East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What exactly do you believe? Do you believe human can become god and create reasonable beings? If this is so, we don't need God. We can create alone faithful servants of ourselves.
This appears to be a good time to read the Bible. All your questions can be answered within the Bible, which is the Word of God.
John 3:16
God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that all that believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What exactly do you believe? Do you believe human can become god and create reasonable beings? If this is so, we don't need God. We can create alone faithful servants of ourselves.

Seems that the victims of LDS believe that foolishness.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If we are "joint heirs" with Christ in all that the Father has, and we sit in Jesus's throne with him, by definition we are more than just mere humans.

What are we?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This appears to be a good time to read the Bible. All your questions can be answered within the Bible, which is the Word of God.
John 3:16
God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that all that believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
It is always a good time to read the bible. I read the bible every day. Thank you for that advise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If we are "joint heirs" with Christ in all that the Father has, and we sit in Jesus's throne with him, by definition we are more than just mere humans.

What are we?

Mt.(22:30)
29 Jesus answered, “You are mistaken because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven."
I must say that being "like the angels in heaven" in no way ought to be concluded that we will become like "God" and able to "create other reasonable beings". In fact angels cannot create. The thought or assertion that angels can create is a rejection of the One Creator Who alone is God.
This whole becoming like God idea is strictly satanic in nature. It is the main temptation that satan used to persuade Eve to eat from the forbidden fruit. From the tree of knowledge of good and evil...
Gen.3:5 "…4 “You will not surely die,” the serpent told her. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God..."

Or here:
Isaiah (14:13-14)
13 You said in your heart: “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God. I will sit on the mount of assembly, in the far reaches of the north. 14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High."15 But you will be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit.…

Upvote 0

NightDream

Night dream
Dec 16, 2019
Sofia
✟9,325.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What are we?

Here is what bible say about sitting in God's throne:

Then came to him the mother of Zebedees children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.

But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What are we?

Glorified Humans. Next question??

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The foolishness you are referring to comes directly from the bible that you love so much.

But, of course, you couldn't be bothered to present the Scriptures that "Prove" that we become creator Gods.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I ask mormons, what they believe about what human can become.
Stop asking Mormons then. ;)

Seriously, that church is so far outside the bounds of historic Christian belief that Christian Forums states that it doesn't qualify as a Christian church. That's a view widely shared by other commentators.

The point, therefore, is that anyone wanting the answer to a question about Christian doctrine would do well to ask a member of some other church or else study what the Bible says on the subject, or both. The historic position of Christianity is that we were created in the 'image and likeness' of God but are nevertheless the creatures of God and cannot become God himself -- or an additional god -- in either this life or the next.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
(New Testament | John 10:34 - 36)

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

(New Testament | 2 Peter 1:3 - 9)

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

(New Testament | 1 John 3:2)

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

(New Testament | Revelation 3:21)

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Reactions: Ran77
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You said: "If this is so, we don't need God."

Dream on, what son does not need a father?

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
(New Testament | John 10:34 - 36)

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

(New Testament | 2 Peter 1:3 - 9)

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

(New Testament | 1 John 3:2)

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

(New Testament | Revelation 3:21)

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

First you quote John (10:34-36). Correct interpretation:
"In this passage, Jesus is referring to Psalm 82:6. The Psalm verse in question is a reference to the judges of Israel who, since they exercised the divine prerogative to judge, were called “gods.” In the Psalm, God is condemning the judges of Israel for their wicked judgments and reminding them that they will face him at the ultimate judgment. In the Gospel of John, Jesus is pointing out the hypocrisy of the Jewish leaders in assuming the descriptor “god” but denying it to Jesus."- quoted from catholicanswer.com

You then quoted Phil (2:5-6),correct interpretation: The context of "let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, Who..." is not applying to verse 6, but is applying to verse 4 which you - convenient to your erroneous beliefs - left out. Verse 4 states: "not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."
This is the mind that ought to be in Christians, the mind of humility and putting the needs and interests of the other before those of yourself. Not that you should have the mind "to not think it robbery to be equal with God." It should go without saying that the human creature should not conclude that we - the Christians - should have the mind in us "to not think it robbery to be equal with God". Quoting these verses and twisting them this way means you are saying that we should think that we are equal with God because Jesus is equal with His Father. It is blatant blasphemy.

