• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Trump is running scared

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Really? Pointing out that she identified as Indian before flip flopping to calling herself black is hardly "whining that she wasn't mentioning her race."
She happens to be Indian. She happens to be black. I don't see where she tried to hide either of those. I don't get the obsession people like Trump have, over race. Should I change from "crabby old white guy" to "crabby old white guy with about 3 percent subsaharan African and 11 percent Asian"? I get that she's talking about issues of governance, and Trump is talking about race, but there's a time to just let it go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟714,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟714,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She happens to be Indian. She happens to be black. I don't see where she tried to hide either of those. I don't get the obsession people like Trump have, over race. Should I change from "crabby old white guy" to "crabby old white guy with about 3 percent subsaharan African and 11 percent Asian"? I get that she's talking about issues of governance, and Trump is talking about race, but there's a time to just let it go.
Once again, you got it backwards.

• Agree
Reactions: zelosravioli
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟778,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Somehow, it was just two weeks ago that Donald Trump headed into the Republican National Convention looking like a juggernaut. That all feels like a long time ago. As his campaign enters its final three months, Trump looks like a man off balance. His polling lead has evaporated, his campaign strategy is obsolete, and he’s flaunting his most offensive tendencies.

“I want to be nice,” Trump said Saturday at a rally in Minnesota. “They all say, I think he’s changed. I think he’s changed since two weeks ago. Something affected him. No, I haven’t changed—maybe I’ve gotten worse, actually.”

He's lost his swagger, and his "mean girl" act backfired on him when he went after Harris for being black.

And Vance seems in retrospect to have been an impulsive mistake.

And there isn't much time to fix things.
Trump is hardly scared LOL

• Agree
Reactions: zelosravioli
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟714,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trump is hardly scared LOL
He certainly isn't. But I think I would be, considering the things that have happened which some seem to be quick to forget.
download.jpg

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can you show where the specific individuals were members?
In February, Carrillo admitted to posting messages on Facebook a day before the shooting asking anyone if they were “down to boog” and saying he was ready to act and not just

. He also admitted firing 19 rounds from a homemade AR-15 rifle from the back of a white van being driven by a man he connected with online.

“I aligned myself with the anti-government movement and wanted to carry out violent acts against federal law enforcement officers in particular,” Carrillo said then.

A California man charged with killing a federal officer and a sheriff's deputy has ties to the far-right "Boogaloo" movement, according to federal authorities.

Air Force Staff Sgt. Steven Carrillo, 32, was charged with killing federal service officer David Patrick Underwood, 53, near a Black Lives Matter protest at an Oakland courthouse on May 29, the Department of Justice announced on Tuesday.

Carrillo faces federal murder charges in Underwood's death, as well as an attempted murder charge after allegedly severely wounding a fellow federal officer at the courthouse. Both officers were members of Homeland Security's Federal Protective Service

A second man, Robert Alvin Justus Jr., was charged with aiding and abetting after he admitted to serving as Carrillo's getaway driver in the drive-by attack on the officers, according to the FBI. Justus used the phrase "let's boogie," a reference to the far-right "Boogaloo boys" movement, in messages sent to Carrillo, the complaint said.

Inside the vehicles used by Carrillo, police found a patch linked to the "Boogaloo boys" movement, as well as bomb making equipment, ammo and guns, the FBI said. The movement seeks to use peaceful protests as cover to launch attacks in hopes of sparking a race war.

Police also found messages scrawled in blood, which said: "I became unreasonable" and "Boog." Both are linked to the "Boogaloo" movement, according to the complaint. A third message read, "Stop the duopoly."

"They came to Oakland to kill cops," John Bennett, the special agent in charge of the FBI's San Francisco division, told NBC News.

MINNNEAPOLIS — A Texas man who says he is affiliated the anti-government “boogaloo” movement pleaded guilty Thursday to opening fire on a Minneapolis police station last year during civil unrest over the death of George Floyd.

Ivan Harrison Hunter, a self-proclaimed member of the “boogaloo bois,” is accused of firing 13 rounds from a semi-automatic assault-style rifle on the Third Precinct police station while protesters were inside the building.

Hunter, of Boerne, Texas, pleaded guilty to a federal riot charge. A judge ordered a presentence investigation.

A masked, umbrella-wielding man accused of helping incite riots and looting in the aftermath of George Floyd's police-involved death has been identified as a member of a white supremacist group that aimed to stir racial tensions amid largely peaceful Black Lives Matter protests, according to police.

The 32-year-old, dubbed "Umbrella Man," was captured in a viral video back in May wearing a black hooded outfit and a black gas mask as he smashed store windows with a sledgehammer and encouraged people to steal, according to a search warrant affidavit filed in court this week.

Man who helped ignite George Floyd riots identified as white supremacist: Police

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Once again, you got it backwards.
The American people seem to think that you do. Harris now leads Trump in seven battleground states after Trump's race-baiting interview. I don't think that all of that can be blamed on Vance.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟307,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well he's set the date to debate Harris for September 4th in PA.

Whoever said he's too scared to ever debate her, step forward and eat crow. Y'all should have seen it coming a mile away.
He’ll easily win the debates with Harris- I have no doubt about that.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟714,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The American people seem to think that you do. Harris now leads Trump in seven battleground states after Trump's race-baiting interview. I don't think that all of that can be blamed on Vance.
That only is true of polls selected for the results you want to see.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That only is true of polls selected for the results you want to see.
That's a testable claim:

The trendline is not going Trump's way. But there is plenty of time to turn things around, if he has the discipline to keep on message and avoid further race-baiting.

