• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Transgenderism Is A Real Threat To Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟335,584.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Jesus Himself, being merciful, and powerful, could appear to people seconds before death. He could even stop time, and have a long lasting conversation with any soul he wishes to save.
By that logic I can live a reprobate life and then convert in the eternity I have in Jesus’ time stop. I would be able to be the bloodiest murderer or even wear a dress one time and be able to get to Heaven under your assumption.

Is that what you really mean?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟639,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My granddad was a life long atheist, my mum is gay and my sister is Buddhist. Mine and my sisters kids are not Christian and have no cultural foundation in Christianity.

On balance what do you think? What you are suggesting is Pascal’s wager which is a flawed premise.
Nah, that's not Pascal's Wager. I learned that from Catholics I met, and a lot of Catholics think that way.

Maybe Nobody needs any kind of faith or understanding of God for a deathbed Baptism of Desire.

Historically, the Church has taught that the graces of baptism can be received not only through the administration of the sacrament itself (baptism of water) but also through the desire for the sacrament (baptism of desire) or through martyrdom for Christ (baptism of blood).

Recent doctrinal development has made clear that it is possible for one to receive baptism of desire by an implicit desire. This is the principle that makes it possible for non-Christians to be saved. If they are genuinely committed to seeking and living by the truth, then they are implicitly committed to seeking Jesus Christ and living by his commands; they just don’t know that he is the Truth they’re seeking (cf. John 14:6).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟516,746.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the same time gender freedom is being attacked just by having a different opinion.

We could live in peace if they stop butchering kids for the sake of this, and teaching them and showing stuff is not okay for them, and then hiding things from parents in their back, and telling parents and students gender ideology -is not optional- even if you believe in other things. Also firiing people of jobs just because they say something is sin, and getting banned for having standard religious beliefs.
The amount of lawsuits from detransitioners are going to pile. up in a few years. Probably it will be the biggest -scandal- for a while.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟639,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By that logic I can live a reprobate life and then convert in the eternity I have in Jesus’ time stop. I would be able to be the bloodiest murderer or even wear a dress one time and be able to get to Heaven under your assumption.

Is that what you really mean?
Yup, exactly. If Paul can become a Saint, why not? How many Christians did Paul kill, dozens or hundreds? Charles Manson didn't even kill that many.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟516,746.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are no 'standard' religious beliefs- good grief do you think Christianity is the default position for humans?

SMF

I mean standard that are not new at all, and known by everyone by now.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟335,584.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yup, exactly. If Paul can become a Saint, why not? How many Christians did Paul kill, dozens or hundreds? Charles Manson didn't even kill that many.

You wanna know what's awkward? Meeting the Christians you killed...In heaven... And what do you do if you're the martyr.? Tackle him and start giving him noogies? IHNI.
I'm thinking that is ethically flawed.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟335,584.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Whats your point in the west is pretty common to kn ow the christian values, idk about satanism, etc.
My point is that knowing about them does not make the Palatable to people who are not Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟91,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There are no 'standard' religious beliefs- good grief do you think Christianity is the default position for humans?
Yes, for humans in this forum.

Why are some who adamantly reject Christian beliefs actively posting here? Are they attempting to "evangelize" their secular atheism, or is it simply that misery loves company?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟793,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The authors acknowledge that the framing of the survey is biased toward belief in, and concern about, ROGD.

So those scientists who are biased against ROGD despite parental reporting are the only opinions we should hear from?

Since when is that science? I'll tell you when, it's when science became a religion.

Science is [supposed to be] about looking for the truth. That necessitates hearing and looking into more than one point of view and seeing it from more than just one angle and coming to evidentiary based conclusions when all is done.

You know who rules a society when you find out who can't be criticized.

There's a man on the Internet who goes to different places and tries to get people to play in his little experiments. He looks for people who strongly agree with a topic and then their opposite who strongly disagrees with the same topic.

The odd thing he's finding is that people on the left don't even know what the opposing side even believes on these issues today. Whether it's the war in Israel or issues to do with gender ideology many have never even been exposed to the opposite point of view and the reasons for them now.

People really don't know, all they know is what they heard, 'that anyone who holds these opposing beliefs is evil and hateful and racist' etc. more than likely.

Why have they never heard exceedingly legitimate reasons to stand against things like giving gender dysphoric children drugs that can sterilize them?

Because activists have decided to do everything in their power to make sure no one ever hears another side of the story so they can drive the narrative and do whatever they want even if it's harmful to children that's why.

And if anyone does manage to come across said legitimate reasons it's certain to get squashed again along with anyone else who dares to share it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟793,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Why are some who adamantly reject Christian beliefs actively posting here? Are they attempting to "evangelize" their secular atheism, or is it simply that misery loves company?

There's Christians who are liberal activists, Christians who are conservative in faith and practice (no need to rewrite the Bible and all that), and atheists in this ethics forum also.

Because of this mix, the only people who appear to the world as Christians (the picture everyone thinks when they think "Christian") in this thread are the normal conservative ones.

Hi from sanity! Hahaha

There's Christian only sections, this just isn't one I don't think.

I think a lot of atheists used to be Catholic. They aren't bad people to chit chat with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟187,822.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Depends. Would you say that transgenderism is a kind of Vanity - people being overly concerned about their appearance (clothing, complexion, etc.)? If so, then that's a kind of flaw, that would be beneath the Saints in heaven.
I wouldn't say that, no. But I do not think you are suggesting that all this furore, the anger and fear expressed here is objecting to the sin of Vanity.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟187,822.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I have never seen evangelism from atheists on these forums. I wonder what would it be like. Actually the forum rules and the rectitude of the atheists here ensure that there is no attempt by atheists to convert you. Nor do any of us seem to me to be miserable.

Just to hark back to the title of the thread - there is no threat to Christians from us heathens, any more than from transgenderism (whatever that is).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Discern the Difference!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,194,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's Christians who are liberal activists, Christians who are conservative in faith and practice (no need to rewrite the Bible and all that), and atheists in this ethics forum also.
And there's some of us who are neither Liberal nor Conservative----------------we're off the chain and think out of the expected blue or red boxes.
I think a lot of atheists used to be Catholic. They aren't bad people to chit chat with.
There's a lot MORE atheists who used to be conservative, fundamantalistic evangelicals.

Fortunately, I'm not one of them.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟187,822.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There's Christian only sections, this just isn't one I don't think.

There is only one section open to non-Christians, and judging by the number of posts it has received (6.7 million!), it is very popular.

I was baptised in to the church of England (Episcopalian to Americans) as a child but it never took with me. I hope I am not bad to chit-chat with!

That brings me to why I post here. It is a good environment for the honest exchange of ideas and discussion of issues of the day without the more dreadful aspects of much of social media.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟639,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't say that, no. But I do not think you are suggesting that all this furore, the anger and fear expressed here is objecting to the sin of Vanity.
Not speaking for others, but for me personally, I'm not aware of any Catholic teaching, specifically, that clearly states transgenderism is a mortal sin. It's also not in the 10 commandments, so I assume it to be only venial, and related to the sin of vanity.

I'm sure others here see it differently.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟774,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Every week you can find Christian news reports of people around the world losing their jobs, being arrested, or being tried for voicing opposition to, or even questioning the transgender cultural trend. What's surprising is that most of these cases involve individuals making comments on private websites. This alone should have any free speech advocate upset with both the intolerant accusing parties, as well as the government systems coddling to the cultural agenda.

For Christians here that think the whole self-gender identifying trend is foolish but trivial, it's time to wake up and see what's happening. It took 20-30 years of aggressive activism for the gay community to successfully and significantly change America's culture. The transgender advocates are making progress much faster. In both cases, the Christian implications are the same, involving a much more profound development than just sexual freedom.

The LGBT movement is an inevitable result of the post-modernism movement that started decades ago. In short, it's a battle against objective reality which Christians should recognize as the Bible and subjective reality which is loosely determined by individuals' feelings and preferences. Will Christians cave in to the pressure now as before, thus compromising the very foundation of truth? Or will we fight this cultural trend, understanding its significance.

I believe we're in a cultural war between those who embrace God, the Bible, and objective truth versus those who oppose God, reject the Bible, and pursue their own subjective beliefs and values. Might I suggest that the removal of the Bible and prayer from public schools, teaching of evolution over creationism, prohibition of posting the ten commandments or Christmas nativity scenes on public property, support of abortion, and LGBT movement are all part of the spiritual warfare Satan is enacting upon America and the world. We must choose our side. For Christians called to be salt of the earth, this means speaking up when the opportunity arises, but be prepared for the growing legal and financial repercussions.

Now, here are just 3 recent examples of the hundreds of individuals being persecuted for thinking that God created two kinds, male and female, or that biology defines a person's sex and gender.

God's ways and mans ways are in opposition with one another .... has been that way since the fall of Adam and Eve and will continue (and worsen) as time goes on.

I stand with XX and XY which aligns with the Word of God ... and if I'm persecuted for that ... so be it.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.