Next you quote 2nd Peter (1:3-9). I will just copy and paste what you emboldened as if this was your proof text.
-ye might be partakers of the divine nature
-and to patience godliness

How is this proof text that in heaven we will be "gods" able to create reasoning creatures? Notice that it says "partakers of the divine nature" not that "you might become the divine nature". Beyond that, concerning "godliness", even now we Christians work out godliness, even now as we love Christ/follow His commandments we are "working out our own salvation". This cannot be done without in this life being holy/godly. This is the context. If "godly" was meant to imply here that this is obtained in heaven once we are "gods" then why wouldn't be the very last virtue listed??
The fact that the virtues St.Peter is listing goes on - in a chronological fashion - ending in charity we ought to then conclude - following your logic - that in heaven we become the personification of "charity". "Charity Gods" if you will... Smh.

1st John 3:2
"we shall be like him" Notice it says we shall be like him? It does not say that we shall be Him, does not say that we will be "gods", and certainly does not say that we will have the power to create reasoning creatures. In fact this "we shall be like him" is similar to Jesus' statement that in heaven we will be "like the angels." The fact that we shall be like him is only referring to the fact that we will have resurrected bodies like that of the Lord. Not that we will be like God.
I hope anything I am saying to you is sinking in... For sure our marriage decisions here on earth do not continue into eternity, with the result of us becoming new, married gods who reign over the earth - like planets where we sire more children.

Finally,
Revelation 3:21)
21 To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

If you do not see the difference here I don't know what to tell you. These verses are helping my the Traditional Catholic position at this point... The Lord(Jesus) will grant us to sit with Him on His throne, as He sits with His Father on His throne. There is a big difference there, even almost helps foolish people to see that all the glory is to God and God alone.
1st Corinthian (14:27-29)
"For “God has put everything under His feet.” Now when it says that everything has been put under Him, this clearly does not include the One who put everything under Him. 28 And when all things have been subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will be made subject to Him who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all.
This is to mean that all glory is due to God. The One Who put all things under the feet of His Son, and His Son Who gives all back to His Father. This Loving between the Father and the Son is The Holy Spirit. The Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit are the One Creator. You and the rest of the human race will never be like Him. You know this in your heart...

The fact that people can read Scripture this way further proves that the Bible just does not interpret itself. And that people twist and contort the Scripture to their destruction as St.Peter forewarned.
2nd Peter(3:15-16) "15 Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. 16 He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do also with the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction."

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Mormonism is full of lies! They teach that you must be obedient to all their teachings, so they baptize people without telling them what all those teachings are! Then they try to shame you if you discover something that contradicts the Bible.

Joseph Smith:
"God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens! That is the great secret. ...I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil,...

It is the first principle of the gospel to know for a certainty the character of God, ...and that He was once a man like us; yea, that God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ Himself did; ...you have got to learn how to be gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all gods have done before you, namely, by going from one small degree to another,... from exaltation to exaltation, until you attain to the resurrection of the dead, and are able to dwell in everlasting burnings. and to sit in glory, as do those who sit enthroned in everlasting power" (History of the Church, Vol. 6, Ch. 14, p. 305-6).

President Brigham Young:
"It appears ridiculous to the world, under their darkened and erroneous traditions, that God has once been a finite being" (Deseret News, Nov. 16, 1859, p. 290).

President Joseph Fielding Smith:
"Our father in heaven, according to the Prophet, had a father, and since there has been a condition of this kind through all eternity, each Father had a Father" (Doctrines of Salvation, 2:47).

President Joseph F. Smith:
"I know that God is a being with body, parts and passions...Man was born of woman; Christ, the Savior, was born of woman; and God, the Father was born of woman" (Deseret News, Church News, Sept. 19, 1936, p. 2).

Apostle Bruce R. McConkie:
"The Father is a glorified, perfected, resurrected, exalted man who worked out his salvation by obedience to the same laws he has given to us so that we may do the same" (A New Witness for the Articles of Faith, p. 64).
LDS View of God Contradicts the Bible and What the Bible Says About God

GOD THE FATHER HAD TO BE SAVED?!!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
First you quote John (10:34-36). Correct interpretation:
"In this passage, Jesus is referring to Psalm 82:6. The Psalm verse in question is a reference to the judges of Israel who, since they exercised the divine prerogative to judge, were called “gods.” In the Psalm, God is condemning the judges of Israel for their wicked judgments and reminding them that they will face him at the ultimate judgment. In the Gospel of John, Jesus is pointing out the hypocrisy of the Jewish leaders in assuming the descriptor “god” but denying it to Jesus."- quoted from catholicanswer.com
Let's put in judges:

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are judges?
35 If he called them judges, unto whom the word of judge came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of judge?

Can you see how this does not work? Besides the Greek word for judges is very different than the use of the word God. The Hebrew word could have meant judge or God, but Jesus made it very clear in the New Testament exactly which one He meant. He meant God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.