Upvote 0

Ace777

Jesus Saves
Jun 20, 2024
✟9,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That's another issue, of course.
It is NOT another issue because we are looking at IF Trump and Biden did the right thing by removing our troops. You know EXACTLY what Trump would say: If He were still the president they would NOT be abusing those women. Biden and Harris are to blame for the women getting abused by the Taliban. Because right, wrong or indifferent Biden was the one that handed the two countries over to the Taliban. Deal or no deal it was not his deal then why did he honor it. Most likely so they did not start to kill american again. But you think a dead amerian is body bags is not a issue. Or parts of dead americans because the Taliban most likely blew them into pieces.

Or do you just want to have a cake walk and not deal with real life and the real world?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The REAL question here is do american men need to give their life to defend Afghan women.

That's another issue, of course.
It is NOT another issue because we are looking at IF Trump and Biden did the right thing by removing our troops.
Biden did not renege on the agreement Trump made to the Taliban, except to tell them that it would take more time than Trump asked for to get all of our people out of the country.

You know EXACTLY what Trump would say: If He were still the president they would NOT be abusing those women.
He says all sorts of things. No one with any sense actually believes most of them.
. Because right, wrong or indifferent Biden was the one that handed the two countries over to the Taliban.
No. Trump negotiated the surrender of Afghanistan to the Taliban, not Biden.
Deal or no deal it was not his deal then why did he honor it.
Why do U.S. presidents honor previous treaties and agreements with other nations? Do you not know why?

Most likely so they did not start to kill american again. But you think a dead amerian is body bags is not a issue. Or parts of dead americans because the Taliban most likely blew them into pieces.
In fact, the deaths during Biden's time were caused by ISIS insurgents, who killed far more Taliban than Americans. The Taliban, delighted to have Trump surrender the country to them, was only interested in helping the American troops leave without incident.

Upvote 0

Ace777

Jesus Saves
Jun 20, 2024
✟9,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Biden did not renege on the agreement Trump made to the Taliban, except to tell them that it would take more time than Trump asked for to get all of our people out of the country.
What did Biden and Harris DO to protect the women from abuse from the Taliban. Do you know what shiite law is?

The interpretation of Surah An-Nisa, 34 is subject to debate among Muslim scholars, along with the various translations of the passage which can read 'strike them' or '(lightly) strike them' or 'beat them' or 'scourge them' or 'take practical action with them',[5] depending on the translator.

Can a husband lightly strike his wife or is it ok for him to beat and scourge her?
I think we all know what the Taliban has to say about it.

Do you think it is perfectly acceptable for a husband to beat and abuse his wife?
Or do people just not care what goes on?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What did Biden and Harris DO to protect the women from abuse from the Taliban. Do you know what shiite law is?

Afghanistan's Shi'ite Minority Suffers 'Systematic Discrimination' Under Taliban Rule

Might be good to learn some of this stuff. It matters.

Can a husband lightly strike his wife or is it ok for him to beat and scourge her?
The old permissive approach wasn’t entirely forgotten, however. It was cited in two court rulings, one in Mississippi in 1824, the other in North Carolina in 1874. Both judges referred to an “ancient law” by which a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick provided it was no wider than his thumb. Where the judges came up with the thumb angle I don’t know; as I say, it’s not found in Blackstone.

It is now illegal everywhere in the United States.

Upvote 0

Ace777

Jesus Saves
Jun 20, 2024
✟9,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Might be good to learn some of this stuff. It matters.
Here’s a brief overview of the four main Sunni schools of thought:

1. Hanafi: Known for its flexibility and use of reason, it is the most widely followed school, especially in South Asia, Turkey, and the Balkans.
  2. Maliki: Emphasizes the practices of the people of Medina as a source of law. It is prevalent in North and West Africa.
  3. Shafi’i: Known for its systematic methodology in deriving laws, it is followed in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and parts of the Arabian Peninsula.
  4. Hanbali: The most conservative school, it relies heavily on the Quran and Hadith with minimal use of reason. It is predominant in Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
The Taliban’s interpretation of Islam is more rigid and influenced by their specific historical and cultural context, rather than representing the broader consensus of Sunni jurisprudence.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Taliban’s interpretation of Islam is more rigid and influenced by their specific historical and cultural context, rather than representing the broader consensus of Sunni jurisprudence.
But no shia. That's another thing entirely.

Upvote 0

Ace777

Jesus Saves
Jun 20, 2024
✟9,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It is now illegal everywhere in the United States.
My mamma tried to beat me with a yard stick once. She tried but she failed. But she did catch me just before I got up the steps ahead of her. What is the rule of law about that? The Taliban only have to beat one women and then all the rest will toe the line out of fear. I do not think they actually took that many people to the whipping post but they threated to.

My brother had a PhD in Child Psychology, so it was his job to determine what is discipline and what is abuse. My aunt was a social worker, so they make that decision also.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟401,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My mamma tried to beat me with a yard stick once. She tried but she failed. But she did catch me just before I got up the steps ahead of her. What is the rule of law about that? The Taliban only have to beat one women and then all the rest will toe the line out of fear. I do not think they actually took that many people to the whipping post but they threated to.

My brother had a PhD in Child Psychology, so it was his job to determine what is discipline and what is abuse. My aunt was a social worker, so they make that decision also.
In general, beating kids merely teaches them that if one is bigger and stronger, one can beat up smaller and weaker people. It's pretty hard to do it in a way that teaches values other than that.

Fortunately, I was blessed with kids who responded well to verbal correction.

Upvote 0