Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Jim Justice, the businessman-turned-politician governor of West Virginia, has been pursued in court for years by banks, governments, business partners and former employees for millions of dollars in unmet obligations.

And for a long time, Mr. Justice and his family’s companies have managed to stave off one threat after another with wily legal tactics notably at odds with the aw-shucks persona that has endeared him to so many West Virginians. On Tuesday, he is heavily favored to win the Republican Senate primary and cruise to victory in the general election, especially after the departure of the Democratic incumbent, Joe Manchin III.

But now, as he wraps up his second term as governor and campaigns for a seat in the U.S. Senate, things are looking dicier. Much like Donald J. Trump, with whom he is often compared — with whom he often compares himself — Mr. Justice has faced a barrage of costly judgments and legal setbacks.

And this time, there may be too many, some suspect, for Mr. Justice, 73, and his family to fend them all off.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟150,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟150,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess wealth will not do anything "justice" in the senate. Time for us to elect people who are middle class into congress, and who are closer to the center. :)

Yes, I had to make a pun.

are you saying it would be an injustice if Justice got in? :,)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,414,939.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I guess wealth will not do anything "justice" in the senate. Time for us to elect people who are middle class into congress, and who are closer to the center. :)

Yes, I had to make a pun.
I think that was a founding principle. ^_^

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that was a founding principle. ^_^
Yes, it was. We have strayed so far from that founding principle. The Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves right now, cos of the hyperpartisan society of today.

Upvote 0