• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Vatican to Hold Press Conference About Medjugorje on Thursday; Announcement Will Be Livestreamed at 5:30am ET

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cardinal Víctor Fernández, prefect of the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith, will lead a press conference on the “spiritual experience” of Medjugorje this Thursday, Sept. 19, at the Vatican.

The Vatican Press Office informed that at Thursday’s press conference on Medjugorje, which will take place at 11:30 a.m. local time, Fernández will be joined by Monsignor Armando Matteo, who serves as secretary to the dicastery’s Doctrinal Section, along with Andrea Tornielli, editorial director of the Dicastery for Communication.

The press conference is scheduled to be broadcast live on Vatican News’ YouTube page.

Although no additional details about the event have been released, the press conference is being held within the framework of the new “Norms for Proceeding in the Discernment of Alleged Supernatural Phenomena,” published in May by the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith. Since then, the Holy See has issued rulings on various alleged Marian apparitions and devotions.

What’s happening in Medjugorje?​

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m interested to learn what the Cardinal has to say. I hope he doesn’t say that it’s been determined that the apparitions are real and that Our Lady didn’t say when the world is going to end.
Jesus didn’t even know.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Michie do you think the Church thinks these apparitions are real?
It’s been mixed messages all along. There is one man who had a conversion experience and became a priest. The seers I’m very wary of. To be honest I’m wary of the whole thing. Some of the messages too. I have no idea what the Church will say.

Upvote 0

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟37,120.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I’m interested to learn what the Cardinal has to say. I hope he doesn’t say that it’s been determined that the apparitions are real and that Our Lady didn’t say when the world is going to end.
The Church won't give its approval while the events are still happening. And when the events conclude, the Church may take many years before issuing its judgment.

There was a Dutch seer who claimed visions and messages from Mary between 1945 -1959. It was only in July 2024 that the Church officially announced that it wasn't authentic...65yrs later.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — With some prudence, Catholics can benefit spiritually from the messages and spiritual practices associated with the alleged apparitions of Mary in Medjugorje, Bosnia-Herzegovina, said the Vatican Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith.

“This does not imply a declaration of the supernatural character of the phenomenon,” nor does it mean that the tens of thousands of alleged messages from Mary published by the supposed “seers” are authentic, the dicastery said in a long “Note About the Spiritual Experience Connected with Medjugorje,” released Sept. 19.

With the approval of Pope Francis, the dicastery did, however, recognize “the abundant and widespread fruits, which are so beautiful and positive,” associated with devotion to Mary, Queen of Peace, and with pilgrimages to Medjugorje.

Cardinal Fernández presents the note​

Continued below.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don’t get what the church is saying about these apparitions. First they say we can learn from them then they say that they aren’t saying they’re authentic. I think in one of the articles it said the first x number of apparitions were authentic, maybe not the others. What is the Vatican saying? Besides the fact that it’s an interesting topic, my grandparents were Croatian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are not saying much. They feel it may be a spiritual experience…(whatever that can mean during these times). The Holy Spirit can work through these situations… good to find a devotion to Mary. Any apocalyptic messages are to be avoided. The visionaries are questionable and we’re given suggestions. *shrug*

I’m not impressed. It is basically saying nothing imo. Do what you want…milquetoast.
I don’t get what the church is saying about these apparitions. First they say we can learn from them then they say that they aren’t saying they’re authentic. I think in one of the articles it said the first x number of apparitions were authentic, maybe not the others. What is the Vatican saying? Besides the fact that it’s an interesting topic, my grandparents were from Croatia.

• Agree
Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with Fr. Murray. He sounds skeptical of the visions and messages. I never knew that some of the messages contradict Church teaching. That makes me skeptical too.
Yeah it’s something I have not been comfortable with since day 1 of learning about it.

Reactions: FaithT
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
COMMENTARY: ‘The Nihil obstat indicates that the faithful can receive a positive encouragement for their Christian life through this spiritual proposal.’

Upvote 0