• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Trump's Spiritual Advisor Admits to Molesting 12-Year-Old

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟884,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I am wondering why we didn't hear about it until decades after the fact, and why there was a long-running cover-up of some kind
Is this your first Church-related sex scandal? Decades long coverups may be more common than the opposite.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
North Texas
✟77,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I’m mainly joshing, understand.
The actions of one of Trump’s spiritual-advisors should not reflect anything negative about our 45th President, this reeks of guilt-by-association that I decried in 2008 when it was Obama and Jeremiah Wright, it wasn’t right then, it ain’t right now.

But boy can he pick ‘em!

Very true.

Unfortunately many will take anything like this and insert the "guilt by association" tag, no matter the politics of it.

Years ago we had a man build a patio cover and do some siding work on our home. We got acquainted with him as he worked, though never saw him again afterwards. Some time later he was arrested for indecency with a child. Does this make me guilty by association? We undoubtedly all could be accused in like manner.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟177,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It tells us something about who supports Trump, and who he is seen with. It also tells us something about the nature of certain churches.
It requires a fair amount of bias…this case is over 30 years old.
Trump hangs out with bunches of people, (some of whom may have “done things”, too, perhaps), so what?

As I said above, it was poor fare when this type of attack was hurled against Obama/Wright.
#bebest

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟236,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It requires a fair amount of bias…this case is over 30 years old.
Trump hangs out with bunches of people, (some of whom may have “done things”, too, perhaps), so what?

As I said above, it was poor fare when this type of attack was hurled against Obama/Wright.
#bebest
What is a lot more interesting are the grand jury exhibits from Epstein’s investigation in Florida that was just released. Our boy Donald was mentioned quite a bit.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟300,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Between that guy and Paula White, Trump doesn't exactly have a great track record with choosing spiritual advisors.
What's wrong with Paula White? Is her theology unorthodox?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟342,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What's wrong with Paula White? Is her theology unorthodox?
She's a prosperity gospel televangelist. Think Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, etc. I don't know if it's fair to call prosperity gospel "unorthodox," as it's quite popular, but it's been heavily criticized by more traditional branches of Christianity for its emphasis on and promotion of material wealth, as well as the documented material excesses of its pastors. I believe it was Creflo Dollar who is famous for exhorting his congregation to donate more money because God had called him to purchase a second (or maybe third?) private jet.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟300,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
She's a prosperity gospel televangelist. Think Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, etc. I don't know if it's fair to call prosperity gospel "unorthodox," as it's quite popular, but it's been heavily criticized by more traditional branches of Christianity for its emphasis on and promotion of material wealth, as well as the documented material excesses of its pastors. I believe it was Creflo Dollar who is famous for exhorting his congregation to donate more money because God had called him to purchase a second (or maybe third?) private jet.
Ah, I see. I don’t like the prosperity gospel. It makes me uncomfortable.

Reactions: Niels
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟884,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Robert Morris’ son-in-law, Ethan Fisher, renames Gateway Church Houston in wake of scandal

Further distancing himself from the Gateway Church brand in what he describes as a call from God, Ethan Fisher, senior pastor of Gateway Church Houston, who is also the son-in-law of embattled Gateway Church founder Robert Morris, announced Sunday that his church has been renamed Newlands Church following the child sex abuse allegations against his father-in-law.

“We believe the Lord has given us a new name."

• Informative
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟360,622.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Robert Morris’ son-in-law, Ethan Fisher, renames Gateway Church Houston in wake of scandal

Further distancing himself from the Gateway Church brand in what he describes as a call from God, Ethan Fisher, senior pastor of Gateway Church Houston, who is also the son-in-law of embattled Gateway Church founder Robert Morris, announced Sunday that his church has been renamed Newlands Church following the child sex abuse allegations against his father-in-law.

“We believe the Lord has given us a new name."
Probably a good idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums