What is the attraction to the monkey movies?

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟158,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't get it. They are coming back around.
Well, sci-fi has been a fascination for ages. The monkey movies started with King Kong back in the 1930s. Now there is Lizard vs. Monkey (Godzilla Vs. Kong), a crossover between two franchises. King Kong is part of the genre of Kaiju, or giant monsters (Japanese: 怪獣).

Source: Godzilla: 10 Things You Never Knew About The Kaiju He Fought
1715495446873.png

1715494996233.png

1715495020893.png

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

Jesus Christ is the Eternal God
May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟14,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I don't get it. They are coming back around.
If this is a reference to all the Planet of the Apes movies - I don't get it either.

I only watched the original and I did not like it. I don't like that genre.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟367,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If this is a reference to all the Planet of the Apes movies - I don't get it either.

I only watched the original and I did not like it. I don't like that genre.
It is. I get the monster ones like King Kong but the ones like they are people i have no interest in. Ick, i don't even like the way they look or talk, etc. i should have asked my daughter she watched all of them years ago.
Thanks for all the input everyone:)
I'm still confused as to the attraction? What is it with monkeys walking around and talking like they are people?

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟14,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
It is. I get the monster ones like King Kong but the ones like they are people i have no interest in. Ick, i don't even like the way they look or talk, etc. i should have asked my daughter she watched all of them years ago.
Thanks for all the input everyone:)
I'm still confused as to the attraction? What is it with monkeys walking around and talking like they are people?
I don't even know if it is about the monkeys - it could be any animal - I think some people just don't like people and want us to be replaced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟289,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think some people just don't like people and want us to be replaced.
I think it is inevitable. In a million or more years homo sapiens will have made their own survival impossible on a filthy polluted planet. But the planet will continue and other forms of life will survive and evolve. I doubt it will be apes. More like a highly evolved insect.
1716311387333.png

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟14,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I think it is inevitable. In a million or more years homo sapiens will have made their own survival impossible on a filthy polluted planet. But the planet will continue and other forms of life will survive and evolve. I doubt it will be apes. More like a highly evolved insect.
View attachment 348287
Naw - we are God's children and the Earth was given to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟14,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
And we were told to be stewards.
Correct - but God is not a "de-gifter" (I hope you understand my meaning without me using an offensive term. This is also an excellent Seinfeld reference :)).

God gave the Earth to His children. The Earth is ours. It will always be ours.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟289,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Correct - but God is not a "de-gifter" (I hope you understand my meaning without me using an offensive term. This is also an excellent Seinfeld reference :)).

God gave the Earth to His children. The Earth is ours. It will always be ours.
We need to repent of the harm we have done or we will be expelled from the garden

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟14,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
We need to repent of the harm we have done or we will be expelled from the garden
We definitely need to repent. Sin is and always will be the greatest threat to human happiness and flourishment.

But the Earth is not the Garden - and one day the Lord will return and reign - then after a thousand years the Earth will be cleansed and celestialized and be our eternal abode.

The Earth is ours forever. No sin will change that. Nothing we could ever do will change that.

Upvote 0