link to my question.

Upvote 0