• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Which Kamala are we voting for?

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟967,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Kamala many are voting for picked a running mate whose own family supports Trump. Go figure!
Families are often divided on politics. Who his family votes for is not relevant.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟293,891.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Just stating facts. Why would that be called desperate? People need to know who they are voting for.
How she washes her greens? That she laughs? That her running mate's brother votes Republican?

Really? This comes across as some kind of SNL sketch.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟339,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You keep thinking that. They know him better than most.
If JD Vance was my second cousin, I still wouldn't vote for him. (and yeah, that's the level of relative we are talking about. I've got dozens of second cousins and I've seen a few of them fairly briefly in the last couple decades. I have no idea what there politics are.)

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟300,041.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Kamala many are voting for picked a running mate whose own family supports Trump. Go figure!

Everyone has some in their family. It takes many kinds to make up the world.

A reminder though, these aren't his immediate family.These are the descendants of Francis Walz, who was brother to Tim Walz’s grandfather.

That would make them, what, second or third cousins once removed?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟293,891.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I understand that he is estranged from his brother, who is a Republican. But then again...so what?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This is when AOC gets put in right?
Right, the next Nancy Pelosi will willingly give up her seat to sit in the President’s cabinet. (If only for the experience of how the executive branch works before she resigns and trounces opposition as she regains her seat and the Speakership!

I forgot who holds the rights, Marvel or DC?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

A reminder though, these aren't his immediate family.These are the descendants of Francis Walz, who was brother to Tim Walz’s grandfather.

I seemed to recall an ad campaign for Ford where “locals” who personally knew Jimmy Carter seemed to have been of a mind, that they all liked him and thought he was a good man and okay governor, but didn't think that he’s make a good president…but the ghost of Watergate felled Ford.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
His family is centrist because some are for him and some are not…why is this a “bad” thing?

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
His family is centrist because some are for him and some are not…why is this a “bad” thing?
This is just as relevant to the discussion as Chaney voting for Kamala. If it’s a big deal when a Republican who only pretends to be one votes for the other party then what Tim Walz’s brother says is relevant. Jeff Walz said: “ "The stories I could tell. Not the type of character you want making decisions about your future."

• Agree
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I seemed to recall an ad campaign for Ford where “locals” who personally knew Jimmy Carter seemed to have been of a mind, that they all liked him and thought he was a good man and okay governor, but didn't think that he’s make a good president…but the ghost of Watergate felled Ford.
Maybe more people should have listened. They were right Carter was not a very good President.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Nice work on the family tree but his brother is a little closer than that and he said “The stories I could tell. Not the type of character you want making decisions about your future."

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟293,891.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is just as relevant to the discussion as Chaney voting for Kamala. If it’s a big deal when a Republican who only pretends to be one votes for the other party then what Tim Walz’s brother says is relevant. Jeff Walz said: “ "The stories I could tell. Not the type of character you want making decisions about your future."
You should check exactly what those stories are: Tim Walz’s brother stands by criticism of his policies but says Facebook ‘wasn’t the right platform’ to express views

Jeff Walz lamented the distance between him and his brother, saying “it’s too bad” they’ve grown apart and expressing hope for the possibility they can “disagree and still be civil brothers.” He added that any “stories” he had to share about Tim Walz wouldn’t reveal anything “hidden” about him.

“My little brother, when we were younger, we would go on family trips and in a station wagon. And the thing was, nobody wanted to sit with him, because he had car sickness and would always throw up on us,” he said. “That sort of thing. There’s really nothing else hidden behind there. People are assuming something else.”

Yeah, don't want him as VP. He might throw up on Air Force One.

Somehow I think that Dick Chaney and his daughter voting for Harris has a touch more gravitas and relevance than young Tim barfing over the back seat of their station wagon. But maybe you'd disagree.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How she washes her greens? That she laughs? That her running mate's brother votes Republican?

Really? This comes across as some kind of SNL sketch.
I agree with you. Many times Kamala does come off as a SNL sketch. And they call Trump and Vance weird. Tell me would you eat greens at her house?

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not bad at all I think that makes some of them more in touch with reality.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,280,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dick was pretending to be a republican for decades so convincingly that he was elected to congress four times as one, held a cabinet position in two republican administrations and was elected as vice president as a republican twice. Most successful democrat sleeper agent ever.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟293,891.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you. Many times Kamala does come off as a SNL sketch. And they call Trump and Vance weird. Tell me would you eat greens at her house?
What she eats (remember Obama's arugula?), how she prepares it, how she laughs and who didn't want to sit next to young Timmy back in the 60's is apparently relevant to who gets your vote. Well, you have to decide on the major political issues as you see them, I guess.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟139,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dick was pretending to be a republican for decades so convincingly that he was elected to congress four times as one, held a cabinet position in two republican administrations and was elected as vice president as a republican twice. Most successful democrat sleeper agent ever.
Yes and there are a few more of them.

Upvote 0