• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Who is going to adjudge that God is unjust?

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟40,036.00
Faith
Calvinist
God is totally consistent, His Love is perfect, and everything fits perfectly together. It is all very simple, if you do not come up with some "doctrine", which contradicts who God is. There is nothing to "question" about God so that only leaves questioning the doctrine.
Awesome... now you understand how pig-ignorant it is to say "That would make God unjust" ... you won't be saying that.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟348,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Great than you agree with the OP... and will refrain yourself in future from saying the indefensibly vacuous "That would make God unjust"
The reason we follow God and not satan is because weve been shown that He’s good, just, merciful, etc. Those qualities have meaning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟871,357.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Awesome... now you understand how pig-ignorant it is to say "That would make God unjust" ... you won't be saying that.
to say that is to say: what makes God to look unjust has to be wrong, since God is not unjust, by the Bible's explanation of unjust.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟348,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you still capable of indefensibly vacuous statements?
No, but you seem to be. God revealed what justice/righteousness is with the old covenant, then came down here and showed us personally what righteousness is, by who He is. So why shouldn't we know what injustice looks like to Him.

Upvote 0

Paleouss

Oct 23, 2023
Midwest
✟29,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scripture encourages our critical examination of ourselves.

Does it encourage the critical examination go God Himself?
You seem to have left out the option in which I was speaking. So the options should be these.

1. The Scripture encourages our evaluation of ourselves by measuring ourselves against the word of God (the Holy Scripture).
2. The Scripture encourages our evaluation of teachers and prophets by measuring their claims against the word of God (the Holy Scripture).
3. The Scripture teaches that God is above reproach. Man is in no position to judge God or His wisdom and actions.

Since the OP is about the phrase that people say in theological debates "That would make God unjust..." then I suggest that many of those making this statement are engaged in #2. If you are the recipient of this claim, then you are the 'teacher' that is being measured against God's word. This is most assuredly appropriate.

If they are actually condemning God and judging him, well, there is a special place for those that war against God.

My experience is that some people make claims about God and when challenged by other Christians claim, "You are judging God". As if other Christians cannot challenge them as a teacher. But they can and must measure all words from all teachers against the word of God. This is how we know false teachers.

Peace be with you my brother

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟871,357.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you no longer wish to make such pig-ignorant statements?
The reason I would avoid saying: "that would make God unjust" is because the problem is with what "That" is standing in for. Make the statement and then address the issues with the statement and do not jump to the conclusion: "That would make God unjust". Do you have a statement like that you are trying to make?

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟40,036.00
Faith
Calvinist
The reason I would avoid saying: "that would make God unjust" is because the problem is with what "That" is standing in for. Make the statement and then address the issues with the statement and do not jump to the conclusion: "That would make God unjust". Do you have a statement like that you are trying to make?
I never think God could be unjust... I guess that makes me a little different.

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟40,036.00
Faith
Calvinist
No, but you seem to be. God revealed what justice/righteousness is with the old covenant, then came down here and showed us personally what righteousness is, by who He is. So why shouldn't we know what injustice looks like to Him.
I find it ludicrous for you to think you have the capacity to judge God...

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟40,036.00
Faith
Calvinist
You seem to have left out the option in which I was speaking. So the options should be these.

1. The Scripture encourages our evaluation of ourselves by measuring ourselves against the word of God (the Holy Scripture).
2. The Scripture encourages our evaluation of teachers and prophets by measuring their claims against the word of God (the Holy Scripture).
3. The Scripture teaches that God is above reproach. Man is in no position to judge God or His wisdom and actions.
They definitely have trouble with the second part of the 3rd option.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟348,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I find it ludicrous for you to think you have the capacity to judge God...
We have no right to judge Him, and it would do no good anyway, but He gives us the capacity to know what justice is. So if He's acting outside of that then He's already judged Himself.

Our model for God is Jesus. If He went around killing and torturing and promoting such behavior then that would be our God. But, again, He wouldn't be a God that would give us anything worth having. And then it really wouldn't matter how we felt about Him anyway. Again, we're drawn to Him because of His goodness, His justness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟40,036.00
Faith
Calvinist
We have no right to judge Him, and it would do no good anyway, but He gives us the capacity to know what justice is. So if He's acting outside of that then He's already judged Himself.
First you say we have no right to judge Him.

Than you say... He has left us with a mechanism whereby we can judge Him... "but He gives us the capacity to know what justice is... So if He's acting outside of that then He's already judged Himself"

Would you agree that because we have no right to judge Him, we ought not even think to judge Him?

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟40,036.00
Faith
Calvinist
Do you do that by redefining "Just" away from the Biblical meaning we all agree on?
Not at all... rather realising that God is a being who is perfect in all dimensions and degrees.

Such a being... is incapable of imperfection.

Therefore to even think it provable that God could act unjustly, is a categoric error.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟348,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First you say we have no right to judge Him.

Than you say... He has left us with a mechanism whereby we can judge Him... "but He gives us the capacity to know what justice is... So if He's acting outside of that then He's already judged Himself"

Would you agree that because we have no right to judge Him, we ought not even think to judge Him?
That wasn’t phrased well. I mean we have the freedom to judge Him but it does no good, He’s God, we’re not. We actually have the duty to judge right from wrong though, so wrong actions should, indeed, cause us to be wary, to question.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟871,357.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not at all... rather realising that God is a being who is perfect in all dimensions and degrees.

Such a being... is incapable of imperfection.

Therefore to even think it provable that God could act unjustly, is a categoric error.

If your doctrine is unjust than it is not from God.
No one is trying to "proof" God is unjust.

Upvote 0