Minnesota
✟222,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
CJR Editor-in-Chief Kyle Pope said of the episode, “No narrative did more to shape Trump’s relations with the press than Russiagate. The story, which included the Steele dossier and the Mueller report among other totemic moments, resulted in Pulitzer Prizes and embarrassing retractions and damaged careers.”

Reactions: sandman

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
CJR Editor-in-Chief Kyle Pope said of the episode, “No narrative did more to shape Trump’s relations with the press than Russiagate. The story, which included the Steele dossier and the Mueller report among other totemic moments, resulted in Pulitzer Prizes and embarrassing retractions and damaged careers.”
Good post, too bad that those who need to read it will simply ignore it because it does not fit their narrative

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,141,576.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sort of an odd article. Written in November, 2017--an off year in which few elections were held. House and Senate elections are in even years, as are most gubernatorial elections and even state legislative elections.
'
So if election results favored Democrats, there simply weren't enough of them to name Trump as the cause.

Now in 2018, there was absolutely no doubt that Trump was the cause. Democrats came out in droves to take back the House (and try to take back the Senate) so that there would be some check and balance to stop Trump (and therefore the country) from going off the rails. I volunteered in the local Democratic office and donated to campaigns (a lost cause where I live.) I think I also donated to some campaigns in swing states where I wasn't just pitching money into the trash basket.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟154,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Who threw the first punch?

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟218,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't it be better to use the original source, the Columbia Journalism Review rather than the Washington Times as reference? All the links within the article are to other WT articles and none to the original. I say "article" but really it reads as "op-ed".

And it is from a liberal source.
The Washington Time is far from liberal and is listed as a questionable source by MediaBiasFactCheck. CRJ is listed as left-center, highly factual with a clean fact-check record.

Actual article:
Warning for the sensitive: there is a forbidden word quoted

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn't it be better to use the original source, the Columbia Journalism Review rather than the Washington Times as reference? All the links within the article are to other WT articles and none to the original. I say "article" but really it reads as "op-ed".

The Washington Time is far from liberal and is listed as a questionable source by MediaBiasFactCheck. CRJ is listed as left-center, highly factual with a clean fact-check record.

Actual article:
Warning for the sensitive: there is a forbidden word quoted
The Washington Times is far more credible than the New York Times or Washington Post. The Hunter Biden laptop Russian Disinformation and the Russia Russia Russia hoaxes are good examples. Don't rely on a far left "fact checker." I pointed out before just how wrong Snopes has been.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟218,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Washington Times is far more credible than the New York Times or Washington Post.
Whether or not that is true (not), why post an article about an article instead of the article itself? The Washington Times does not link to its sources, only to itself.

The Hunter Biden laptop Russian Disinformation and the Russia Russia Russia hoaxes are good examples. Don't rely on a far left "fact checker." I pointed out before just how wrong Snopes has been.
So why are you bringing Snopes into it?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't judge credibility by how much a publication agrees with my political views.

For example, I believe WSJ is very credible, despite its conservative editorial policy.

Washington Times? Not so much.
I've seen the WSJ editorial board put out a totally false story and stick with it, backing up the corrupt establishment. That is not conservative.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟154,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I've seen the WSJ editorial board put out a totally false story and stick with it, backing up the corrupt establishment. That is not conservative.
If the WSJ is not “conservative” enough for your tastes, perhaps you’re more radicalized than you know?

Upvote 0